Soap Opera Digest ending weekly print edition

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Used to subscribe when there were more soaps, and I was watching two. However, when when one ended, leaving just Days, no longer did......plus the mag no longer seemed to get the interviews or news that was of interest to me.

Down to 4 times a year, from 52??? huge decrease.

Thanks for the info Kat!

I stopped my subscription when they couldn't get the magazine to me in a timely manner. I was two weeks behind for 6 months while they "WORKED" on the problem. I had been a subscriber for 5 years at the time.

That slowdown happened to me too for a a year or so, but ironically enough, for the last 3 months or so, it's been arriving as early as it's ever arrived. I was always annoyed that when an issue didn't arrive, they would not have a copy to easily purchase. That hadn't happened probably in the past year, but in 2021 and early 2022 I think it happened at least two to three times a year. They would add an extra issue to your subscription, but then I had to buy it online elsewhere, for a more expensive price.

But, in any event, I do have the complete collection, which ends now just as the magazine hits its 48th anniversary (November 1975-November 2023). Daytime fan Matt posted a majority of the Days synopses from Digest from the 70s-00s and I've posted the remaining from the 2010s-today, so they are all on my website already. I would never post anything but the synopses, since I wanted people to have to buy the issue (instead of just posting things for free on the web).

Best wishes to Stephanie Sloane (editor) and the rest of the Digest team. Stephanie was nice enough to write about my website in one of her weekly columns many years ago, and Jason47 even made it into the fan Q&A in the back of the issue once as part of an answer to a question. It was an honor both times to be mentioned in Digest.

Will they keep the online edition?

I gave up on them when our store's magazine distributors stopped stocking them.

Soap opera posted message on their web site

October 30, 2023 3:03PM

We wanted to let you, our loyal readers, know that Soap Opera Digest will be publishing at a reduced frequency moving forward — but we also wanted to assure you that much of the content you’ve come to love in our print edition, including breaking news, exclusive story previews and interviews with your favorite stars, will continue to be available to you online. Please keep following us on social media and at soapoperadigest.com, and thank you for your decades of support!

Interesting........as they have announced only 4 print issues a year will be done.......and yes, still online. So, they are urging all the viewers to check the website for their comments.

Truly is a shame, people don't read anymore. Whether it is magazines, newspapers, books, Much too reliant on the internet. Sunday newspapers used to be big fat editions, with all sorts of sections, but Parade mag. disappeared, the 8 pages of comics is down to 4, even the sports section is much reduced. So actually is the weekly TV section.

And all those folks who do not have internet, no longer have access to any of the SOD tidbits. Oh, there are many. I have several friends who constantly ask me questions, as they do not have computers.........or any online access. Heck, my own husband would not even shut my computer off. Did not know how, did not want to learn. Told me once, if he had to, he'd just pull the plug from the socket. LOL

Truly is a shame, people don't read anymore. But that is exactly why the demise of newspapers and magazines.

I know that is why, but you said they do not read so I just wanted to state that they and I do read, but it's on the internet not on paper.

Even where I work, they will not print our courses for us anymore. We have to read them online.

Thanks, Soap Opera Digest, for 48 years of "Days" covers & coverage...and for the Jason47 mention!

550aa9de431fdad50f40e6e116de215917ccd112.jpg

66a67d3d771d356d6b6c6efcca691aad0112cc75.jpg

Back