Social Media June 2023

so there was no additional money moving to Peacock..... we have basically the same crummy sets..... and no exciting writing staff and now no one to tell us how horrible the stories are going to be.... wait.... I don't want to find out on my own that Paulina is going to yell at Sloan.... or Shawn will be short with Belle, I want to know ahead of time about these things.....

Oh Boy. Just what I was looking forward to.

TWO screaming babies, the newborn doll and Screeching Sarah.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/hollyw...-transparency-with-streaming-data/2023/06/21/

Since Days of our Lives move to the NBCUniversal streaming service, Peacock, it has been hard for those on the inside, and those on the outside, to understand the metrics of just how well the series is doing in its latest home, after leaving network television and NBC.

Well, not only Days of our Lives, but every other streaming show or series you love, has not had accessible information. That is just part of what many members of the DGA (Directors Guild of America) were asking for in their current negotiations … more transparency in streaming data.

In a report via The Wrap, it details how the DGA was able to secure significant increases in residuals and tie them to future worldwide subscriber growth for streaming services in their proposed new contracts.

However, some members of the guild wanted the DGA to push the streaming services to come forward with more viewership data, and this has been a common-theme and issue among all the Hollywood unions including SAG-AFTRA and the WGA.

Now, there have been some title listings by Nielsen on the most watched TV and films on streamer services. However, that’s a far cry for how viewership numbers have not been shared, even to the creatives at the shows themselves.

David A. Goodman, chief negotiator and former president of WGA West expressed, “At some point, the streamers are going to have to divulge more of this data if they want to attract advertisers, but right now they are just not budging.”

DGA members will vote on the current proposed contract through this Friday evening.

Meanwhile, the WGA and SAG-AFTRA have have insisted that they will not feel forced to strike a deal such as the DGA has with the AMPTP, especially if there is no transparency in streaming service data as well as their major sticking points. The Writers strike has now been on-going for over 50 days with no current end in sight.

Back