Social Media week June 27

Here are two links to articles about Marci Miller (Abigail) and Victoria Konefal (Ciara) leaving.
They have quotes from Ron Carlivati. I'm not sure if part of the Soap Opera article or not.

So I wonder what Victoria (Ciara) did to offend ReRon, he loved her and wrote for her coming and going.
ReRon didn't think a recast would work but was more than willing to bring back 1/2 that very popular couple to play someone else and figures those rabid fans will be just cool with him being somone else? He really does drink his own kool-aid........

I can't find words that explain my dislike over killing and not recasting Abigail.

Was under the impression that Victoria Konefal wanted out herself, tho has been willing to come back for the very short times. I think that is what ReRon was referring to about being hard to write for a couple if one is gone a lot of the time, & they make up excuses for the absences. In this case, Ben is constantly left in limbo, as they cannot have him move on, Victoria won't commit.
Personally, perhaps actors would not be wanting to leave if there was good story for their character to begin with. However, if an actor wants to stretch their wings, and doesn't want to be tied down to a contract, nothing to do.
I feel the part could have been recast, so THAT is on the show, not the actor or writer.

People in the entertainment business are experts at saying a lot of gibberish, without really telling the the truth about anything. In the past, he has said he has nothing to do with casting, etc. So, right now, would have been good to have interview with Corday, or Alaar (exec. producer), but then those two rarely, if ever, give interviews. Too afraid someone will ask a hard question.

Back