Social Media Week Oct 31

If someone said i will give you a million dollars if you can identify the person in the picture (Marlo Thomas) I would definitely lose a million dollars.
I don't know what all she did to herself, but she looks nothing, and I really mean nothing like she used to. She was one of my idols when I was younger.

Wait Kate was on the show in 1984? I thought she was a new character in the early 90s when she came to town with Lucas.

An article on Kates being!

While the article indicates Kate came on as Kate Winograd in 77, I believe Kate Winograd was a different character, who was a doctor. I was not watching then, but have read Days history. Yep, could be wrong. It seemed that when Kate Roberts appeared she somehow got attached to the previous Kate, but in reality, they both just have the same 1st name.

While the article indicates Kate came on as Kate Winograd in 77, I believe Kate Winograd was a different character, who was a doctor. I was not watching then, but have read Days history. Yep, could be wrong. It seemed that when Kate Roberts appeared she somehow got attached to the previous Kate, but in reality, they both just have the same 1st name.
The writers dropped the ball, big time, with the Kate character. While it was "supposed" to be the same character, they changed enough of her background that Kate Roberts was basically a completely different character than Kate Winograd.

Kate Winograd was unmarried (and had never been married) and didn't have any children, plus she was a doctor.

Kate Roberts had 2 "dead" children when she came to Salem, plus Lucas. She had been married to an abusive monster and had also been a hooker.

Kate Roberts' backstory was she, Curtis, Austin and Billie rented a house Bill and Laura owned (which later became Jen and Jack's house). But Bill and Laura didn't have a rental house that Kate Winograd lived in when she was on Days.

And not to be confused with Kate Honeycutt, who was a nurse hired by Stefano to take care of Sami and Eric when he kidnapped them as infants.

Jim Reilly really muddied up the waters as to whether it was supposed to be the same woman or not. Some places online (and in books) say they are the same character. But others say they were two different women who happened to have the same first name. There's nothing concrete to verify it in either direction.

Even the writers and Lauren Koslow (Kate) are kind of willy-nilly about the connection. You either have to believe it's the same character and they wiped out Kate Winograd's past as a doctor who was never married and had no children. Or you consider them two different women who both had affairs with Bill Horton, just happened to have the same name and drove Laura insane.

There is no way to 100% prove/disprove the connection. The only links between the two are the name Kate and the affair with Bill.

I personally like to think they were two different characters who happened to have the same first name and both had an affair with Bill.
Wait Kate was on the show in 1984? I thought she was a new character in the early 90s when she came to town with Lucas.

The Kate in that tweet from 1984 is Kate Honeycutt, the nurse employed by Stefano (top middle picture, the woman on the right side of Tony who is wearing a nurse's uniform; the woman on the left is Daphne DiMera, Tony's mother). She was eventually in charge of taking care of Sami and Eric after Stefano kidnapped them as babies. This Kate was played by actress Elinor Donahue, best known as Betty Anderson from Father Knows Best.

Here's Kate Honeycutt with Megan and Hope. She had also done some of Maxwell Hathaway's dirty work.

days-of-our-lives-Cheryl-Ann-Wilson-Elinor-Donahue-Kristian-Alfonso-October-19-1984-columbia-tristar-ec.jpg

Wow. Thanks for all of that history. I had no idea about either of the previous Kates as I didn’t start watching til the late 80s or whenever the Kayla being deaf storyline was.

Back