Solving for X in Salem

corruption

Banned
Reaction score
i am a dabbler in fan fic, and especially ejami fics..not loving ej now, but i did love what he used to be like..so this fic involves the ej i used to love! and sami!

if you want to know how it ends, pm me and i will send you the updates..due to length this is in two parts on here! hope you ejamiacs and non ejamiacs enjoy the story so far.

THE CERTAINITY OF TIDES

The body appeared to be a shadow hitting against the pier as Will walked along towards his Uncle Bo’s new boat. At first he did not believe his eyes, but as he got closer there was no mistake as to what he was seeing. The face of the blonde woman was bloated and white, and she was bobbing up and down in the current, but having been entangled in the ropes on the wharves, her ill fated journey in the water was ended.

Trembling, Will yelled at the 911 operator to send someone!

“You did a good job Will, and this is tough for you, but we have to ask a few questions before we let you go home with your dad.” Roman was gentle as he took Will aside to try and see if there was anything else he could add. Lucas stood by, wondering why, once again, when their son needed her, Sami was still under witness protection. Supposedly, the killer had been shot and was in critical condition, under guard at the hospital, awaiting questioning if and when he came out of the coma. Lucas had made sure Roman would tell Sami that Will was back, but it seemed as if she did not care enough to get word to him when she would be returning.

“Commander Brady..the girl..was there a baby found with her?” as he turned to see why the paramedic was asking him such an odd question, Roman shook his head in a negative reply. “Commander..she has had a child removed..by some surgical means..it had to have happened within the past few hours..the pathology guys will be able to say more..but it looks like it was a live birth!”

At that moment, EJ DiMera had taken the call on the plane from his wife Nicole, sharing the news that she had given birth to their daughter, six weeks early, but all was well. She was at the Brookville Out Patient Clinic, and when he landed, she would be waiting for him to take her and the baby home.

Nicole gave a heaving sigh of relief as she put the phone down. Dr. Baker had put the baby in her arms that morning at his cabin, then called the clinic to arrange for her to check in and have a bed for the day. He had then held out his hand for the money, which she had given to him without stopping her cooing at the infant. She had then placed the baby in the specially ordered from Harrods Department Store in London , pink monogrammed with a large D car seat, at the same time, taking the unmarked pistol out of said car seat, then pulling the trigger after taking careful aim at the shell shocked Doc’s evil heart. The money was taken back from his grubby, very still hands, before she threw the gun into the lake. Now all she had to do was wait for EJ to come, and the perfect family she had always envisioned would be walking out the door that night to the perfect home in the perfectly cozy DiMera Mansion. It would all be perfectly perfect she thought to herself, if they would only shut up that screaming banshee of a woman down the hall who was disturbing her need of rest. It had been quite a day! Nicole pushed the call button and demanded a sleeping pill to help her drown out the noise. After checking the orders, the nurse tried to explain that it was not on the chart, but Nicole was in no mood to hear it. She got the pill.

Rafe Hernandez stood outside the labor room where Sami was trying to maintain her breathing in between her screaming. Her entrance into the clinic with the news that she had no doctor arranged had the whole place in a uproar. Dr. Baker had been paged, but he was not answering, and there was no other doctor available. A call had been placed to University Hospital, and they were attempting to locate a physician to come and help. It looked as if the delivery was becoming complicated..as the nurse came out of the room after checking onSami, Rafe saw the look of concern on her face.

“What is the matter..is she alright? The baby?” he held the shoulders of the nurse, and though she knew he was not the father, she had to let him know the situation.

“Her labor is not going well..the baby is breech..and the blood pressure is getting dangerously high for the mother..we should do a c-section, but there is no one qualified..and our Doctor had no patients scheduled..he is probably out at his cabin, and there is no phone there..”

“You mean there is no one who can do this? What the hell kind of place is this?” But as Rafe looked around, the answer was plain. It was an understaffed, low quality doc in a box type of facility..one which he was surprised as hell to see EJ DiMera walking into, carrying a dozen roses!

It was only pure luck that had EJ disappearing into the room to meet his new daughter at the same time that Sami’s screeches of pain filled the hallways once again. For now, Rafe was only concerned with Sami, and he knew it would distress her to know EJ was anywhere near.

“Thank God, we have a doctor here, he was on his way to the lake with his girlfriend, and they were able to get him to take a detour, if you will get out of the way, we need to get this little lady to the surgery!”

Dr. Daniel Jonas kissed Chloe on the cheek as he sat her down in the waiting room. “This shouldn’t take me too long, and we will be back on our way to the lodge..the patient is already in the O.R.!

So in another of life’s little timely coincidences, Chloe was sitting in the lobby as EJ wheeled his new daughter and Nicole out.

“My God! Nicole! You had the baby! Let me see!!”Chloe did her best to not notice how uncomfortable Nicole was to see her, and how even more uncomfortable she was to know that Daniel was there on an emergency case. Promising to call her soon, Nicole feigned her exhaustion, and her desire to head home as quickly as possible. Nicole did not want Chloe asking any inconvenient questions like “Why in the hell would you deliver in this rat hole?”

“Darling, shouldn’t we wait for you to be examined by the doctor..oh.. I forgot, he is unavailable” EJ sounded extremely annoyed at that fact, “..look..Daniel is here..why don’t we let him check you over, the baby as well,..better safe than sorry!”

Even Chloe was surprised that Nicole could talk EJ out of that very sensible plan, but Chloe had never really understood how EJ could be so taken in by Nicole. Or Brady. So when Nicole got EJ to take her home, Chloe just opened up another magazine as she waited for Daniel. When he came up to her, the look on his face said they were not going to make their little get away happen.

“Christ Chloe..this is worse than I thought, we have to have her airlifted to Salem U..the baby is okay, but she is hemorrhaging badly..there is not enough of her blood type here to help her..” Daniel was apologetic, but firm in what had to be done.

“Hey, I am Universal, take mine!” Chloe held out her arms, smiling as she offered.

“Chloe, the patient is Sami Brady”. Chloe yanked her arms back. In the end, the helicopter ferried Daniel, Chloe, Sami and her infant daughter, along with Rafe to University Hospital in Salem where Lucas got his answer as to why Sami had not called him and Will that day.

Great story. I'm glad that Dr. Baker is gone for good! Can we get Nicole to shoot Daniel too?

I like the murderous witch. I think she stopped too soon.:evillaugh: She is the PERFECT DiMera wife in this story!

Back