Some very random thoughts

karibeari

Reaction score
First of all, every time John's father starts to ramble on I can not seem to pay attention. I find those scenes so boring.

Kate and Deimos are so gross. Why does Kate have to sleep with every man? And I know she's heartless, but what grandmother could have sex in an apartment where the person who murdered your grandson lived? (And actually was murdered there although doesn't know that, which brings me to these side points: 1. How bad is the Salem PD that they couldn't even tell his body was moved? And 2. How can people move bodies and kidnapped people so easily from one building to another across town in this town so easily? Is everyone blind?)

I don't understand how in one scene Abby is in bed alone, the phone rings and she thinks it's Ben and gets freaked out. Cut to commercial and come back, and Abby, Chad and the baby are in the same room and she looks happy and says she feels so much better. WHAT? Bad editing or is she literally nuts?

I agree about Yo Ling! I found myself not catching the whole thing the other day. I did hear him say "I love you" to John and then I was like WHAT? lol

I am okay that Kate and Deimos flirting maybe even a quick fling, but for him to fall for her? Nope, not really, I know she's a lady with a reputation for power and such and I think it's time there's someone else!

Oh and Brady still doesn't know that John is kidnapped? Does Belle know?

I kept waiting for them to find out where the murder took place. Poor Will hardly got any storyline, yet Dan is still being grieved. It makes me sad.

I agree about Yo Ling! I found myself not catching the whole thing the other day. I did hear him say "I love you" to John and then I was like WHAT? lol

Oh and Brady still doesn't know that John is kidnapped? Does Belle know?

I can NOT focus on anything the man says! Brady and Belle don't appear to know. I can't ever remember a scene where Belle has even talked to Paul, I don't even remember her being told about him. Maybe it was supposed to be done out of actual storyline?

The thing is, there seems to be scenes that were cut out, as the NBC recaps guide doesn't seem to match up with what we see on some days. (for instance they had Hope telling Ciara that she wanted to go back to being a detective...and we never saw her talking with anyone about it. She just was :"back on the force")
In fact, last fall there were pictures posted by NBC of scenes......we never saw the scenes. Shawn D, with various people. And one of Belle visiting Brady after his heart transplant.never saw that on screen either.

I wish they'd be better at cutting scenes that push a story along. I appreciate them wanting storylines to move a little faster and not be so drawn out but not at the expense of a loss of information or things making sense.

Well, sometimes it is done to change storyline direction. For instance, I have read there was a kiss between Rafe & Hope (a couple months ago) that was cut, so all we saw was them standing very close. I think the suits have changed their minds about any sort of "romance" between Rafe & Hope, so they have cut scenes that give any indication that either one is getting doe eyed over the other.

Fortunately, John's father only has about 5 episodes, as his rambling about the terrible (to him) western civilization, while spouting his Hitler philosophy is wearing on one's nerves. I think he has used up 4 of them. Hopefully.

Yes it was in front of the fireplace.

So..... where is Andre? And what about that phone call Hope got saying she killed the wrong person?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately, John's father only has about 5 episodes, as his rambling about the terrible (to him) western civilization, while spouting his Hitler philosophy is wearing on one's nerves. I think he has used up 4 of them. Hopefully.

From your fingertips to God's ears! :rotfl: I can't take him much more! Hopefully Rafe can pull a "Salem teleport" to save them before Paul's brain is wiped because at the moment neither him nor Steve are anywhere near at this point. And Steve is going to get sidetracked with the Joey situation. I don't want a killing robot Paul.

No sense in starting a whole new thread to say this so I'll add it in my random thread. Kate and Deimos literally make me want to be sick. In every room of the mansion? That face she made? So gross.

I didn't have much respect for her before, but this seals the deal. Her not caring about Victor is one thing, but Maggie? How could she be OK with that? She's an innocent old lady.

I don't think Kate knows what Deimos did to Maggie, & I don't think she would end up caring anyway. She thought it bad Deimos left Vic to die, coming up to have sex with her instead, so she walked out. But, she is back, all jealous of just seeing Nicole there.

I really hope Deimos is headed for a huge fall, one that all the king's horses, and all the king's men cannot help to put him together again.
I really love Vincent Irrizarry, (Deimos) but after he targeted innocent Maggie in his revenge quest, Deimos gets not a single ounce of sympathy from me. As much as I think the actor could add to Days, being such a good actor, Deimos needs to return to prison. Maybe he could get a really rude awakening, something that would cause him to regret all he has done.

Deimos told Kate about Maggie, she didn't really seem to care at all. She just went on about Victor thinking it was funny what Stefano did to her so who cares basically. She did seem to care about Victor being left to die, either that's another thing the writers decided to forget or her jealousy got the better of her.

I agree that the guy that plays Deimos is a great actor, but he's kind of being written into a corner. Most bad guys have had some redeeming qualities or moments but this guy right from the get go has been terrible. Using Maggie as fodder is kind of harsh. Will he be the ultimate bad guy now or will they find some way to try and write him out if this? One thing though, I don't see him keeping all of Victor's stuff too long.

I just don't think Deimos mentioned withholding the antidote unless Victor signed it all away.

But, makes no mind. Kate thinking nothing of Deimos targeting Maggie has put her down at the bottom of the trash bin.

Bad enough in the past she attempted to kill Chloe.......and bedded every bad guy who happened to pass thru Salem. Kate no longer has a single redeeming quality, and she can join Summer & leave town.

In the past, when Kate tried to kill Victor....and got thrown out on her ear, no money, lived in her car for a while, then a homeless shelter, & finally because of Fay Walker (Nicole's mother) was able to get a job, Fay even shared her home with Kate. I liked Kate being a waitress at the Hudson St. Diner, but deplore the woman she is now.

He for sure told her that he poisoned Maggie, I don't remember whether or not he layed it out exactly as "I poisoned her and told Victor I'd cure her if he signed over his stuff." But him telling her he poisoned Maggie was in response to her wondering how he'd gotten Victor to give up his stuff. But I'm fairly sure he said the whole plan. You are so right, there is nothing at all good about Kate at all. She is completely disgusting, most of the time she doesn't even care about her own kids. I like the person that plays her but the character itself is just trash.

I think Kate is due for another fall from grace much similar to the diner days. Would make her character likeable again with more humility and vulnerability. But ah that's just wishful thinking. I'm hoping Bill Horton returns to Salem and gives Kate the third degree about how wrong and horrible her actions have been with Deimos and stealing their own son's job away. Bill might be the only saving grace for Kate. But again more wishful thinking on my part lol!

Back