Something that just occurred to me about Daniel

karibeari

Reaction score
After the accident Brady and Eric both had cuts and marks on their faces, and still do. I think even Jennifer did. Daniel died of a brain injury yet I don't remember seeing even one mark, scratch, swelling or bandage on his head or face anywhere. :confused:

I just saw a story about a young man who fell over a chain exiting a concert and hit his head. He had no marks, nothing. But when he got on the train he couldn't stay awake and his friend made the conductor stop. They fortunately took him to a hospital that deals with this particular type of injury, which I cannot remember the name. But what happens is you hit your head and it creates a shockwave effect from one side of your head to the other and meets like a sonic boom in your brain. If he hadn't gotten to the hospital he would have died. So I guess it is possible to have a traumatic head injury without any external evidence.

Yeah I caught that and commented on it just after it was shown.

Reactions: jgk
My husband was a trauma 1 nurse years ago and he said there would have been a lot of swelling and he would not have looked the way he looked. He looked way to neat and tidy for a being in such a bad accident.

Reactions: jgk
I'm sure it's "possible" to have a head injury with no marks but not very likely, especially when seeing the other people and how marked up they were. It was just very weird to me that they kept him completely clean, no blood, no marks, no bandages around his head like there was swelling from his brain injury when everyone else was very bloody. For a show that is trying to portray that his injures were so bad he couldn't be saved you'd think they'd have added some blood and cuts to his head.

I just saw a story about a young man who fell over a chain exiting a concert and hit his head. He had no marks, nothing. But when he got on the train he couldn't stay awake and his friend made the conductor stop. They fortunately took him to a hospital that deals with this particular type of injury, which I cannot remember the name. But what happens is you hit your head and it creates a shockwave effect from one side of your head to the other and meets like a sonic boom in your brain. If he hadn't gotten to the hospital he would have died. So I guess it is possible to have a traumatic head injury without any external evidence.

This is the opposite of what happened to the actress Natasha Richardson. She fell skiing without a helmet and waited too long to seek treatment.

Once upon a time, Days had consultants on set. People in the profession, who made sure things were somewhat realistic when it came to medical, legal, government, etc. etc. Unfortunately, they can no longer afford those people, and more unfortunately, don't have anyone who knows how to google and get the info. LOL

Thus, we have heart transplant patients who can wander out of the room with no IV attached. Heck I had one for a week after gall bladder surgery. Ha.

We have another heart patient, who is attached to a zillion different machines, who manages to rip them all away, to go wandering to the morgue. Now mind you, the minute he ripped out/off those connections to machines, the nursing desk (or wherever the monitors are located) should have noticed immediately. That is why he is connected! Alas, not only did they not notice, absolutely NO ONE noticed a patient roaming the halls, in areas where there should be NO patients.

And then we have a patient, injured in the accident, one who can barely walk, who is not even kept overnight!

Salem hospital used to be quite a respectable hospital, with good care. Now it seems to be as effective as the Salem PD, and the Salem court system.

I found the whole "accident" scenario strange. Think about this, Jennifer was driving a Volvo (one of the safest cars on the road). Given Brady's wealth, I'm sure he and Daniel were in a late model car with airbags and a dozen other safety features. Even Eric was wearing his seat belt. Now, they never said how fast Eric was going, but, did front and side air bags not deploy? What's the deal with the chest trauma (i.e., Brady and Eric's hearts) and Daniel's head was struck so hard he was brain dead? Another epic fail from the writers, in my opinion.

The cars skidded on black ice, trying to avoid. Jen said her car spun around. We really do not know if cars then hit poles, fences, etc. or just each other. Having been in a car hit by another with air bags deployed, will only say....the seat belts tighten so much, you turn black and blue where they were against your body. I don't know how, but I had a huge lump on top my head. Air bags deploy for just just a few seconds, then deflate.

Back