Stefano

No. The characters think Stefano is alive because of Steve and Shane's plan when Shane dressed up as Stefano so Hope would be cleared of killing him.

But they did throw in that little thing when it was all over and Shane was sitting in the hotel room, looking at pictures of himself disguised as Stefano around town, when he saw a picture of Stefano sitting on a park bench that he swore he didn't sit for.

I cannot, will not and don't want to accept a recast of Stefano!!!!! I don't necessarily like all of the recasts but I have tried not to complain too much. If they were to recast Stefano I would complain constantly, probably fast forward all scenes and perhaps just give up on DOOL! There are a few characters that just shouldn't be recast.

I do not know why folks assume because of mentions of him, that he is alive and well. People do mention dead relatives, recall things to do with them, that is not unusual. I hated that Days chose to have a picture that Shane (in his Stefano disguise) did not remember having been taken, included in the whitewash of Hope's killing of Stefano. I always thought they did a good job with his death. He was dying, knew it, was becoming more and more feeble, so goaded and prodded Hope, knowing she would snap. His final revenge, which is why he was laughing so much. The man was deposited, wrapped up, in a dilapidated building, full of dust and dirt for several days. He was shot several times, so there had to be a a great deal of blood loss, in addition to whatever had him dying in the 1st place.

Stefano is dead. just as Mickey is dead, Shawn & Caroline are dead, Tom & Alice are dead. As much as we would like to live long healthy lives forever, that is not in the cards. Just wish everyone, including the show itself, would just left Stefano rest in peace.

Put an end to DiMeras.....but guess writers today are just no capable of building up a family from scratch any more. Heck, they cannot even keep the Brady family, why worry about DiMera?

Honestly I hope not, but the mentions are staggeringly high. I just don't see anyone above the Head Writer signing off on that. A recast would almost certainly be universally rejected - even if he snags Thom Christopher or Roscoe Born (who played recurring immortal Stefano-like bad guys on One Life to Live) to "boost" Days' ratings. I don't see it.

Though I'm with Poirot - I'd destroy every living DiMera in a second if given the chance.

Truthfully it's tragic how they wrote Stefano out - then in but not - or is he? Stupid. Make a call and stick with it. That'd be new for a soap.

Don't know who else they considered for Viv recast, if they ever did, but I think they could have done better. And no.........i don't want ANYONE become the iconic Stefano DiMera. See, I don't care how many times they mention his name, the portrait is constantly shown. It is pretty big one, and a wonderful tribute to Joe Mascolo who played Stefano.

Maybe Rolf could make a Stefano mask for a new actor and we fans wouldn't catch on for a while??!!
The fans would catch on in a Salem second because the great Joseph Mascolo was the one and only Stefano DiMera. However, clueless Salemites would of course be thoroughly taken in.
  • Hope, Rafe, and the entire Salem P.D. would be in a tizzy over the return of their archenemy who is surely out for revenge with a capital R.
  • Kristen rushes over to the DiMansion to curry favor with Daddy Dearest.
  • Kate starts conniving, trying to figure out how to play the return of the Phoenix to her advantage.
  • Victor gets off pithy one-liners about his old enemy's return.
  • Eve rushes over to the DiMansion, hoping to put the moves on the Phoenix and become the latest Mrs. DiMera.

I honestly could see the show trying to pull something Ron pulled on One Life...have the character come back but we don't know for several months that it's Stefano.

Note. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO DO THIS. But I could see them doing it because they're very, very bad at their jobs.

There have been way too many mentions of Stefano for there not to be anything brewing, in my opinion.
I agree. Whenever they start talking about someone who's been off the canvas, you know there getting ready to bring them back. Nobody else can play Stefano, and to try it, is crazy. The Vivian re-cast is horrible! They should have left her dead.

Back