Steve's patch

Folks, as some of you know, I work at an agency for the blind and visually impaired. Our clients who are here for support group think those of you who are complaining about Steve's patch are biased against visually impaired people who don't look the same as everyone else. Don't shoot the messenger.....I'm just reporting what they said. (But I do agree with them.) Yes, they "watch" Days, and love Patch.

My best friend's (Janet, for those of you on my Facebook) husband, like Steve, only has one eye . His other eye socket was also shattered beyond repair. As Poirot said, a prosthetic eye can never be used again. Most of you could probably not handle the appearance of that area of his face, and would be begging him to put on a patch. Nope, he goes without.

Really?? Clean clothes & face, hair, (combed). What is it? The partial shave? Popular in Salem, it seems.
Am surprised Brady, in the hospital, especially with having such surgery, did not have his face shaved. ???

Lots of people opt to stay with what they know/what they are comfortable with, rather than corrective surgery. And corrective surgery doesn't always work. I don't think it's that unrealistic.

Plus, if they ditch the patch then they need to put a scar on his face every day and I imagine that gets tedious pretty quickly for everyone.

Both Peter Reckell (Bo) and Steve Nichols (Patch) have commented about how they hated getting that dagger "tattoo" put on, so both preferred to keep their shirts on. And John had that phoenix tattoo "removed" for the same reason. Truly exasperating to have it put on constantly, they made the removal part of a story back some years ago.

Well, I suppose he could wear dark sunglasses, perhaps that would make those he is offending happier.

Sorry, folks, but there are adults, kids, who have to go thru life wearing leg braces, be in wheel chairs, on crutches, bed ridden, use canes, have seeing eye dogs, service dogs, caregivers, and so much more. Steve lost his eye, it has been damaged beyond repair, according to the story thus far. The patch........it is his trademark. Just like Stefano's ever present chess set.
Unless another miracle surgeon like Daniel comes along, Steve will be wearing that patch.
I never said I was offended, I just think it looks ridiculous in 2016.

But that was my point. It may be 2016, but people still have these very same issues, which cannot be fixed with a swipe of a surgeon's knife.
People who need assistance MIGHT feel "different" enough, having to wear their prosthetic limbs, patches, canes, crutches, wigs, etc. etc. In my opinion, Steve does not look ridiculous, and being I only have vision in one eye, (and had to wear a patch when a kid) maybe I just see it differently than others.

But Poirot, you forget, Steve is in Salem where EVERYTHING can be fixed. It's done all the time.:rotfl::rotfl:

LOL, yes, THERE, you have a point. :rotfl: But the miracle man who was able to "fix" everything and anything, is gone now. But then again, there is still that Salem water!

I think they are setting up Dr Fynn Fan the Miracle Man as the new super doctor in Salem.

ssshhhh...........he doesn't have it.......the charisma...!!!

It doesn't annoy me and handicaps are not being made fun of. All I was saying is on this show where Dr. Rolf was like Dr. Frankenstein, and all the crazy crap that has happened, you would think they could do something for him. No harm intended.

Back