Still not buying into Rafe and Hope

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Good grief, this whole bit of Aiden trying to tear Rafe and Hope apart (as if they are really a solid couple) is just falling flat for me.

How Rafe could be in love with a woman who put him last in the line of men makes me see him as either an abused puppy or some creepy dude. I also didn't like the way he would grab Hope to make her look at him.

It makes Hope look like a snot who just thrives off of having as many men fawning over her as possible. And now it's backfiring because one of them is a nutjob.

Aiden has been rewritten into a controlling evil jerk.

This story just has not gotten me invested at all. Hell, who's the daddy of Chloe's baby is more interesting and it's got a new guy and a return front and center.

Please end this Rafe and Hope nonsense.

That is what so interesting with this forum. SarahBeth, sometimes I agree with you wholeheartedly, but this time, I respectfully do not. I like Hope and Rafe together, and after today, more and more I must say.

I really do believe Hope loves Rafe and she's trying to protect him, in her own foolish way. Of course, in typical Soap opera fashion, she doesn't go right away to Rafe to create angst. But Rafe has her number, and of course, Aiden's number. Rafe was never a fool and we saw that again today.

Do I think in the past Hope sent mixed signals ? Yes, I do. Now... not so much. She sees who the real Aiden is. And she loves Rafe, realizes what a great loving guy he is, and I for one see their potential together. I enjoy them much more then other couples on this show, who jump into bed and profess their undying love out of nowhere (I'm looking at you, Theresa and Brady). So I say : bring it on, go Hope and Rafe ! It's slowly but surely developing into something very, very good and I hope the writers don't ruin it.

I agree with SarahBeth. It feels too forced, like the writers put these two together because they didn't know who else to put them with. They were so good as friends, but now he is acting like her bodyguard and Hope never needed one. She was one tough cookie all on her own. I still need to watch today's show, so cannot give my view on that.

@TheWriter

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just have acknowledge how much I appreciate and agree with your post!!!!

I haven't posted in ages, but you've stated what I (and I also believe plenty of others here and elsewhere think and feel regarding this pairing).

I'm not saying that there aren't many that also disagree with us.

But, in my opinion, there are many that are simply so discouraged by all the negative posting regarding the couple that they simply choose not to get involved in the negative discussion.

Thank you for the post!

Last edited:
I also am not feeling Rafe and Hope at all. It is very forced. They are not the next super couple. I still wish the writers hadn't ruined Aiden. I would have so much rather just had him step aside when Bo came back, let her deal with all that and then be there for her after. I really grew to like Hope and Aiden. Got my hopes when they brought him back but nope - just more trashing. But Rafe is not the one for her.

Right now, these two care a great deal about each other. On soaps, heck, seems there is no problem at all with falling in love with anyone. Hope has done so with Bo, Aiden, Rafe, and even had a fling with Patrick. Rafe with Sami, Jordan, tiny bit with Carrie, and before Sami there was Emily. So, apparently there are any number of men one can fall for and be happy.....at least in Salem.

I also liked them as good friends, partners, watching each other's backs...but they have now ended up intertwined because of a crime. Maybe that makes them more bound together, or feeling more protective towards each other, I don't know. But it was not these writers who put them together, so who knows.

Meanwhile, I do like them together. Their relationship has been taking a while to develop, which is great. They are not rolling around in bed or sofa every other minute.

Yes, I hate what the change in Aiden, it is a shame. It was bad enough when the wrote him off the show last time, but to bring him back and have him be like he is....would rather he would have stayed dead.

I don't like them together. It's not that I hate them together, it's just that I don't care. For me, I enjoyed their friendship and partnership. It seems weird that Rafe is suddenly all over her, and their personalities have changed so much since their getting together (not in a good way, if you ask me). Furthermore, they're ALWAYS front and center on Days it seems. And it also gives Aiden and Andre more screen time, which I don't care to see.

Sorry, for me Rafe and Hope are playing out in similar fashion to Daniel and Jennifer. The writers are trying too hard to get me to like them and buy into them as a serious couple. It's all too forced in my opinion. Yes, I can understand a close relationship between them from a professional standpoint (and that aspect does resonate) but as a romantic couple it is falling flat for me. I know there's not that big of an age difference between them but given their individual histories on the show I see them as being from two different generations so it's weird for me.

I have mixed feelings about Rafe and Hope. Just when I was warming up to them, they brought back Aiden, and I still don't get why Hope went back to him. Now, I still feel like Rafe's feelings for her outweigh hers for him. He's very puppy dog-like to me with her. What has she sacrificed for him vs. what he's sacrificed for her? I always thought that Rafe and Nicole would have made a great couple. I'd rather that than this Deimos business. After all that's happened to Rafe with Sami and since Sami, I think he deserves better than someone who always seems mixed regarding him. Even the brief Rafe and Kate romance had more heat to it.

Seeing Hope tell Jennifer that she broke up with him, I was waiting for Jen to start jumping up and down and saying "goody can I have him" That's how messed up I have become from the writing lol.

To me, it seems like Hope sees Rafe as a very good friend of hers (with benefits). He is not the love of her life, as Bo was, and no, Aiden was never the love of her life either even when he was a good guy before they threw him under the bus. As others have stated, Rafe seems so much younger than Hope and he seems to have a puppy like devotion to her like she is his first crush. He never acted that way with Sami or Jordan, probably because they were closer to him in age. The show should have tried him out with Nicole, as I don't like her with Deimos either. It would have been a more natural pairing and Rafe and Hope could have remained partners and good friends.

The whole Rafe Hope storyline for me is a snoozer. I actually don't think Hope is the problem. For me it's Rafe. I think he's boring and does not have good chemistry with Hope. I agree it's the generational gap that's the problem. At least if he's paired with Nicole its believable. At least for me.

AND I wish he was smarter. He seems really dumb when he's with Hope. I have no real reason for that opinion. I just cant stop the eye rolling whenever they are together on screen. I don't buy any of their scenes. Not a feeling, nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me, at least for now, they stop looking for proof that Andre blew them up and Aiden knew about it. What happened to that storyline that would nullify the hold he has on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan, I find them forced. It's alternating between uncomfortable to watch and outright boring.

I'd rather have seen Hope have some time alone post Aiden, post Bo's death, to grieve and find herself. This whole (boring) storyline would work just as well with her and Rafe as close friends.

I would be against Hope and Rafe as lovers even if Aiden had never existed. I agree that Hope and Rafe come across as friends with benefits, forced as some grand love affair because he just has to have another leading lady to leech off of. And since he helped her cover up a murder she owes him a romantic relationship.

Seeing Hope tell Jennifer that she broke up with him, I was waiting for Jen to start jumping up and down and saying "goody can I have him" That's how messed up I have become from the writing lol.

LOL! If only! Rafe might as well go on to hit the Horton gene pool.

Last edited:
Back