Stories/Strike/Timeline of Episodes

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
We all know that Days films way ahead, which helped them to continue with new episodes during the writers' strike. Where are we in terms of how much longer the temporary writers are responsible for the plot, the casting changes take effect, and we get to the post-strike team doing shows on screen for us?

I know we only have a few more months with Nicole after Ari Zucker was let go, and I remember seeing that Steve Burton (Harris) is already on General Hospital in their stories. Just curious when things will switch (and if we'll even notice a difference!)? The establishing shots have been a nice addition, and it feels like flashback scenes aren't taking place every single episode now.

Also curious if there has been any news about changes behind-the-scenes and if any of the folks who appeared to have been let go in retaliation for speaking out may return since fired guy is out of the picture? Also wasn't sure if Daily Days was the right place to post this?

We have just under two months remaining of strike material. Ron Carlivati's scripts hit the air the last week of May per his Instagram this week. He is the regular head writer.

Albert Alarr's influence finally ended at the end of March. He was gone earlier as producer but his story outlines continued. He either thought we would all love wall to wall Harris, Wendy, Tripp and Paulina or was trying to tank the show on his way out.

Janet Drucker is now fully dictating storylines as the new executive producer. She has been around since the early 1980s and I think she is more interested in romance and couples. I'm cautious but optimistic.

Nobody has lost their jobs apart from Albert Alarr and Ari Zucker (Nicole). He was fired. She was given an offer she rejected. I fully support her against Alarr and in many ways Ken Corday too. He is the show owner and he let the abuse go on because he was friends with Alarr.

I think Martha Madison (Belle) was forced out and I hope she returns now. Alarr also cut Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) and a few others but those were supposedly storyline dictated. I agree with axing the character of Talia. I am hopeful that we might get back Matthew Ashford as Jack and a Jennifer now.

Last edited:
The trouble with Corday was.....he put everything in the fired guy's charge. He just had no interest in the storylines, the show, the cast, his interest was music. That may have change, but I remember how disappointed his parents were that he showed nothing for the show (Betty & Ted Corday, who ran it all successfully for years). After his parents both passed away, he put it all in the fired guy's hands. And his ideas did not go over with the viewers, and it seems a lot of the cast as well. Thus, the departures of actors who were not all that willing to sign up again.

And finally, a cast member spoke up about the behind the scenes stuff, which had some ex-cast members agreeing it was all true. Abuse, both verbal and sexual........Don't know if NBC finally put their foot down, & Corday had no choice......or if perhaps he was advised to do something before courts got involved. LOL, whatever it was, good friends or not, the guy responsible was finally fired.

Nicole is so central to big stories right now, I’m confused how they can wrap them up in the next couple of months given that we’re in a holding pattern with the strike episodes. She can’t leave town without her baby.

What a mess!

SPECULATION on my part. This is not based on anything other than being let go by companies because they knew better and then were wrong. They will recast the character of Nicole and the show will go on with Nicole, just not "our" Nicole.

Being SNARKY: Emily O'Brien (Gwen/Theresa) will also take over the part of Nicole.

SOMETIMES, not always, a character just cannot be played by other than the initial actor......and be believed. Nicole is one such character. Like Tom & Alice here on Days, like Josh & Reva on Guiding Light, like Victor, Stefano, Andre, yep & Kristen as well........the actors made those characters their own, as did Anna.

Sure, tis difficult to recast certain characters, so very glad when the suits don't try. Just write the character out, bring on new character. Certainly hope the suits think again if they are contemplating writing Nicole out of Salem. So far I only have read rumors and speculation to that effect. Sure hope the suits are smarter than that.

I suppose it depends what happens with the lawsuit as to whether or not we see Ari Zucker (Nicole) back on screen. I haven't seen any sort of update anywhere since her press conference at the beginning of February. If Corday & company were smart, they would come clean, make a public statement that mistakes were made under Alarr, pledge to do better, and rehire her along with the others who were mentioned (assuming they want to come back). They'd earn a lot of credibility for owning up to it and restore reputations. But from what folks on here discuss regularly, it seems Corday doesn't care that much about the show, so I guess I'm just being hopeful.

but those were supposedly storyline dictated.
This is the soap opera equivalent of male cow waste. There is ALWAYS a way to keep a character around. Sometimes an actor wants to leave, sometimes the show wants them to leave. Given the context, I think Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) was fired for speaking out. My supposition.

I think normally they wouldn't recast Nicole but they might do it to spite her. I think it's always tough to do but if you recast I think the best way is to just do it right in the middle of everything and move on. It's much easier to accept when there's already a story going. Much more awkward when the character to goes off and comes back. What they do now just leads to bad writing to excuse absences.

I also agree Jason. The former producer cut actors left and right because he had personal issues with them. He tried to get rid of Linsey Godfrey (Sarah) twice in my opinion but the fan base was strong enough to get her back.

Back