Susan

The thing is, actors don't always know what the other person is going to do when reciting their lines. (They have to know, so they can know when they are to respond) and since they have no rehearsals, there ARE surprises, on occasion. Sometimes an actor may flub a line, cover, the other person may ad lib to get them back on track, etc.
Susan is a fun character, and yes, we probably would tire of her if she was shoved up front and center like Kristen was last year, or EJ/Sami, who can take up a lot of air time without anything meaningful really being said or done ....this happens with other characters, too, but not as much. In my opinion.

As long as Susan's visit is a short one, I will enjoy the humor. That said, I can only take so much of Susan's antics, and then it will get old! I tend to enjoy Victor's type of humor more.

Viewers are glad to see a character who is not bringing doom, gloom, and misery to the screen, like all the other characters

I definitely agree that we have too many gloom and doom on Days, especially when it comes to the characters. I mean, there is martyr Jennifer who keeps throwing temper tantrums, making faces like she's got an urgent need for the bathroom, or crying without shedding tears. Then there is the sanctimonious jerk Eric, whose face is now stuck in the same expression as he frowned one time too many. Jordan, who's supposed to have a tortured past but since we the viewers still don't know what it is exactly, the torture is on us, etc. But I don't think that the writers need to go to the overly ridiculous character to give us some comic relief. Susan is way too over the top for my taste. The only thing funny to me was indeed the fact that the actor playing EJ seemed ready to start laughing and lose it. Other than that, really, not interested in the character of Susan.

I love seeing Susan. I prefer Susan over Kristen any day of the week.
Loved her snarky comments to, and about, Samantha.
I find it very interesting about her premonition of Elvis being in danger and the sage stick smudging was hysterical.

It's fun and it's only for a very short time, I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited to add - The pork rinds and tabloid magazine were a nice touch!

I loved seeing Susan back. Days has been a bit boring the last couple of weeks. So I was looking forward to seeing her, and the last 2 days I've hardly used the fast forward button. Eileen Davidson (Kristen/Susan) does such a good job and I had to laugh at James Scott (EJ) trying to keep a straight face in those scenes.

edited to add character names...please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters....JS

So........... is Susan now gone? Was she only on for those two episodes? She flies all the way from England to stay for one day even though she knows her Elvis needs help? Will she be having more scenes with any of the other characters?

I hope she hasn't quite left yet. If she is gone, that's too bad because there was so much more they could've done with her and given the history she has with the DiMera's and others, I think it was an opportunity missed.

Just thinking how Susan went over the times she has beaten KRIS-Taaaaaaan in her deceptions and manipulations, she could have played a big role in getting rid of Kristan again.

:cry: Her exit was too abrupt! I guess I was living in a fantasy land (actually, Elvis Presley has a DVD called The Fantasy Concert.. so I'm pretty sure that's what I've been living in) because I just assumed she would be here until the end of the week. Of course the one time this show doesn't drag a day into 23590 weeks is the day Susan arrives.

By the time Susan left the canvas the first time around, I was happy to see her go. Enough was enough. Yes, the Susan reveal at the wedding with the teeth flying off into Vivian's drink was probably the funniest thing I've seen in all the years I've watched this show, but by that time so much nonsense had gone on that it was time for her to go.

However, Susan, in small doses, is definitely a welcome break from the drama. She is so over the top that you can't help but crack up. I love when she gets going with the "Yer just mean, mean, mean!" LOL. One of my favorite scenes so far was the one with Susan and Marlena at the Dimeras. While most of the Salemites roll their eyes, berate her, and try to get rid of her; Marlena seems to take great delight in Susan's oddball personality, and seemed genuinely happy to see her. There was something very funny and sweet about it.

I'm thinking we haven't seen the last of her...or at least heard the last of her.

Sad that Susan brought out a teeny tiny,little, bitty oh so little speck of humanity out of EJ...when he seemed to show love for his mother. Had she been brought back sooner (if done right) EJ might have shown a redeeming atom. But they didn't ,so he didn't, he's still scum. :wink:

I loved having Susan on the show. The two days she was on made the show much more fun and interesting than it has been in weeks. Sadly, after today's show it looks like we are back to a very boring hour every day.

The way the writers utilized Eileen Davidson as Susan just shows that given the right material, the talented actors on the show can liven it up and bring us an entertaining hour.

Susan and the teeth flying last time around was funny. But her character is so ridiculous from the tip of her head to the sound of her voice that it is just a stupid stupid stupid waste of air time. When I think of fabulous eccentric comedian characters my favorite is Caliope. Funny, entertaining and NOT stupid stupid stupid.

When you think of the fact that they are acting like a low-budget show? They bring in an actress who has much to offer...she plays Kristen so well that she won TV's biggest acting award of all last year...and then, while they are having "fun" (?) playing Susan, TIIC spend lots of money (and two days worth of TV time on Susan... I would think they could do a lot more with that money, however, with so many people enjoying Susan's antics, I guess that's okay. It leaves me scratching my head!! I can't imagine anyone giving Susan the time of day if she was brought into a normal conversation. I must be getting old, I sound so "crochety"!!

2452-1b619bcc12f9e7343e864f1e7ef65e34.jpg

Back