Susan

While I was really ready for Susan to leave the last time she was in Salem (and all of her siblings) so far Kristen's powerful return with whatever plans they hoped to dazzle me with and keep me on the edge of my seat, well that hasn't happened. I was really pleased to see Susan this time around and am glad that she caught the next plane to England. I'm truly shocked at how amazing Salem airport is, pretty much international flights when you want them, but I digress.

For me, they are just stringing us along until they have something new coming down the storyline bingo machine. Maybe the Jordan/Clyde/Ben story will POP this next sweeps time or some other story they have worked out so I'll start to really want to watch again. I've gone through dry spells with this show in the past like I'm going through now and it's reeled me back in. I enjoyed Susan, but I'm waiting for the NEXT BIG THING and I hope it's soon.

I'm still hoping they will bring back Vivian--with Ivan or not. THAT is how to write a funny character that is also devious and and relevant. The sarcophagus storyline of the 2010-2011 school year (when I first started watching the soap and was addicted to it as Brady is to coke) might have been outrageous, but it was SO funny and delightful to watch!:rotfl::rotfl:

I didn't see Susan's original run on the show (as I was only 2 or 3 yrs old when she debuted) so I don't know what it's like to have her in big doses, but I can definitely see how she would be annoying to some. Still love her though! The show is pretty dull as of late, and she at least livened it up a bit. A lot of people thought she was a new character though. :rotfl:I'm glad they left her story pretty open ended, so there's a chance for future appearances.

It would be AMAZING if they brought back Vivian. Ivan and Vivian complete each other, but I'd be happy just to have her.

I enjoyed Susan's visit. I'm glad we saw EJ interact with his mother.
I wasn't watching when she on before

I wish she could have stayed longer. I'm glad she talked to John, but
it would have been nice to see her with her children.

I hope they will let John see the picture she left behind

I'm still hoping they will bring back Vivian--with Ivan or not. THAT is how to write a funny character that is also devious and and relevant. The sarcophagus storyline of the 2010-2011 school year (when I first started watching the soap and was addicted to it as Brady is to coke) might have been outrageous, but it was SO funny and delightful to watch!:rotfl::rotfl:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Louise Sorel (Vivian) will not be returning, since her last appearance from 2009-2011 was cut short without any compelling storyline for her character. She had moved her life from New York to California just for the show, and they then let her go.

So some get a kick out of Susan, and some don't. Some think EJ is all that, and some cannot abide him. Some like Ben, Chad, Daniel, some don't. Some really dislike certain pairings, others love them. No different than real life where we can't stand some neighbor, relative, government official, and others think the persons wonderful.

I think, in the past, the amazing thing about Susan, was Eileen Davidson's transformations into the other characters......Susan, Sister Mary Moira, brother Tommy. And she played Susan, not only as Susan, but Susan playing Kristen as well. It was a tour de' force for Eileen.

As to Vivian...I agree that I doubt very much Louise Sorel would agree to return to Days after the way they treated her, the last return. And Calliope...Well, they did bring Arlene Sorkin back once for a short visit, (I think in 2010) but very obviously could not write the character any more.

I enjoyed Susan's visit, and really thought it way past time that EJ have a scene or two with his mother, or at least acknowledge her existence.

I think they just brought her back as a nod to the past. As Cordey said in that interview and I disagree, that the writing of old does not work today. So crazy characters and returns from the dead like Jack will be no longer. :cry: Silly that he thinks the viewers want reality on a soap.:confused:

Back