Take a look in the mirror Daniel.

Daniel is a hypocritical, mentally & emotionally abusive jerk who doesn't deserve the love of anyone - not Nicole, Jennifer, Chloe...he needs to just leave Salem and stay gone. Sorry, not sorry, but I have seen about enough propping of this character for one lifetime...people falling at his cloven hooves feet over what a great surgeon he is (who sleeps with his female patients) and what a great friend he is (while lecturing grown adults about how they're scum - he needs to find that mirror mentioned in the thread title) and what a great...UGGGHHHH!!!! He is SO MUCH like Ryan Lavery was on All My Children - just a rotten scum character who the show wants us to love and adore so they shove him on screen and in every storyline like a parent putting a gnarly pile of _______ (whatever food you DETEST) on your plate & making you eat it in hopes that some day, you'll like it. Guess what, Days?! It ain't happenin'!! Get this guy GONE!!!

Eric is a judgmental, whiny, crybaby who doesn't want anything to do with Nicole other than treat her like a baby treats a diaper...why SHOULD she want him anymore???

As much as I wanted Eric & Nicole together, I'm off that idea and on to her being with Rafe (who desperately needs a storyline & a bad-girl) or Brady - who I LOATHE with Melanie or Theresa. And if she DOES end up with Rafe, ship Brady & whichever of those chicks HE ends up with off as well!!!!

OK. I feel better.

All in with you on the sentiments, No_1, Daniel suffers from what I call Frank Ryan Syndrome. It's not only that Daniel thinks he walks on water, but that everyone else (both in town and behind the scenes) thinks he does as well, and anyone who dares cross him is a pariah in town. (Similar to Frank from Ryan's Hope.)

Today really sealed it for me.

Yes, indeed, Salemites do think Super Jonas walks on water. And now after the successful Sonny surgery, the adoration of Dr. McScruffy will reach even greater heights. Even before this, there was scarcely a person in town who didn't fawn over the unshaven physician. Leading the pack was his family, whose adoration went beyond all reasonable limits (recall Melanie and egg-mommy shedding copious tears when he left town for a surfing break), while even the otherwise sane and sensible believed that he could do no wrong (this means you, Maxine). Even Jen Jen who appeared to have broken with Dr. McScuffy is back reveling in her blessed status as his "friend." Overall, worship of the Love Doctor is now so ingrained, intense, and pervasive that Bishop Wright might as well close down St. Luke's (sorry, Father Louis). Daniel worship is now the official religion in Salem.

I think Daniel may be searching for that mirror. When Nicole told him that she loves him today he sure looked like he believed her and may have jumped to the wrong conclusion. He was questioning himself.

Back