Televison finales you loved or hated

Friends I liked - except I feel Ross and Rachel should have been brought together sooner and with the Joey Rachel thing I felt there was not a lot of buildup to Ross and Rachel reunite finally. Otherwise it was great.

Everybody Loves Raymond - pretty good too. I liked it.

Boy Meets World - was okay but they should have put Angela/Shawn back together.

Golden Girls - was nice and again they left on a high note.

Growing Pains - I liked and was glad Tracy Gold (Carol) was able to come back for the finale.

7th Heaven- Didn't care so much for it at all and thought the show had run its course by season 6.

Passions - HORRIBLE! It made a mockery of the entire show. Various couples I loved did not end up together. The only ones they got right was Ethan/Theresa and Julian/Eve. Also, so many of the characters were re-casted so much that it was hard to care or get invested.

Roseanne - HORRIBLE! Hated it!

Tis funny, but I was thinking of the last episodes of a couple of soaps. I never ever watched Searching for Tomorrow, but have no idea how I watched the final episode, where I met Matt Ashford (who plays Jack on Days). But the final scene had this man (Stu??) coming out on the porch where this lady (older, & long time character, I guess) looking up at the sky. He said what are you doing? She said I don't know, searching. And he said "searching for what", and she said...I guess, Searching for tomorrow.
I thought it such a fitting and beautiful ending, even though I never watched that show.
But Guiding Light did a good job of ending, bringing back characters who were no longer on the show, even pairing a few up in some way. And Texas, only on the air a short time, did a wonderful job of ending the show. (Only began watching that -my lst soap- because of Dallas)
I give Jason here a lot of credit, as I don't remember the endings of a lot of shows mentioned here, even though I watched them, lol. I was trying to remember the ending of the Waltons...but since they did a few "some years later" episodes, just can't recall.

Also liked As The World Turns finale as well as the Reba finale, but, my one gripe with the Reba finale is that Reba should have ended up with someone too. It's great that Brock and Barbara Jean reconciled and Van and Cheyenne also, but I feel Reba got short changed. I LOVE though that throughout the series they display her true strength and big heart.:love:

Poirot: Both Melissa Gilbert and Alison Arngrim mention in their books that Michael Landon purposely blew up the town in the Little House finale as retaliation to the network :)

I didn't really watch Newhart but I do remember that finale. I had grown up on Nick at Nite so I remember both shows.

I also liked the finale to Walker Texas Ranger, my all time favorite cop show. It left the door open for a reunion movie which they did attempt a few years later but it was up against the NFL or something like that so ended up with bad ratings. That movie also ended with a cliffhanger that was never resolved.

I enjoyed the St Elsewhere and Newhart final episodes.

I can't think of one now I hated.

Some series we watched never had one....they just were there one year, and not there the next. I probably am repeating myself, but I honestly really hated the one that ended M*A*S*H*.

Midler made Carson cry, with that song.
When Leno subbed for Carson, I liked him, he was good. But when he took over the show.....nope. Not even close to the man he had been. Also think Jimmy K is awesome.

Have to say there are a few shows that sort of tired me out, and I no longer watched, so missed their "conclusions". Frasier was one. Rhoda was another.

I too loved Newhart's ending, I also grew up watching TV Land reruns so I was aware of the Bob Newhart Show, so I laughed as hard as my mom when he woke up and it was all a dream. (As I recall, the whole family was watching that episode, which was rare for our family!!)

Meanwhile my husband told me once it was "the stupidest ending to a tv show ever." I was really taken aback! But then he took it back when he found out that Bob Newhart had had a show before!! LOL

I just watched the Glee finale. It wasn't particularly bad or good, but it did make me tear up! Considering one of the main actors died a couple of years ago, they had to create a different ending than originally planned, but it was an interesting ending, and they paid tribute to their missing cast member - it was touching. I'm pretty sure some of the emotions on the character's faces might have been real, too. I suppose it was a little cheesy and predictable, but the entire series was pretty cheesy and somewhat predictable!

I didn't realize Glee had ended

I also really liked the Private Practice finale. I was sad to see the show go so soon but at the same time I understand when a show is past its prime. I'm looking at you Grey's Anatomy.

The reboot of "V" ended poorly after its two year run. I loved V as a kid and when it came back I was very excited. They brought back resident bad girl lizard Jane Badler and in the season two finale Marc Singer was brought on board, who was also in the original tv series. The series ended with a cliffhanger, actually quite a few I think. It did not get renewed for a third season. I still hope for a TV movie tying up loose ends but not likely it'll ever be made.

Seems like Army Wives ended with somewhat of a cliffhanger (or a ditch-hanger... nothing really crazy, but did leave you wondering how it would resolve), and didn't get renewed. Also, Jericho was unfinished - twice! - and didn't get renewed. Those unfinished endings are always annoying!

Did not like the end of True Blood. Sookie didn't wind up with Bill, Eric or Alcide. She was just pregnant & married to some regular guy we didn't even know. Yes, it was nice Sookie got to finally be with someone normal, but maybe it could have been someone we got to know.

Back