Thank you, Yahoo article (regarding Abby/Stefan)

Moira

Reaction score
Never thought those words would be said. Today there is a huge article on Days having a story of sex with someone knowing they are an alternate personality. People are saying it is rape, that she cannot consent. The people writing in are asking the writers to stop this and don't throw the female under the bus. They state Abby has not consented, and you see her trapped calling out to her husband.

End this story now!! I am sick of it and how sexual it is. That said it really isn't even sexual, maybe in the warped mind of some writer it is. Rape victims do not fall for their rapist (ala Luke and Laura on General Hospital, Sami and EJ, etc.)

This isn't stretching an actor. It is sick and disgusting. It isn't romance. Wake up, you morons!!!

The show has done this before with Princess Gina, right? I'm fuzzy on the details, but didn't Stefano DiMera sleep with Gina knowing that she was an alternate personality in Hope's body?

I agree though, this pairing is just gross.

Yes, and she also had sex with John Black. There was even a contest for the viewers to determine if Stefano or John was the father of her baby (Zack). The viewers voted for John, although later it was rewritten to say Hope and Bo had sex while he was under mind control as a street mime.

Good point, Poirot!

I agree there's a chance here of the Abby storyline romanticizing a terrible scenario that could actually happen.

My hope is that they address the lack of consent in the actual show. Days of Our Lives has never been afraid to tackle a difficult topic, and I don't mind them telling the story as long as they send the right message when it's said and done.

Considering they had a female from a core family leave her wonderful husband to fall in love with her rapist, I don't agree that the show isn't afraid to tackle a difficult topic.

Do we really know if Abby and Stefan actually DID the deed, or is this speculation? All was released was a glimpse of Abby and Stefan in bed under the cover and Chad walking in. We still do not know if they actually went THAT far. Tomorrow maybe.

Reactions: jgk
Considering they had a female from a core family leave her wonderful husband to fall in love with her rapist, I don't agree that the show isn't afraid to tackle a difficult topic.
Touche', Heather! Perhaps "never" was too broad there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we really know if Abby and Stefan actually DID the deed, or is this speculation? All was released was a glimpse of Abby and Stefan in bed under the cover and Chad walking in. We still do not know if they actually went THAT far. Tomorrow maybe.
It is equally icky in my mind. This type of rape is just as unacceptable as any other!!!

The blurb Moira posted says it all, how can our new writers miss this as BAD?:huh:
Wake up, you morons!!!
:whack::tsk::sick::rolleyes::angry:

My stomach is turning watching yet another rape turned romance on days. I'm losing faith in humanity knowing that no matter how many times they change the writers, this terrible story is re-written over and over again. Luke and Laura (General Hospital), Sami and EJ, and now "Gabby" and Stefan. My heart is broken.

Wouldn't it be nice to see real romance? Two people fall in love, plan a beautiful wedding, try for a baby, maybe struggle to get pregnant, and a miracle baby comes along, and we see the moment mom and dad hold the little one for the first time, adjusting to life at home with a newborn? When did society think that to be boring? When did society start thinking that rape was far more interesting? So incredibly sad.

Back