Thank you, Yahoo article (regarding Abby/Stefan)

I very much dislike the sexual angle it took and I hope they address that this is rape and Stefan is brought to justice. I don't want them to gloss over it like this isn't a big deal.

Gabby is for sure not a smart part of Abby, or way too emotional for her own good. The amount of time she's walked around the house, the park and now the hospital while people are actively looking for her all with the wig on and the snarky way she responds to people while she's trying to pretend to be Abby. :rolleyes: And it's not an acting issue, she's doing great with what she's given. I think it could have been written better to have "Gabby" more sly.

Honestly I can't wait for this storyline to wrap itself up. It's almost as frustrating as everyone being so concerned to find who murdered Deimos when he drugged all the people in the first place. Sorry dude but when you drug a room full of people with a drug that makes people have no clue what they're doing and they murder you. Tough toughies for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they're romanticizing the relationship between Stefan and "Gabby." It's pretty clear that the whole thing is creepy and weird. I think that's why they keep inserting scenes of the real Abby objecting to what's happening, so that we can be reminded that this ISN'T a romance just because Gabby seems infatuated. But I agree that they need to address the consent issue once Abby is back.

Both Stefan AND Gabby are "infatuated". Stefan is worse, because he KNOWS Gabby is an alter. He knows Abigail cannot stand him, rejects him, thus pleaded with Gabby to come back, come out, don't leave him. Yes, the entire situation is creepy, and while we know Abigail needs professional help, Stefan definitely does. I do want Mr. Shin to hear about this, after the board booted out Kate and made Stefan CEO. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was just about to comment on Stefan being in need of help too, Poirot. That to me has been the worst part of this story all along. He knows Gabby isn't a real person and yet he is doing everything he can to keep Abigail from getting help. He is, for all intents and purposes, keeping her locked up and using her for his needs. Very yucky storyline.

I very much dislike the sexual angle it took and I hope they address that this is rape and Stefan is brought to justice. I don't want them to gloss over it like this isn't a big deal.

Gabby is for sure not a smart part of Abby, or way too emotional for her own good. The amount of time she's walked around the house, the park and now the hospital while people are actively looking for her all with the wig on and the snarky way she responds to people while she's trying to pretend to be Abby. :rolleyes: And it's not an acting issue, she's doing great with what she's given. I think it could have been written better to have "Gabby" more sly.

Honestly I can't wait for this storyline to wrap itself up. It's almost as frustrating as everyone being so concerned to find who murdered Deimos when he drugged all the people in the first place. Sorry dude but when you drug a room full of people with a drug that makes people have no clue what they're doing and they murder you. Tough toughies for you!

I too think the part of "Gabby" being more sly. It would have been more fun to watch her and figure out if she was Abby or "Gabby"

I do hope they have Abby and her family raise the question of consent once she's back in control of herself. I think that will go a long way to keeping the storyline in a context that isn't disgusting even if the behavior of the character is disgusting. I think there's a difference between depicting terrible things and minimizing or endorsing them.

I think they've brought up the horror of what Stefan is doing through Marlena and her response to hearing that Stefan was even pursuing a relationship with "Gabby." Maybe Marlena can be a conduit for the writers to talk about the nature of consent and Abby's mental illness.

Good thoughts, TinaY, but considering how writers have handled such things in the past, I don't see that as happening. Of course, I could be pleasantly surprised. Steve's blindness, and the way he is coping, is also badly written. I keep remembering how blasé they were about Kate's cancer and Theo's autism, although they did do more justice to autism than cancer.

I am trusting Ron C. knows what he is doing with this storyline and just how sensitive this issue is, especially after the entire metoo campaign came to light. In fact I am wondering if the writers have in store a serious storyline involving Abby getting help and bringing Stefan to justice.

I'm ok with the multiple personality story but I hope this teaches TPTB that there needs to be more than one "A" story going on at once. Right now we have Abby's story which includes a lot more characters now thankfully and then we have other stories that just pop up randomly throughout the week with little to no movement.

LOL, Maybe the suits consider the Bella contest "far reaching" & is an "A" story???? They had John poisoning Steve, but while it should have continually gained momentum, it was reduced, pushed to the side, along with all the repercussions.

Back