The big break up Marlena and John

SarahBeth

Reaction score
The problem with the break up is that it really should have been Marlena dumping John. The show made such a huge deal about Marlena demanding that John stop choosing to leave and going off on missions with no idea how long he'll be gone or if he was even alive. They agreed that they would only survive as a couple if he were there with her and he went back to PI work.

Then boom, off he went again, only to show up unannounced for a boink and then leave. And he did it a few times. John seems to have forgotten that refusing to believe that Marlena would break it off again.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure his brief pop-up, then disappearance again, was due to Drake Hogestyn (John) easing back into the job after his severe head injury. They could've written it that John was around, but always "in the other room" or he ran down to the Pub to pick up some take-out, or working on a case at the office with Paul or Steve. But instead, they had him fly off again to parts unknown.

Agree definitely. When Drake Hogestyn (John) was able to come back....and slowly...was not handled too well. Heck, When Peggy McCay (Caroline) was not able to be around much, Caroline was in the kitchen, upstairs with a nap, case of the flu, and finally, was off visiting Kim. They did the same with Bo....and with Mickey when each were not available for some time.

What would it have taken for Steve to say he just left John at the office, finishing up some paperwork, or for Paul to say he has to run, meet dad at the gym.

However, John is already puzzled, as he cannot imagine Marlena acting like this. Hey Hope, got a minute?

Hope knows Hattie, and helped her get released from prison.......The jig would be up for Hattie, surprised she hasn't mentioned Hope at all......

Those women are so utterly stupid, Holly would probably know the difference. They could be a little less over the top. And in case you don't know---I mean Hattie and Bonnie. I couldn't stand Bonnie the first time she hit Salem.

While I don't much care for the storylines.....I do appreciate the fact that both actresses get a chance to kick up their heels a bit. Both Marlena & Adrienne have had their share of gloom, misery & despair, long faces, tears, etc. So I am glad they both (the actresses) get a chance to be silly, laugh, and have some fun.

Just an aside, but Days just has relied too heavily on look alikes the past few years. Rafe2.0, Nicole for Helena, Hattie & Bonnie, Round 2, Stefano, Andre/tony, Even that dumb Colleen/Santo story, which I hated. LOL

Why not just have twins? LOL

Well, am sure there are probably a couple more here and there down the road.....sigghhhhh.

I get that they went slow bringing Drake Hogestyn (John) back and it plays perfectly into the story that Marlena would finally be done with him. But I think she would have dumped him over the last mission and not over him leaving for a few days to help Paul on Sonny's case.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure his brief pop-up, then disappearance again, was due to Drake Hogestyn (John) easing back into the job after his severe head injury.
I didn't know Drake Hogestyn (John) had a head injury. Hope he is ok now. What happened?

Something went wrong when they taped the scene of John and Patch rescuing Marlena and Kayla from the coffins that had been set on fire. The door wasn't rigged properly and it didn't breakaway/open when the actor ran into it, head first. As a result, he had a serious head injury and was off work for months.

It does seem odd that the last ISA mission (he returned from it briefly, and went back to finish up, was something Marlena accepted....but I suppose, no matter what the reason was, leaving within 3 minutes on another "cause" could be construed as the final straw. Marlena could say that despite all of his talk of love, family, etc. he ran off first chance, not even waiting til next a.m. etc.

But Marlena is ordinarily not that kind of person, so John is puzzled, & trying to make sense of it all. I hope Eric tells him how odd "Mom" was acting, and maybe John will remember the "help" he actually heard on the phone. Too bad she babbled incessantly about stuff that was not important.

What WAS important were the words, Help, Hattie, Bayview.

Back