The children of Salem

SarahBeth

Reaction score
So we just saw what, 2 years of JJ and his daddy abandonment issues.? Two years of Theresa's daddy abandonment issues. Now we have to endure Joey with an attitude over Steve being off in the ISA. And if Bo does ever return, I think Ciara will put them all to shame. There's no way she won't be in a world of hellion rebellion.

I really would like to see a child of Salem whose story isn't daddy abandonment. Who is there other than Theo? Unless they drop the Autism story it's gonna be hard to put him in the new teen scene.

Inasmuch as Dena Higley has a family member with autism (which is why she wanted to the story) I very much doubt Theo's autism will be forgotten. In fact, the casting call mentioned the character having autism.
JJ did not have daddy abandonment issues. His father DIED, his mother had gone off to Salem, as did his father, then his sister, then his dad died saving his sister, and it resulted in leaving him alone in Europe, which was stupid on the part of the writers.
It is a shame that all the young people in Salem come along with a chip on their shoulder towards a parent.
And in the past, Anna abandoned Carrie, Sami absolutely hated her mother, blamed her for anything and everything, while using Will to play custody games with Lucas.
Guess that is Soapdom. If all were happy and well adjusted it would be boring. LOL

Jack did fake his death and abandon his family as well as "dying" Salem style a couple times. But the last time Jack was gone and came back he chose to leave on assignment and had his work partner sending emails about how he was finding himself. Jack ended up getting held hostage. Then when he came back both he and Jenn left JJ in boarding school. So both Jenn and Jack dumped JJ off on others. Jack was in and out of JJ's life so many times that JJ didn't really even know him.

Back