The Daytime Emmy's (Live Posting Thread)

Hmmm, do you ever wonder if some of the celebrities actually look in the mirror before they decide to leave the house? Thanks for the link, Kat, and now I know why, tho I did not care for her much, I really miss Joan Rivers' show where they diss (and praise) the clothes at events like this. Also, all designers are not that good. LOL

I've been meaning to comment in this thread again since the show on Sunday night. I DVR'd the show and watched it back the other day (FF'ing the parts I didn't care about) so I could rewatch some of the Drama awards and acceptance speeches again. I missed some of that the other night because I was live-posting. Can I just say that Maura West (Ava, GH) who won for Lead Actress had to be completely WASTED when she got on stage? Holy cow! I'm sorry, but that is totally unprofessional. Apparently she didn't think she was going to win because she obviously got hammered before/during the ceremony and didn't expect to have to get up on stage and give a thank-you speech. She even mispronounced head writer Ron Carlivati's name as Carvilati...the look on his face was priceless when she said that. I'm pretty sure that Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH) was drunk too given how she was hugging and kissing all over Anthony Geary (Luke, GH) and West. Sheesh. Have some respect, people!

Alison Sweeney (ex-Sami, Days) looked kinda upset at the loss. I really wish she would have won although I agree with other people who have said that she should have submitted EJ's death episode instead of the fake out episode. There was just too much material in that episode.

Based on the episodes that Days submitted for Best Drama I can see why they tied for the win. But can I just say that a tie when there's only four remaining soaps seems silly to me?

Happy for Freddie Smith (Sonny, Days) as well and thought his acceptance speech was fantastic. I really think Camila Banus (ex-Gabi, Days) was robbed of an award. I'm not sure what Hunter King (Summer, Y&R) submitted but I'm certain I would have selected Banus over her any day of the week.

Overall, I thought the show was pretty good. Tyra Banks was a bit ridiculous at times and her outfits were atrocious but the flow of the show worked fairly well. I did think though that the Betty White thing was too long and the thing with the montage of couples while The Voice winner was singing was poorly done. The camera kept going back to her while there was video of couples shown on the screens that you couldn't see. It was much better during the In Memoriam segment. When the camera was on Babyface there was nothing on the screens.

I loved the Days 50th special they did! Very well done and loved seeing everyone on stage after that.

I just saw the show. I skipped a lot of stuff.

I enjoyed seeing Betty White get her award. Fun introduction
with Password game.

I enjoyed the three guys from Days being called to the stage
for their game/Emmy presentation.

Is POP owned by CBS? A lot of commercials for their daytime shows.

I think there was some romantic scenes missed since they kept
cutting to the singer. Bad directing. No award for that person

Are there only four soaps left now? All of them got nominated :)

I enjoyed Freddie Smith's (Sonny) acceptance speech.

Back