The Daytime Emmy's (Live Posting Thread)

Wish I could be more excited about Days winning, but I just can't. :( I'll be more excited when the new writing team takes over and Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell are far, FAR away from this show. Knowing these wins have come with these two no-talents at the helm. ARGH.

On the other hand... Freddie Smith (Sonny)! Congratulations!

Found this on twitter, for those who didn't catch the montage during the show. It works for me, and doesn't require payment:

https://www.whipclip.com/video/5ii68

Thank you for this! I tried to view it on my iPad earlier and couldn't. GREAT montage except for 1 scene I could have done without.

Congrats to Freddie Smith (Sonny)! Well deserved. Camila Banus (Gabi) was robbed. Meh to Ali Sweeney (Sami)--aside from that dream episode, I don't think Sami's year was that great.

Where was Greg Vaughan (Eric)? Not even a shout out to anyone else on the show on twitter.

CONGRATULATIONS TO FIRST-TIME DAYTIME EMMY WINNER FREDDIE SMITH!
Freddie Smith (Sonny) won in the Younger Actor category at tonight's Daytime Emmy Awards. Smith is the fourth "Days" actor to win in this category, joining Billy Warlock (Frankie, 1988), Darin Brooks (Max, 2009) and three-time winner Chandler Massey (Will, 2012, 2013, 2014).

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CAST & CREW OF "DAYS OF OUR LIVES", WHICH TIED FOR OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES!
"Days of Our Lives" won in the Outstanding Drama Series category for just the third time in its history. The show also won in 1978 and 2013. Executive Producer Ken Corday gave the acceptance speech.

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" BECOMES THE SECOND LONGEST-RUNNING SCRIPTED SERIES TO WIN AN EMMY FOR BEST SERIES:
With tonight's win for Outstanding Drama Series, "Days of Our Lives" became the second longest-running scripted series to ever win the award (daytime or primetime), in the calendar year when it turns 50 years old. "Guiding Light" holds the record for longest-running series to be named best series, last winning in 2007, the year it turned 55 years old on TV (it previously aired 15 years on radio). "As the World Turns" last won the award in 2003, the year it turned 47 on TV, and "General Hospital" last won in 2012, the year it turned 49 on TV.

Except for Freddie Smith (Sonny), all was lost. No Alison Sweeney (Sami), etc. Disappointed. I am glad the writers didn't win. ShaSha

edited to add characters' names - please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

I thought the show itself was great. Yes, a few parts were eye rolling, but overall, 10000 times better than last year's disaster of a show.
I was very happy with the tribute to Days, the clip montage, and that Freddie Smith won, and then Days got Best show. Yes, a tie, but they pulled it off.

The Today show just talked about the "thanking Matt Lauer" thing. They said 16 people thanked him so that is $16,000 for charity. I guess he's only paying the $1,000 per person who thanked him and not each time someone shouted "thank you, Matt Lauer".

Oh, and Barb, they just showed the clip with Ellen mentioning the $1,000 per "thank you" with her and Matt Lauer and yes, it was computer generated. (in answer to your question last night)

I wasn't able to watch but followed along on twitter. I only have a few thoughts lol.

First, I loved the 50th anniversary montage. The music, the clips used, Marlena reciting "May the love that you share be the bond that gives you strength and comfort and joy for all the days of your lives" as it closed with a clip of Tom and Alice and their ornaments on the Horton tree, were BRILLIANT. Best part of the unseen (by me) broadcast as far as I'm concerned.

Really upset that Camila Banus (Gabi) didn't win for younger actress. I watched all of the reels in that category and she had the best performance of the four. I wonder how much behind the scenes politics really play into voting and who wins.

Alison Sweeney (Sami) losing wasn't that much of a shocker when you look at what she submitted -the fantasy affair reveal. I haven't been a fan of Sami Brady in years, but her scenes after EJ's death had me in tears daily, especially when she climbed up on that table with him in the morgue. I think this was just a case of her submitting the wrong material.

Congratulations to Freddie Smith (Sonny) on his win. It's really bittersweet, as a fan, when you think about it.

DAYS sharing a tie for Outstanding Drama Series; all I have to say is :rotfl:. The reels they submitted for this category where Will and Sonny's wedding and EJ's death. So based on that alone, I could see how they'd squeak out a win.

Yes......it is on you tube......wait a sec......will get the link....

Back