The Emmys Award Show is Sunday 9/22/2013

meldrel

Reaction score
I do enjoy watching the Emmys. This year they are doing some special In Memoriam tributes (which always get to me anyway - keep a tissue handy)

This year's Emmy Awards will feature the traditional In Memoriam segment that has become an industry award show staple, and in addition, the telecast producers have selected five individuals who warrant special recognition. To honor them, close friends and co-workers have been invited to provide personal tributes which will be presented during the ceremony, held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles and telecast live on Sunday, September 22nd, (8:00 PM EDT / 5:00 PM PDT) on the CBS Television Network.

Those who will provide special tributes include Edie Falco, who will remember Sopranos co-star James Gandolfini; Michael J. Fox who will pay tribute to Family Ties producer Gary David Goldberg; Jane Lynch will remember her friend and Glee co-star Cory Monteith; Rob Reiner will pay tribute to his long time All in the Family cast member Jean Stapleton; and Robin Williams will remember his friend and mentor Jonathan Winters (Mork and Mindy).

http://www.emmys.com/news/awards-news/emmys-feature-special-memoriam-tributes

I’m wondering about the Outstanding Miniseries or Movie category. Last year when American Horror Story moved to that category they slam-dunked it.

So they are in the same category this year and up against: Behind The Candelabra, Phil Spector, Political Animals, The Bible, and Top of the Lake. I didn’t see Political Animals or Top of the Lake so I can’t speculate on those two.
But I know The Bible was hugely popular. I think American Horror Story may have stiffer competition this year.

Can't wait for the red carpet - I will be giving up watching some football this Sunday for The Emmys :D

I haven't watched the Emmy's in years.
the shows I watch aren't nominated so I don't bother.

thanks for the info on the special tributes. Maybe I can
watch those later on the internet.

On "The View" today, it was mentioned that two TV icons were going to be left out of the In Memoriam section due to the time being used for several tributes (James Gandolfini and Cory Monteith): Larry Hagman and Jack Klugman. I truly hope this is inaccurate information, as these two men deserve to be recognized. Don't shoot the messenger, this is just what was reported by Whoopie Golderg on today's "View." She was angry about this, too.

Well that's Hollywood!! They give a tribute to an actor who overdoses and glorify him but leave out two Icons like Hagman and Klugman....this is why I have so little respect for Hollywood anymore. Shameful they would do this is these two amazing actors.

It truly is a disgrace to not have tributes to Jack Klugman ("The Odd Couple" and "Quincy") and Larry Hagman ("Dallas" and "I Dream of Jeannie). Late in his career, Larry Hagman was also outstanding in a story arc on FX's "Nip/Tuck." The producers could easily cut out the typical bloated stuff and nonsense to make room for all the tributes. What a shame.:(

Back