The Gala

maruuac

Reaction score
So what does everyone think about the Gala thus far? I was taken aback at the hair styles. Not loving them.

Sorry, I just did not care for any of them. I wish that they would have just worn period costumes and left their hair alone. I'm ready for the flames here BUT, what was up with Caroline's outfit? Words cannot describe how hideous it was. Was this a Gone With the Wind drapery gone bad? Other than that, the Gala is elegant and charming. It was nice to see Eve out of her apartment and trying to have a good time and I loved Brady standing up for Theresa with Kate.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a 60s theme...think Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley....
that is why the hair. LOL. Agreed about whatever it was Caroline was wearing.....very much the
"Dowager" look

I guess for a classy party, the hair was a bit much, but for a Halloweenie-cum-Centennial gala, it was fine.

Meanwhile I'm glad the Gala was NOT just 4 people in a cramped room hearing offstage crowd noise, like the "Charity Ball" that Hope and Aiden first danced at.

Last edited:
I thought the majority of the women looked pretty terrible in their outfits and hairdos. Marlena looked gorgeous, I thought her hair was great and her outfit was not too bad. I think worst hairdo goes to Adrienne. It just looked totally like a wig. A cheap one at that. Worst outfit goes to Caroline. I don't know if I should use her dress for wrapping paper or put her in a vase LOL.

I was taken aback at the hair styles. Not loving them. Sorry, I just did not care for any of them. I wish that they would have just worn period costumes and left their hair alone.
From my perspective the styles weren't the issue, it was the execution. The stylists seems to have had no experience on how to pull off those styles. I lived through that era and have seen it done well on other shows and movies set in the 60s. You either need experience with using gels and hairspray or some good wigs.

Adrienne had a "flip", which was popular back then, too. Perhaps they could have used those bumpits to create some of those beehive hairdo's. Back in that day, a lot of teasing of hair went on, damaging to the hair, so perhaps those whose hair was not thick enough, or who just did not want that done to their hair, opted for the wigs.
It was great to see so many attending, and the SPACE given to the event. Yayyyyy.

I didn't think Nicole's hair was too bad. I joked with a friend about Caroline's make up, she had the cat eye winged eyeliner!

I did like that a lot of the cast was there and not just two or three. Also that it wasn't in the hotel room!

Nicole and Marlena looked classic 60's. Hope's wasn't too bad. But Kate and Adrienne looked awful. I have seen better wigs at what we in Baltimore call the Hon-Fest.

Reactions: jgk
Marlena, Jen and Nicole looked the best....the rest...not so much!! Ray was laughing the whole time at all the bad wigs!!! I mean I was a young teen back then and I never looked like that at all!!!

Back