The many personalities of Abby

dayzfan4life

Reaction score
Ok, so we saw yesterday that Abigail now has split personalities and is portraying Gabi as the "killer". Do any of you actually believe she is the killer? All spoilers aside, does it even make sense? And seriously, if you were Stefan, would you actually put your fingerprints all over the alleged murder weapon?

I think if I were Stefan I would have yelled at the top of my lungs for Chad, or anyone else in the house, who could actually see Abigail for themselves and validate that she has lost her mind (again). Or has she lost her mind? Is this just a set up because she thinks Chad is still in love with Gabi and she wants to put her away again? What are your thoughts?

If they are going to do split personalities with Abby, I want to see her as Sami. That would be fun.

So far, there are 3 personalities. #1 is Abby. #2 is Gabby. #3 is the one who knows about the other 2 and gets whichever personality to where it needs to be to change clothes and wig.

I think "Gabby" having the lid is a red herring. So far, my bet is that Stefan/Vivian did it or got one of their henchmen to do it. That may change as more is revealed.

I have to agree with the idea that this is all a ploy. Remember, Abby and Chad were talking about something that we didn't get to hear when Stefan first showed up. They knew quickly enough that Stefan had a thing for Abby, and I think they've plotted something to capitalize upon that. And anyone who has done research on the family would know that Abby was in a mental institution, plus the family history regarding Laura.

I'm not sure how the Andre thing fits into all of this, and I'm on the fence as to whether he's actually dead. I mean, this could be all part of an elaborate triple cross where Andre is alive somewhere hiding out.

Well, I didn't see this coming. I really didn't think they would revisit Abby's mental illness issues. This is the first time I've been surprised in a long, long time. Poor Chad.

Ok, so we saw yesterday that Abigail now has split personalities and is portraying Gabi as the "killer". Do any of you actually believe she is the killer? All spoilers aside, does it even make sense? And seriously, if you were Stefan, would you actually put your fingerprints all over the alleged murder weapon?
Is this just a set up because she thinks Chad is still in love with Gabi and she wants to put her away again? What are your thoughts?
NO, it makes no sense. I don't believe Abby thinks Chad is still in love with Gabi. Tthey have been happy, and honest with each other. I think we haven't yet got "the rest of the story".

I think "Gabby" having the lid is a red herring. So far, my bet is that Stefan/Vivian did it or got one of their henchmen to do it. That may change as more is revealed.
I TOTALLY agree! Multiple personalities is soooo overdone. I sure hope these writers are more creative than to keep using the same old stories time and time again!:rolleyes:

I don't think Abigail has multiple personalities. I think she is playing Stefan because Abby feels guilty about implicating Gabi.
Could be!

I really didn't think they would revisit Abby's mental illness issues.
I still won't be happy if this is leading to Abby having more mental illness episodes. I like the idea that she and Chad are working to get Stefan and Vivian, or whoever really killed Andre (IF he's even dead).

I have to agree with the idea that this is all a ploy. Remember, Abby and Chad were talking about something that we didn't get to hear when Stefan first showed up. They knew quickly enough that Stefan had a thing for Abby, and I think they've plotted something to capitalize upon that. And anyone who has done research on the family would know that Abby was in a mental institution, plus the family history regarding Laura.
Yes, what WhizGidget said! :clap:

Ok, so we saw yesterday that Abigail now has split personalities and is portraying Gabi as the "killer".
I don't think it's been established on-screen that she has multiple personalities. For all we know, she's pretending to be crackers for some reason.

Edited to add: I posted this after reading only the initial post. It looks like several of us had the same thought. :)

If Abigail is playing Stefan, then how did she get the lid to the urn, Gabi's coat and badge, and wearing the wig that was seen in the security footage?

It's possible she is not the one that killed Andre, but there must be some mental issues there to have all of that in her possession. I also don't think Chad is in on any plan Abby might have to bring Stefan down. If he did, there is no way he would be peacefully sleeping while she dressed up and went to Stefan's room. He would have been anxiously waiting for her to return or following her to keep an eye on her.

She DID peek in her room first, to make sure he was still asleep. However, in her conversation with Stefan, she indicated she heard him & Viv talking over Andre's dead body, and take Andre's phone. So...she was in the room. The killer could have put the wig & coat back, and Abby could have taken them. She also could have just picked up the lid, when she heard Stefan & Viv coming in, so hid, still in possession. What is odd is that Gabi never tried to get her coat back, after leaving it. But O.K. she was upset. However, it is winter, she had no coat, even if in her car.

Abby/Gabby definitely had no answers to Stefan's questions, evaded them all. So...guess we all just have to follow the yellow brick road, and see if our Cobumbalo detectives are able to put the pieces together. (That is what my family used to call Columbo, the brilliant, but seemingly bumbling detective, so well played by Peter Falk)

Last edited:
Marci Miller (Abby) keeps using the term multiple personality disorder in her social media posts. Maybe she's just saying that very loosely.

I did think Chad and Abby playing Stefan was an option but now I'm leaning more towards either multiple personality disorder or her being under the influence of something.

In any event, I want a twist. Ron has a habit of building up stories and then wrapping them up quickly and cleanly. Soaps are meant to be messy. Give us a twist and surprise us. But at the same time have the cause of this make sense to the viewers.

I'm hoping as Heather suggested in Monday's write-up post that Abby is playing StefanNo. And he's playing along, playing her, because now he has put his fingerprints on the weapon and nobody can prove when/how they got there.

That makes two of us Jason.

In any event, I want a twist. Ron has a habit of building up stories and then wrapping them up quickly and cleanly. Soaps are meant to be messy. Give us a twist and surprise us. But at the same time have the cause of this make sense to the viewers.

I agree with the quick wrap up. You can be following a story for months and it ends and the very next scene it is all forgotten. I can't remember the last time that there was a twist that we didn't see coming!

I also don't think Chad is in on any plan Abby might have to bring Stefan down.
I agree. Unfortunately, Salem couples don't usually confide in each other on important things.

Gabi never tried to get her coat back,
That coat was just a plot point. :)

However, it is winter, she had no coat, even if in her car.
I doubt she has only one coat. I have ten and I live in Georgia, where it's a beautiful day, by the way. :)

I guess I am hoping for really good writing ...
DDDrama, I have some swamp land for sale. Interested??? :)

Last edited:
Interestingly, tonight, the movie "3 Faces Of Eve" was on Turner Movie Classics.....no, I'M watching Pretty Woman.

Just wonder ...is there going to be 3 faces of Abby?

On One Life To Live (OLTL), Ron C. wrote the multiple personality disorder storyline for Jessica Buchanan, and if Abigail's storyline is anything like OLTL, there absolutely will be more. As already mentioned on here, there is a personality between the time Abigail is Abigail and when she goes to dress up like Gabby. Jessica had 4 personalities that emerged so it COULD come out that there are more than 3 now or for future storylines.

Back