The Millers, plus???

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it is just me, but while I was happy to see new comedies coming out, just do not care for the raunchy stuff.....and the Millers were just that, in my opinion. The premise.....A couple is divorced for 3 months, not telling parents, who come to stay for a while as their home is being ....something or other. When the parents hear their children are divorced (and I could not make out if they are the parents of the guy or girl......the parents decide to split up, with Dad going to the gal's, and Mom staying with Sonny.Mama moans and groans about the younger couple's wedding where they did the dance from Dirty Dancing.
There just is no man who has reached the age of the dad who could be so stupid. Metal pot in the microwave, can't figure out how to use the coffeemaker. Meanwhile sonny is supposed to be hosting a party, and Mama has taken a sleeping pill. Party is in full swing, Mama wakes up, comes down in PJs for ice cream, sort of out of it. She wants to play the music tape from Dirty Dancing, Sonny says no, she moans some more......and this is the best part of the whole thing to me. (and no, I did not repeat all the raunchy conversation). She is moaning as she goes back upstairs about how she always wanted to to that dance, Sonny feels bad, puts the tape on, crooks his finger at her...and I went hysterical. Mom is on the very plump side, but they did a good "imitation" of the dance, music and all. That was the last 2 minutes.And had me laughing out loud, truly. A lot. LOL But that was the only part.
I tried watching 2 and half men. Raunchy. Michael J. Fox show had the daughter taking pics of naked men, and then getting her mom into some sexy poses, sans her top. And on the Crazy Ones, Robin Williams was having his employee cleaning out the butts of baby ducks.

Am trying to watch new shows, but not all that impressed so far. LOL

I wanted to watch The Millers, but it conflicted with something else I wanted to see (Welcome to the Family, I think). I guess I'm glad I went with Welcome To The Family, it was pretty good (and not raunchy that I can remember). Mary McCormick is on it (she starred in In Plain Sight on USA), as is Mike O'Malley. The show is about two families whose children have just graduated high school, have been dating awhile and learned they are expecting (they find out on graduation day). So now the show is about the families coming together... And it's a trip.

I also watched Brooklyn Nine Nine this week (it's on Tuesdays at 8:30 on Fox), and it was pretty funny.

What little I've seen of the new sitcoms makes me long for the old days. I am sticking to dramas and a few older sitcoms, like "Big Bang Theory." Star power just can't save a poorly constructed show, Loved "Will and Grace" and "Alice" but have no desire to see "Sean Saves the World," despite Sean Hayes and Linda Lavin. Granted, every show can't be a classic, but it would be nice to see a show that is worth viewing and not cringeworthy.

I just finished watching “Sean Saves the World” I enjoyed it. Sean Hayes and Linda Lavin are Mother and Son they love each other but are always complaining about each other. I found it to be quite amusing! The Millers was OK!

Yep, also enjoyed Sean Saves The World

As for me, after CBS's NCIS show, I'm off to any other station, usually Bio or National Geo--Even the super stupid silly news was better in my opinion.
If nothing works, then there is the wonderful world of books !

I watch The Voice, NCIS, The Blacklist, Hostages and I think the only sitcom I'll be sticking out is Welcome To The Family.

Back