The Sound of Music Live

You can watch show on NBC site too.

I saw the show the last night and enjoyed it. It took my
local station awhile to get all the snow stuff off. Radar
and school closing. Once they did it was better.

The local station took out commercials with that
stuff. NBC won't be happy with that. I always FF commercials.

John Bolger (Another World) had a small part at the end.
He was the only person I've seen before in the show.

Did he really? John Bolger was one of the actors to portray Jack Deveraux for a short period. My friend in town has DVR'd it, and said I should come over and we can rewatch it together. :) Gonna have to be when the roads get better, too icy for now.
But....I will check out the NBC site and my local NBC site. Maybe they have it, and I can see the last hour.
I don't have a contract with Hulu

Yes, Mr Bolger was on. I saw his name and kept looking for him.
He's on at the end as the Nazi to pickup Van Trapp. He's either
lost a lot of hair or it's mostly grey.

Better than I'd expected; I didn't think Carrie had the pipes for it, but she aquitted herself well.

@LilO, never fear, I predict you will have many chances to see it...

I think Carrie had special training for the musical. Many times that is the case. Ricky Martin had to do the same thing for Evita on Broadway. Very different singing style than pop or country. I think I'm going to get the album for this.

Read an interview with her, she did say something about it not sounding "country" at all, so I have no idea if she talks with perhaps an accent (or what folks in other parts of the country might call an accent) in real life, but she definitely had to learn a different style.

Carrie said in one interview that she had to have a dialect coach to lose her Oklahoma accent and when this was over she was going to have to go home to get her accent back! I really didn't hear to much of her Okie accent, maybe a little here and there but nothing to country. A.Guy not sure how much you have ever listened to Carrie prior to this but if you really want to hear her pipes you should listen to this www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX15hq2VxdQ it gives me chills and shows her ability!

Yeah, came here to post that. I was really surprised they decided on an "encore" showing Saturday. That will be 8 p.m. Eastern, 7 p.m. Central. I think it probably will be at 8 p.m. Pacific as well.
Hey, I will get to see the last hour that I missed.
Thanx, Kat.

You're both welcome. Be sure and take
an afternoon nap on Sat so you won't fall asleep :)

Overall I enjoyed it because I love the story and the songs. Yep I sang along. I'm not a huge fan of Carrie Underwood but she did ok on the acting and was outstanding on the singing.
I did chuckle when she "played" the guitar the first song with the kids.

I had no idea Stephen Moyer was playing the Captain - I thought he did a great job!
Really the entire cast was great fun.
I think I'll record it to watch with my grandkids.

Thanks for posting that. I was curious about that--I actually thought it was at the Saturday Night Live studios. But I did think it was odd since the sets seemed really big to be in Manhattan.

Back