The stupid quadrangle

JS, of course Jenny was up and about within a week. Her surgery was performed by the miracle Love Doctor, not some ordinary medical mortal. Not shown on screen were St. Daniel's orthopedic operations. His knee-and-hip-replacement patients were running in road races in a week. No annoying convalescence or rehab needed.
The "government" doesn't handle immigration this way, at all. In fact, simply being married to Abby doesn't actually change his immigration status. This story is on my nerves in more than one way. I mean, I get it, soaps have drama, but can the drama at least make sense? Please? Where do these writers live? Under a rock? They know NOTHING about anything in real life.
Days writers are infamous for a lack of research, which in the age of Google searches is inexcusable. Frankly, they simply should not attempt police procedurals or anything legal because they do it so badly. The idea should be to entertain the viewers, not have them groaning in disbelief. The writers should stick to the bread-and-butter of soap plots, relationships and personal problems. Salemites are generally so messed up that they would never run out of ideas.

The "government" doesn't handle immigration this way, at all. In fact, simply being married to Abby doesn't actually change his immigration status. This story is on my nerves in more than one way. ...They know NOTHING about anything in real life.... Is Dario playing Abigail all the way around?

Certainly wouldn't put it past the slime-ball.

I think that Slime Bucket Dario is pulling one on Abby because he knows that there is no other way that she would marry him.

I agree, DaysLady. The Days INS folks are a joke.

My sis-in-law lived and worked in the US for 10 years (brought over by her specialty nursing company after nursing around the world). Dated my brother for 2 years before they wanted to get married. They had to jump through hoops with frequent trips to San Diego AND unscheduled pop ups of INS agents for meetings to prove they were getting married "for real". They had to answer insulting very personal questions about each other. My brother and sis finally told the guy in San Diego they were Catholic, and some of those things they would not know until they were married. (My brother thought the guy was a pervert and getting cheap thrills.) They had to get INS permission to get married or both could've been arrested.
She became a citizen 5 years after they got married because INS wanted to make sure the marriage "took" first. They also had to keep reporting to INS until she became a citizen.

Back