The "twist"........

Perhaps one of the things they can redo, is Ben being a serial killer. Somehow that could turn out to be his deranged sister Jordan. This would allow Ciara and Ben to become a super couple of the future without the old murderer stigma that Ben is dragging around.

Honestly I'd prefer we find out that "Jordan" is actually Ben in a wig any time she does something bad. I'm really sick of Ben and boo-hoo Ciara. I liked and still like Jordan and I can't forget Ben murdering Wendy (or Serena whom I liked or Paige who is Shane's granddaughter) immediately after she delivered his child. No time jump length will fix that. I hate this cheesy GH writing.

Just remember Jason...you did NOT see Ben do any of that. Serena was found laying on the ground, we saw a "figure" attacking Paige, and we only heard a gunshot after Ben went outside with Wendy. Yes, we saw Ben choking Will, bare hands.....but Will was not dead.
Thus they can make up any sort of tale they want that would absolve Ben of the deaths of the women.

Well, Kate does not want to be known as a great-grandmother, & evidently Hope doesn't want any "Grand" or "great" attached to her titles either.
I guess their reason might be because they don't want people to think they are "old enough to be a "Grand" or "Great" - I'm just PROUD to be a Grandmother! Age never crossed my mind!

Oldsoapie - I see things differently! So glad it's ok to disagree respectfully here on this site!

I am super excited about the time jump and the flashback stuff to come. It's something new for Days and it works well on other shows I enjoy. I am feeling blessed we don't have to endure Kristen's/Sarah's/potentially Gabi's whole pregnancies. Wondering if Rolf steals Kristen's embryo for Gabi somehow.......LOL THAT would seve Kristen right!

I for SURE think that Rolf has something to do with the time jump.

I wonder if 4 babies are born around the same time? Mothers would be Kristen, Sarah, Lani, Gabi and/or Ciara. Babies could be all switched around and with the incorrect mother/parents.

Has anyone ever seen the movie “What’s Up Doc?” starring Barbra Streisand and Ryan O’Neil and how there were 4 identical luggage bags that somehow got mixed up and everyone was trying to figure out who had what bag? I know it sounds ridiculous but it was a pretty funny movie.

I don't think they'd go with that many babies born at the same time, simply because it's so expensive to use babies/toddlers/kids on the set. There's a bunch of required people that have to be at the studio every time a baby/child is used. And they usually use twins, so that doubles the amount of required people.

Yes, definitely a nurse for one, plus depending on age, tutor. This is why we have not seen Ari or Parker, etc. for so long.

And a state appointed individual on set for each child, in addition to their parents who are usually there. They also get professional "wranglers" to work with the babies/kids. Same thing with animals on the set. Always expensive and a pain in the behind.

They have to have special areas backstage for kids, too, that have to be inspected and regulated by the state.

Not the same thing, but years ago, a company I worked for looked into putting in an on-site daycare center. The cost and regulations that would make it legal were outrageously expensive. So the idea was dropped.

Yes, definitely a nurse for one, plus depending on age, tutor. This is why we have not seen Ari or Parker, etc. for so long.

The studio teacher has to be there anytime a child is working, whether it's a 6-month-old baby or 16-year-old. The teacher has to keep track of the exact working times and make sure the kids are out at the appropriate time. She isn't there just to teach.

Has anyone ever seen the movie “What’s Up Doc?” starring Barbra Streisand and Ryan O’Neil and how there were 4 identical luggage bags that somehow got mixed up and everyone was trying to figure out who had what bag? I know it sounds ridiculous but it was a pretty funny movie.

I loved that movie! Forgot all about it.

I don't think they'd go with that many babies born at the same time, simply because it's so expensive to use babies/toddlers/kids on the set.
If they were smart, they could have two babies and use them for multiple roles. (Like how Taylor looks like Ava, or Roman like Chris, or Roman like Alex.) Film a bunch of scenes and insert them.

Or they could splurge and buy another doll in blanket. That would blow the budget though.

I am putting this here just in case I might be partly right!!
I think that maybe Dr. Rolf is the one who should be in Bayview!!
I think he thinks he is Stefano!! He may be the one masterminding all the evil in Salem.
Just my opinion. I won't elaborate on some of my reasons. I will just wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do find it hard to believe they're going to get rid of Stefan's character for good by ripping the heart out of his chest. They brought him on to create a new generation of Dimera villains. To spend this much time weaving him into the fabric of the show and then create a storyline where he can't come back makes no sense. There's too much potential there for the future. That said-- is everyone a genetically compatible match for Julie? Kate, Stefan, and Shah? I wish they would give a tiny bit more thought to making things somewhat realistic.

You know, if they did that for us viewers who want Stefano dead, I'd love it. Reveal that Rolf is (bonus/extra/especially) crazy, thinks he IS Stefano, and HE was the one on that Bench in Europe...a little Easter egg for the fans.
I do find it hard to believe they're going to get rid of Stefan's character for good by ripping the heart out of his chest.
The consensus (here and elsewhere) seems to be that the decision was made to kill/erase Stefan BEFORE anyone knew how fans would react to the recast/and Gabi pairing. (Given the show's insane tape delay, that's not a stretch.) These scenes would have been written 10-11 months ago and the negotiations with the actor...at least a month or so before that, I would guess?

So now you have a reborn character in a popular pairing, and you've tossed him in the dustbin, because you had to make a decision about what who'd be on contract in 10/2019 back in late summer 2018 based on how much we hated Stefan then. Not sustainable!

That said-- is everyone a genetically compatible match for Julie? Kate, Stefan, and Shah?
Dr. Shah was never considered a potential donor for Julie. Just Kate and now Stefan.

But I wouldn't be surprised if down the road, we find out somehow Rolf worked some magic (that we didn't see) to revive Henry Shah from the brink of death and somehow, some way, Julie gets his heart, while Rolf secretly saved Stefan. Total speculation on my part.

No, they didn't list Shah as an option. I'm responding to the idea that he will end up being the donor. If his heart will be used, the tissue and blood have to be compatible with her. It's just strange that there are that many people who fit the bill.

Back