The Writers - Musical Chairs

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So Corday finally was persuaded to change writers, and he put a bunch of names in a hat, picked out one or two, and so we continue playing the game.

It is very obvious that either Corday doesn't watch the show, pay attention to what is going on, & is generally inept at knowing how to manage his show. The buck stops there, squarely where it belongs. He owns the show, pays no attention to it, and until he is goaded into "doing something", nothing is done. While he may hire some, note I said some.....good writers, he does not oversee, check, etc. Until it is going down the tubes. Ooops,

O.K. I do not profess to know what goes on behind the scenes. I have read that NBC has interfered, Sony has, as well, Don't know in either case. What I do know is that Days has been unable, so far, to get it's writers to stay on track.

We have all seen Salemites acting way out of character, get involved where they would never have done so before. seen idiotic storylines that have no purpose, nothing that would grab attention, enable growth in characters. We have seen a few characters hog airtime and storylines, leaving everyone else backburned for ages. And yet, Corday never saw it.

While some have not cared for Dena Higley, I always liked her. I was happy that Ryan Quan was elevated to co-headwriter,as I thought well of him. However, while I do understand that they had to deal with "fixing" the problems Josh Griffith caused, they have not begun anything that is remotely "attention grabbing" in their tenure. The tendency to drag out story is boring, as is the constant repetiveness of dialogue. Nothing is moving.

I have no idea whose fault this is, but ...this is why I do NOT LIKE co-head writers. It does not work in the long run.

That said...I am going on record as praising the Culliton couple who write dialogue. They both do a terrific job, know their characters, and seem to be able to latch on to what is going on. Kudos.

The show has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. I actually looked forward to watching when the trio broke out of prison. Then all the movement stopped.

Now they tell me it will get better. I just have to wait a mere 6 months but it will be better. I am at the point of no longer caring. I watch out of habit and some days I just delete off the dvr.

I watch out of habit as well. I do like the current cast for the most part but the stories are awful. And everything I've read points to Dena Higley being the de facto head writer, even though Ryan Quan's name is on everything. Based on the fact that storylines are being repeated, I'm inclined to agree.

I'm not a fan of Higley but I will be forever grateful that she created and nurtured the Sami/Rafe pairing 8-9 years ago which was by far the best pairing for either character. Neither character has had anything remotely comparable since.

So Corday finally was persuaded to change writers, and he put a bunch of names in a hat, picked out one or two, and so we continue playing the game.

It is very obvious that either Corday doesn't watch the show, pay attention to what is going on, & is generally inept at knowing how to manage his show. The buck stops there, squarely where it belongs. He owns the show, pays no attention to it, and until he is goaded into "doing something", nothing is done. While he may hire some, note I said some.....good writers, he does not oversee, check, etc. Until it is going down the tubes. Ooops,

O.K. I do not profess to know what goes on behind the scenes. I have read that NBC has interfered, Sony has, as well, Don't know in either case. What I do know is that Days has been unable, so far, to get it's writers to stay on track.

We have all seen Salemites acting way out of character, get involved where they would never have done so before. seen idiotic storylines that have no purpose, nothing that would grab attention, enable growth in characters. We have seen a few characters hog airtime and storylines, leaving everyone else backburned for ages. And yet, Corday never saw it.

While some have not cared for Dena Higley, I always liked her. I was happy that Ryan Quan was elevated to co-headwriter,as I thought well of him. However, while I do understand that they had to deal with "fixing" the problems Josh Griffith caused, they have not begun anything that is remotely "attention grabbing" in their tenure. The tendency to drag out story is boring, as is the constant repetiveness of dialogue. Nothing is moving.

I have no idea whose fault this is, but ...this is why I do NOT LIKE co-head writers. It does not work in the long run.

That said...I am going on record as praising the Culliton couple who write dialogue. They both do a terrific job, know their characters, and seem to be able to latch on to what is going on. Kudos.

I absolutely agree Poirot. And this feels like it has been going on forever. Oh wait, it has been!!:sad::angry:

A couple days ago I checked out a link on Twitter to an old SOD (Soap Opera Digest) cover from 2003. And the headline was, "The plan to save Days"

In light of the last few years and this year and probably next year, I thought: 'Oh yeah, this save Days thing has been going on forever"

What's the definition of insanity again?

Back