Theresa and Brady

I agree. Yep, he couldn't wait to spew at Kim last time she was in town.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's all because of Kimberly, I think it's more because he wants to protect Brady since he's seen what Theresa is capable of. Does his hatred for Kimberly do Theresa any favors, no, but Theresa has made her own bed.

Not all of it, no, but I think a lot of it kind of equals. Victor has been dastardly. But since this is not about Victor and Kim's history. I digress :)

I have really enjoyed this thread and the many opinions shared by all of you about this particular storyline!! :) I, for one, love Brady and Theresa together, as I love the on-screen chemistry between the two characters. I really feel that this could be a fabulous storyline, providing it is written well.

Not one character in this coupling is worse than the other, as they both have made a lot of mistakes. I know that a lot of things that Theresa has done have been against Brady, but I would love to see how Theresa and Brady grow together and learn to trust each other. I think to make this storyline believable it needs to be taken slow, as trust in real life is not gained overnight. Although in Salem, you never know.

A part of me thinks that Victor has a right to step in to Brady's relationship with Theresa, as Brady and Theresa are living in Victor's mansion, so he has a right to call it like he sees it. After all, they are living in HIS house. On the other hand, these two are adults and should be able to make their own choices and not be judged for it. BUT Theresa and Brady need to own up to their own mistakes and not have others clean up their life messes.

Reactions: YPG
How interesting. Jack spent 3 years beating himself up, staying away from any kind of relationship with another female, and it took forever for Jennifer to get Jack to make peace with himself enough to even think of getting together with her.

this is why fans have accepted Jack as husband, father, mostly good guy. And that was all due to Matt Ashford's superb portrayal of the angst ridden Jack Deveraux.

EJ, on the other hand, just went on with his life, bedding other women, joking, laughing, sipping brandy, or whatever alcohol was on their cart. He continued to be a nasty individual, underhanded, manipulative, and thus, was NOT forgiven by the viewers, although his admirers choose to ignore whatever evil he perpetrated on others.

Theresa undoubtedly will be redeemed eventually, but so far, she has not. She is still manipulating, attempting constantly to get Brady back in her bed, thinking that a sex romp is enough to get him to say he loves her. That is not the way it works.

When people mention these things she has done to Brady, it is to show that if she really loved him, she would not have done these things that hurt him. She really does come across as just wanting the money tree that he represents.

Theresa has always thought the sex romps would get her anything she wants. And what she wants is MONEY! She loves living in the K-Mansion with all the perks.

Brady was the manipulator in that situation. Theresa had just told him that she's in love with him, called him out for being mean not just when she was lying in the past but even now that she's telling the truth and then she went to her room rejected. It was Brady that went to her. He invited himself into her room knowing how she felt because he wanted her and she wouldn't reject him.

Sure she could have sent him away but could you imagine how Brady would have just lost it had she told him to get out of her room. He's a spoiled little entitled brat that would probably have gone and picked up a girl in a bar so he could get some sex, Theresa doesn't want him going elsewhere and knows he would since he has such a high sex drive.

Reactions: YPG
So, Theresa did not flirt with him, come on to him, even going so far as to say I love you, nor did she appear in her sexy nightwear to do it. Yep, it was all Brady. :sarcasm:

It really is a shame Brady is so weak willed, and addicted to sex.When it comes to him, Theresa knows exactly which buttons to press.

So what if she flirted with him; he didn't shut her down when she did and she was honest enough to tell him she loves him. It doesn't matter if she was butt necked in that bed because he never would have seen it if he wouldn't have let himself in her room looking for some action. It is entirely Brady's fault for letting his sex drive control his actions.

She came down to the living room in that sexy thing, and that is where she said she loved him, batted her eyes, looked soulful, and then sashayed upstairs. Brady sat for a while, then yep, he caved and went up.

And when Brady came into her room, the first thing she did was start pushing down the straps to her nightie, lolol. He was just standing there.......Ha. Yep, he fell for it.

I would love a good redemption story for Theresa, just for Brady's sake, the poor sap has been through hell trying to find love. Even so, she could just be lying and conniving again, who knows which way it'll go? We all know genuine change in toxic people is not often, but possible. I will enjoy Theresa no matter what the writers choose.

Oh, please. It's not like Theresa drugged and raped him. While I do not entirely like the way Theresa has been acting lately I do believe she really loves Brady and he knows this and still went to her room to have sex with her fully knowing that she would think that meant something more than what he would. So in my mind he fully took advantage of the situation to get some action. I mean, did he really think the next day Theresa would just shrug it off? Heck no. Sure she's trying to manipulate the situation and acting desperate but I still believe she's trying to be a better person and really does love him. I think a part of him loves her too and he just has too much pride to admit it knowing that some of the people who matter most to him (Victor, John, etc.) will be very angry if he looks her way again.

Theresa was a very one-note character under the previous writing regime. These current writers, I believe, are trying to fix her and redeem her. Although, like I said, I'm not totally onboard with how they are having her play these desperate games with trying to get Brady to love her. It would have made for better story to have her be the best mother and person she could be in a genuine manner and delve into her new career. I think in time Brady would have fallen in love with her newfound persona. So I'm sort of lukewarm to how they are being written here because it doesn't have a good foundation which means it's probably doomed to fail.

I recall many times with Nicole rooting for a redemption, actually wanting her to be happy, to succeed after so many trainwrecks from her own compulsive, deceptive behavior. I was so sure she was a new woman, then boom, she is standing there at a burn barrel with the evidence for Eric and I'm all "don't do it, you idiot!!".

Guess what I am getting at is there has been so many screwed up chances with villianesses like Nicole and Sami, I would really like to see someone truly and wholeheartedly change.

But as I said before, it won't make me mad, as evil Theresa is ruthless, her sneery face slappable, and watching her ruses and plots are entertaining, too. All except using the baby in her schemes, that just sickens me, as there are many women like that in real life.​

Brady is not a sex addict. If he was, he would have been bedding with a lot more women. He has only been with Kristen & Theresa lately and there has been some time since his last romp, unless I am totally forgetting someone else. Remember when the truth about Tiger Woods came out he was a sex addict. There were women galore coming out of the word work that he had been with.

This was no different than Brady arguing with Kristen then going to have sex with Theresa afterwards. He does it because he knows Theresa will go along with it. Theresa knows Brady pretty much uses her for sex and she's fine with it, always has been, as long as it kept Brady within reach. Why now is she expecting more from him if this is what she's happily accepted from Brady in the past. If she wants more than sex, stop having no strings sex so that Brady gets the message.

But then watching Brady lean in and kiss Theresa in the pub was telling that he does want her to feel like she is more.

Did not like Nicole going to butt in to the scene. She does not need to get into all of it.

Hmmm, seems to me Brady bedded the gal who had been "little sis" to him (Melanie), and then there was Madison, not sure about Nicole. Brady quickly hits the sheets with any female, they rarely "date", except in bed.

I knew I missed Melanie. I was just going by the recent women. He is still just a typical man. Still, does anyone date on Days? Very rarely do we ever see dates.

Back