This Week in "Days" History: First Week of July

Jason47

Reaction score
This Week in "Days" History: First Week of July

http://members.aol.com/jason47b

30 Years Ago: July 3-July 7, 1978 (Head Writer: Ann Marcus): Doug hired new singer Theresa Harper, who attracted Steve's attention and made Julie jealous. Donna lost her foster home and stood vigil while Don underwent surgery for internal bleeding. Marlena freaked when she learned Don must undergo another operation. Alice convinced Maggie that Janice is too young to learn Joann is her mother. Linda fumed that Chris accepted a job with Jim Bradley that would pit Chris against Bob's company in an environmental fight. Jeri agreed to care for Timmy while Trish films a European movie. Mike and Margo reconciled. Robert suspected that Theresa had stolen money from the club.

25 Years Ago: July 4-July 8, 1983 (Head Writers: Margaret DePriest & Sheri Anderson): Liz and Neil rekindled their old flame when they found themselves at the same resort. Liz tried explaining to Neil how she had shot Marie, but Roman arrived to arrest her. Marie was shocked that her husband had met with her assailant. Roman asked Bo to guard Marlena against tough hoods such as Pete Jannings at the Body Connection. Eugene disapproved at Alex's attentions toward Trista, who was arranging student nurses' mixers. Gwen left a doubt in Maggie's mind about the supposed kissing incident with Mickey. Don panicked that he wouldn't be able to defend Liz after Daphne spilled the beans.

20 Years Ago: July 4-July 8, 1988 (Head Writer: Leah Laiman): Patch and Shane rescued Kimberly and Kayla from Harper, who was arrested and later admitted that he was the Slasher. Determined to prevent Roman from testifying at Miguel's organized crime trial, Jose Torres planted a bomb in Roman's car. Roman, who hit his head after the car bomb exploded, suffered a partial memory loss and had more flashbacks to an island in the Caribbean. Jack was devastated when he learned that Harper was the Slasher. Kayla was relieved when Jack finally agreed to give her a divorce. Melissa's name was cleared of criminal charges when Harper admitted that he had poisoned Kayla. Eve realized that she had Kimberly pegged all wrong after Kimberly admitted that she was only posing as a hooker in order to help Shane catch the Slasher. Anjelica once again insisted to Justin that he's not the father of her baby, even though she said that Harper isn't the father either.

15 Years Ago: July 5-July 9, 1993 (Head Writer: James E. Reilly; Nielsen Ratings: 8th place/4.7 rating/14 share): Vivian decided Caroline was to be her next victim, as she incorrectly believed Caroline was terminally ill. Austin was compassionate and caring toward Jennifer when she tried to get answers about her family's medical history from her institutionalized mother, Laura. Laura said Jennifer's name after Jennifer left her hospital room. Kate told Lucas that she will not be blackmailed by him forever. Victor enters into business with Billie. Sami, wishing to be slim, started changing her eating pattern and made herself throw up. Carly and Bo continued to bicker about their different lifestyles. Abe continued his search for the anti-drug vigilante. Marlena nervously awaited the results of the DNA test. Using a computer to access Marlena's hospital file, Sami learned the results of the blood tests.

10 Years Ago: June 29-July 3, 1998 (Head Writer: Sally Sussman Morina; Nielsen Ratings: 3rd place/4.7 rating/15 share): Stefano continued to control Vivian's moods. Carrie and Marlena investigated Shelly, the woman who was in bed with Mike. They get her to tell the hospital board members the truth. An ecstatic Mike told Carrie that he's been named Chief of Staff and then kissed her. Roman and Billie grew closer. Hope told John that she's going to investigate her past in Lugano, Switzerland. Franco, being trailed by an INS agent and worried about being deported, announced his engagement to Sami at the Brady/Horton picnic. Lucas showed up drunk at the picnic. In New Orleans, Swamp Girl seemed to recognize Bo. Preempted Thursday, July 2 and Friday, July 3 for Wimbledon Tennis.

5 Years Ago: June 30-July 4, 2003 (Head Writer: Dena Higley; Nielsen Ratings: 8th place/2.6 rating/08 share): Kate and Roman were stunned to see Lucas comforting Sami. Before leaving town with the diamond machine, Tony apologized to Sami and gave her some diamonds. John snuck aboard Tony's yacht. Brady offered Nicole a job at the Blue Note. Larry instructed Nicole on how to purchase a gun. Belle told Shawn that Philip is more than just a Marine. Bo and Hope escaped from their captors. Bo told Hope that he sold the Fancy Face. Rex looked over the information that Mimi got from the hospital and found out that Kate is his and Cassie's mother. He and Mimi rushed off to stop Cassie from making love to Lucas (who is now her half-brother). Preempted Thursday, July 3 and Friday, July 4 for Wimbledon Tennis.

Liz and Neil? Man...that brings back memories. What was that song she had? It was their "theme song"? I know someone here knows.

Thanks so much for the memories Jason!

Thanks for the information. YOu have brought back so many memories. IT is amazing how I remember almost all of the stories mentioned.

Liz sang Bo and Hope's theme song, "Tonight, I celebrate my love for you." One of the all time great love songs. I still listen to it. Okay, just looked it up on you tube, under Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson sing 1986. Started crying.

Liz sang Bo and Hope's theme song, "Tonight, I celebrate my love for you." One of the all time great love songs. I still listen to it. Okay, just looked it up on you tube, under Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson sing 1986. Started crying.

THAT'S IT! Thank you so much owelor02! :clap:

You have to watch the video, on YouTube. so much with Kim and Shane, Victor and Caroling, John and Marlena, as well as Bo and Hope. OMG

I remember that song, it was "Always on my mind" by Willie Nelson. Liz could sure belt out that song.

I had forgotten she sang friend and lover too. I believe it was Shane and Kimberly's song. Gloria sure can sing. I wich they had her back just for her voice. She could work for Maggie.

I have to agree Gloria sure can sing. I was so upset when she left the show to start singing. I loved Liz and Noel.

I have to agree Gloria sure can sing. I was so upset when she left the show to start singing. I loved Liz and Noel.

I just finished watching her on you tube. I first watched Friends And Lovers, then Tonight I celebrate My Love and lastly, You were always On My Mind. The one that got me crying was the last one as she was singing to Neil on their wedding day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu9Zp3-uA5E

Here is the link to Gloria singing Friend and Lover and Tonight I celebrate my love. Enjoy!!

Thanks Jason for the days past. Thanks owelor02 for the link. Those were the Days my friend. I loved Liz and Neil. And Boy could Gloria sing. I wish those days for Days were back when they would have the real stories and travel and the great singers like Gloria is and her playing Liz.:hot::clap:

Thanks Jason for the days past. Thanks owelor02 for the link. Those were the Days my friend. I loved Liz and Neil. And Boy could Gloria sing. I wish those days for Days were back when they would have the real stories and travel and the great singers like Gloria is and her playing Liz.:hot::clap:

Amen, amen, amen!!! I loved Liz and all the s/l she was in and the great shows at Blondies, Wings and Doug's place. Days used to have such great music and used the wonderful love songs of the 80's and 90's to accentuate the show.

Thanks for the wonderful clip Jason!!!

Back