Thoughts on the new Ciara, Chase, and Theo

I'd like to see Joy Wesley, Chloe's little sister back as well. She was around Zack's age so it would be fitting she come back now as a teen. She's unrelated to the other teens yet related to Parker and obviously Chloe if she were to return.

I don't think it's out of the realm to bring back Sami's kids but the issue is more that they are related to Joey and Ciara.

As an aside, in the early 90s they slightly SORASed Carrie by recasting Christie Clark with the slightly older Tracy Middendorf. I think that lasted less than a year and they brought back Christie Clark. A smart decision because she and Patrick Muldoon (Austin) had explosive chemistry. I would love for the show to do something similar with Ciara and bring back Lauren Boles. A stretch yes but this is the same show that gave us a possession storyline and the Garden of Eden.

Love the idea of Joy Wesley coming to town. Her parents can be off-screen if we can't afford the actors back on a regular basis. She is unconnected from all teens in Salem now and could mix & mingle well with the new teen set. I think it'd be interesting if an unknown teen child of Rafe's (or even Arianna's) came to town as well. (I mentioned this in the 11/18 thread but thought I'd reiterate it here.) That would increase the new DNA in town AND the writers' share (unless they want to share some of that with me, LOL).

I strongly suspect we will see Tyler "Pocket" Kiriakis back eventually since we are getting Philip back soon. Probably under a different name though. He should be slightly older than Joey but younger than JJ, I think?

Some younger actors have said that when they first came on the show, they were sooo green. And have expressed grateful thanks to some of the vets who sort of took them under their wing, giving tips, help, etc. Especially Drake Hogestyn (John) and Deidre Hall (Marlena). I know both Peter Reckell (Bo) & Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) have mentioned Frances Reid (Alice) helping them.

It really is too bad that the fast filming doesn't allow for rehearsals, as it probably would benefit young people especially.

There is a difference between critiquing one's acting vs actor bashing. I said she spoke like she was reading from a sheet (as others have) that is critiquing her acting NOT the actress personally. No one has made any inappropriate comments about her appearance or her personally just how her acting has come across. If we can see it on tv then rest assured the higher ups do and her co-stars do as well. I hope they work with her. I also commented yesterday that she did a good job at the party. She spoke with the right emotion for the occasion. Hope to see more of that going forward. And today I didn't think she did a bad job at all with Caroline. Maybe they are working with her

Sorry but I think they are all bad actors. The scene where Joey, Theo and Ciara showed how bad these kids are. It was like they were reading the lines. The new Chase is ok but not much better. My nephew really is autistic and he doesn't talk like that. This Theo has zero emotion, I don't know if they told him to act like that or he is as bad acting as the other kids.

By the way, it's not actor basing to criticize these kids acting. I have seen lots of child actors that are really good.

edited to write out text-speak - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching today's show, I think my issue with Ciara is a chemistry one. I'm just not seeing it in the scenes with Bo, Hope, Caroline and Shawn. And these are the characters she should have chemistry with outside of any romantic interest.

I think they should have made an exception and kept Lauren Boles as Ciara while SORASing everyone else. Lauren could have handled the heavy material around Bo's death and it would have also made the Bo/Ciara scenes much more powerful.

My friend's twin sons are both autistic, each differently. And the thing is, Dena Higley, who originated the idea and story of Theo being autistic, has raised a son who is autistic, and is now highly functioning. As Heather noted, there is a wide spectrum of autism.

That said, I think these teens were brought on as teens at a time there was going to be a lot of very heavy and emotionally charged story. I know they needed to age Joey for the Steve/Kayla story, and so the others just had to be, as well. I think perhaps, after these young people get more acclimated to the other actors, they may connect with them in a better way. Ciara really has had no interaction with Bo as her father, until he arrived in Salem. Therefore, she shared only a few scenes, had to hard to do. And she has had only a few more with Hope. I swear these were the first with Caroline.

I remember Joey first appearing, really rather sullen....NO dialogue, except maybe a few words.
Time will tell.

I think they should have made an exception and kept Lauren Boles as Ciara while SORASing everyone else.

I think they should have just waited until after the funeral to SORAS them. Honestly, all the other stuff aside from Joey being drugged was stuff that could have waited. And SORASing the rest while leaving Ciara would have made no sense, especially since Hope and Aiden met because the kids were in the same class, and she and Theo were best friends. It is what it is, though. Someone could always have quipped that the kids have had to grow up quickly with everything that's happened the last few days :rotfl:

For me, I think some of what takes away from Ciara is the heavy make up and the hair hanging in her face. I understand that teen girls like make up, but it's making the actress look too old.

Back