Thursday, February 7th

Thanks for the update!

Can't wait to see this one! I have really been enjoying the direction that the temporary writers have been taking the show. The old writers seemed to drag things out for soooooo long that it got boring! Now, if you miss a show you feel like you have really missed something. I am looking forward to see what happens with everyone's s/l as they all seem to be really taking off with something new.

Thanks for the great job on keeping us all updated with the daily DOOL news. I am a newbie and have recently started checking every day to keep up with the show. This forum is a great way to follow some of those confusing twists and turns that are thrown at us sometimes. Something for you to consider... I would like to see a family tree or family history. Another site has something like this but they don't do a very good job at keeping it accurate.

Can't wait to see this one! I have really been enjoying the direction that the temporary writers have been taking the show. The old writers seemed to drag things out for soooooo long that it got boring! Now, if you miss a show you feel like you have really missed something. I am looking forward to see what happens with everyone's s/l as they all seem to be really taking off with something new.

Thanks for the great job on keeping us all updated with the daily DOOL news. I am a newbie and have recently started checking every day to keep up with the show. This forum is a great way to follow some of those confusing twists and turns that are thrown at us sometimes. Something for you to consider... I would like to see a family tree or family history. Another site has something like this but they don't do a very good job at keeping it accurate.

They probably aren't very good at keeping it accurate because it's impossible to do so...LOL :rotfl:

Thanks for the update!

poirot, you should have said, "have the kleenex ready for this post!" i really don't know if i can watch this episode, i just don't do death very well. so sad. peace peoples! thanks poirot.

You are so right, sunshine...I couldn't get through reading about tomorrow's episode without crying...Don't know what I am going to do when I actually watch it.

As to Bo and Hope both having backaches, I think this could be the mattress and used to have thrown us off a bit. I believe there was a mix-up of the blood tests which were taken at the same time and the person who is sick is Hope..Remember the dizzy spell??!!

Magdalena

Thanks for the post. It took me all day to get into the site. Glad we see John showing emotion. Someone posted that Addie was Hopes mother. Doug Williams is her father. Again no relation to the Brady's. Only the Horton's. Looks like we need to but stock in Kleenex if Days keeps this up.

So tomorrow is Shirley Jones' last day, it would appear. She was fabulous. And such a classy lady. I'll bet it was a thrill to be able to work with her, even if only for a few days. Not to take anything away from the usual Days crew but ... Maid Marion!

Hi everyone! New to the site, but definitely not new to DOOL; been watching since early 70's. How refreshing to see episodes that keep your attention and move along. Glad to see Victor back (hubba hubba!). It will be interesting to see where they go with Bo's storyline. Sorry to see Billie go, though.

Oh, my, I am really touched that so many of you have enjoyed reading the writeup today, for Thursday. And that Canadian viewers have echoed my feelings about this show.
And even more so to my dear friend and fellow ex-Early Edition compadré, mr laney, who agreed with all I wrote.

@soapnut...LOL, loved your reference to Marion the Librarian.

And to all you newbies, posting for the first time....Thank you for jumping in at last, love hearing from you, am so glad to see your here. There is more here than the Day Ahead, so please.......wander around. :welcome:

Yes an absolute 3 tissue epsiode today. Just wanted to mention the part that really got me was when John was sitting on the bed and Colleen had her arms around him and the camera flashed to Marlena's face and she was crying, well that was it for me. The waterworks started. LOL The emotion Marlena showed was just fabulous.

Yes an absolute 3 tissue epsiode today. Just wanted to mention the part that really got me was when John was sitting on the bed and Colleen had her arms around him and the camera flashed to Marlena's face and she was crying, well that was it for me. The waterworks started. LOL The emotion Marlena showed was just fabulous.

That was just before Colleen died. I was crying along with Marlena. It was so sad because as John is sitting there with his back to her letting her hug him there is no emotion in his face. The whole group saying good bye was when I started to cry. I was still a bit tearful when I got to work

A constant SMILE will always keep everyone guessing!

Barb:

I think you did a great job!!! I can't wait, w/tissues in hand for tomorrow. Thank goodness I don't have to go anywhere - I can watch it live & get my husband to watch w/me on tivo! Someone stated Shawn, Sr. was leaving or dying (I'm not sure which); this was definitely new to me!!!!

How much would any of you like to bet that John will have on that medallion when we leaves his Mother's death bed??????!!!!!

Marlena has taken care of Stephano, thank goodness - it was about time!!!!! John needs to look up Dr. Rolf -he'll know where the disk is w/all John's memories on it; and I don't think it would take John to long to pursuade him to reinstall them!!!!

Maybe Hope is pregnant as well since she was dizzy when she started to get up off the bar stool. I pray they don't & don't see how they can - let Bo die!!!!!!! Thanks again Barb!

I couldn't get onto this site all morning...not until noon. Is that why?
Goodness! Congrats to Poirot and Wayne for your kick *** site!
Good job to Days for getting people interested.

Same here...after reading this, now I know why!!

Thanks for such a great site!! :)

Is it possible that Bo and Hope have been getting poisoned through some routine thing? (The water at their home or something at the police station? Maybe their favorite shampoo or something?)

That would be an interesting storyline, especially if someone like Kate owned the company that was poisoning them.
That could be interesting although it's a little like Abby's cancer story.

Osker Rose

I just watched Thursday's episode and it was a "lump-in-the-throat" show.
What a great acting job by John and Grandpa Sean and Colleen. I don't even want to watch the day ahead show.....I just want to savor this great, emotional episode. This is the old acting that I love so much from the old cast members. It does invite anticipation for the shows ahead. Too bad Colleen didn't have a longer tenure on the show. She would make a great full-time addition to the cast.

Thanks again for all your days ahead. I enjoy reading them immensely but this is one time that I won't be reading ahead. I want to enjoy the anticipation for tomorrow's show, something that has been lacking for a long time.

So maybe Bo AND Hope are sick, with the same ailment? They BOTH have backaches - and dizziness.

Oh my God!!! Days have to win something I mean anything for todays episode. I have been a fan forever. I have never been so moved by days in a long long long time. Today reminded me why I loved days in the past. John, Marlena, Colleen and Shawn Sr. were amazing. I couldn't stop crying especially in the scene where Colleen was hugging John from behind.

Thank you very much for allowing us to post our thoughts on days. I've been reading the days ahead for a long time I just never felt the need to say anything until today.

Great job!

Colleen's farewell to the Bradys

You're right Poirot. I had my tissues handy. Colleen was fantastic, very believable as was Pop Shawn. I was crying right along with them. I thought Drake Hogestyn was fantastic also. His "Goodbye Mom" was very moving and the way the scene ended with him sitting on the side of her bed was very touching. Good acting by all! Days is getting to be the Days that I love all over again.

Colleen dying

I can't believe they bring Colleen back from the dead just to have her die again! I am disappointed. It would have been nice to watch the family get to know Colleen. :(

Back