Thursday, June 7th

Lucas isn't helping Sami any by coming into the Dimera house and acting like an idiot. Why doesn't he just drive into the living room like Shawn did to Victor? I thought Lucas had a little more sense.

I wonder since Stefano is confiding all of this to Tony is he still using EJ as his Pawn? EJ stated to Tony the other day that he knew he was suppose to be just another Pawn in his father's game. It is hard for me to believe that after all of these years of using people as Pawn's he would just dismiss this use for EJ. And we have already seen that he is using EJ as a Pawn as he sent him there to impregnate a Brady, to shoot John and have Steve tortured. Stefano has never made Tony ever get his hands this dirty so why "His Favorite Son". Maybe Stefano never really accepted EJ as his son but made him believe that he did in order to get him to do his bidding? The need for a child to make their parents proud is a powerful tool that can over rule logic.

I kind of have been putting EJ in the box of being more pathetic and weak than was shown at first for, exactly, the reason you just stated,IloveEJ. He, suddenly, seems to be the lost little boy. Less capable of the evils he had ventured in before. Maybe, even, Stephano did regard EJ as his favorite son and EJ thrived on his father's attention believing that he had to carry the burden of his father more than Tony had to and driven by ambition to stay number one in his father's eyes. Once he believed the baby to be his, he seemed to become more concerned for his own child and switching priorities. He seems to think his father would approve. But I used to think he was driven by family pride, ambition, and a lack of morals. Now I see him as being driven by family acceptance, fear, and a weak moral character.

it does appear that Stefano has been using EJ as another of his pawns, tho why is a mystery. he always had tony,Lexie was an iffy, so EJ was perfect to assume the cape of DiMera. why tony over EJ? Why not both together?

And that said...do not think for a second that I would ever forgive EJ for anything he did in the name of the DiMeras. I am truly disgusted that Days is attempting to whitewash all hs evil deeds,and I will not be a part of it. I will not succumb to this idiotic brainwashing attempt on the part of Days. It really breaks my heart that they have apparently succeeded in making EJ an acceptable citizen to some Days viewers.
Guess I am more resiliant.

Acceptable citizen? No way. I'm not completely forgiving myself. I just think there's more than just the evil genius thing happening. I'd rather him be more complex and harder to figure out than him cooking up plots and finding out weather or not they get foiled or are followed through. At what point does the Salem P.D. get enough evidence. I would be bored stiff if I had to watch EJ play cat and mouse for the next two years (as has happened in the past with others). Him walking around with his pinky up against the corner of his mouth. No thanks.

So, am not sure where you are coming from here.Me, I am plain and simple. I do not forgive EJ for anything he has done, and I do not trust him one iota.
So, he appears to be developing a concience of sorts......too little, too late, and not to be trusted.
Are we supposed to think he cares about Sami's baby? Heck, he kidnapped Sami, chloroforming her in the process, and delivered her to Tony. Sorry, too little,too late for him to have second thoughts and take Sami away. It is because of EJ that Sami's pregnancy has been put at risk time and time again.
And let me just say here, I am extremely disappointed in Sami's insistence on putting both herself and her baby in jeopardy.

Oh alright I'm weak. It's the twinkle in his eye. The curve of his smile. And the vanity in my eyes. My acceptance of his character is like when someone is in love with someone who is really bad for them. They can't wait to believe in their goodness. I'm thinking Days is banking on that, but apparently there's a lot of opposition. I'm not 100% for EJ either, but I enjoy not knowing for SURE. I love justice and happy endings in real life, but not in my soap opera. I like the thought of a slime ball coming to his senses. Not perfect, but better.
Sorry.

Good point, Poirot...why in the world would Sami put her baby at risk repeatedly...??? Maybe she believes it's EJ's and isn't all that concerned about it...?? I still think EJ is trying to prove to Stefano that he is worthy and he is so pitiful that he'll never figure out that Stefano only uses people, even family...hmmmm, like father like son....? The Dimeras are all worthless trash. They're not much different than the people on the Jerry Springer Show....they just dress better....

lol. Pallison. I got the impression he thinks his father has a conscience.

Good comparison, PAllison.
I can only repeat.....james E. Scott is a charming and handsome man. As an actor, I wish he would control the blinking, a minor point.
As a character, EJ Wells is scum, the mold that forms on food too long in the frig, the snake that would make Satan proud.
I can seperate the character from the actor. It seems that is hard to do for others.EJ is a vile,underhanded and not to be trusted man. he has proved that over and over. His little "saving" of Sami does not ring true, is fake, and false, IMO
I do not trust him for a second.

I've wondered a couple of times if EJ is "acting" like he's protecting Sami but it is all a part of the Dimera plan to control Sami to further their efforts to crush the Bradys. That's what EJ did when he first came to town so why would they hesitate to do it again...? I mean, each time Sami is in peril, someone from the Dimera entourage makes sure he knows it so that he can convienantly save her....and Tony left them in the room so they could escape...? Oh, off the subject, but why did EJ have to introduce Sami to Stefano...it's not like he doesn't know her...??? But anyway, EJ going against Tony and Stefano to save Sami just doesn't ring true....As far as that goes, Tony and Stefano trying to kill Sami goes against reason. That could be a Dimera she is carrying....that was the whole point of EJ coming to Salem.
To wrap this rambling mess up, I don't believe EJ is at odds with the Dimera...I believe the whole Sami protection thing could be a part of the Dimera plan....

No wiggle room, huh.
I liked his character when he first came on the show. I loved that he was Sami's "friend" and seemed to like just who she was. I was thinking, "oh, finally, someone who just might like Sami for who she was and love her fire." I was all for them getting together.
I used to want Sami and Lucas to work out, but I was so sick of him never sticking up for her and letting his mother get away with everything.
Nevertheless, EJ was just manipulating Sami and it all blew up. Truth be told, first impressions (and desires) are really strong. I was mad that they made him so bad. Sami needed a new start. Away from Kate, doubting Lucas, and the tsk tsk of the family. So I suppose I'm more willing than others to have some desire for "the redemption" of EJ, because it's were I thought the story should have gone in the first place.
As far as Lucas and Sami is concerned, Kate is out, Lucas is believing, and the family all seem so proud of her. What I wanted pre-EJ. I guess I'm torn.

PAllison, It kind of makes me think of when Tony tried to win Sami over by being sympathetic and buying her jewelery a few years ago. She bought it. Then he stomped all over her. History (especially, on soaps) repeats itself. Could be?

[size=medium][color=006600]Or could it be EJ has been so wrapped up in proving his worth to his father that he lost fact to the realization that this fetus is actually his baby...his flesh and blood, with the woman he is fasinated with????[/color][/size] :wine:

Lauren wrote:
Hmmm...Belle saying Philip makes her feel safe and comfortable and Shawn doesn't?
Do I feel another triangle coming?
This has been a triangle ever since Shawn eccaped from Jan. First Belle is with Philip and Shawn wants her back, then Shawn gets with Mimi, and Belle decides she wants Shawn back.

Could it be that you are looking at the dollars that Philip has access to and not his actual actions. Philip is a despicable person for the things he has done. While it was not written in the show, I believe that he put Jan up to her little trick, he certainly influenced Mimi to believe that she loved Shawn.

True Shawn has made some bad choices but make no mistake about he has suffered because of them. Philip is definitely Kate's son, he continues to shine like a star, when in fact he is a dull rock. I still don't understand why he had to even come back. Since he is back he should really use his resources to find his OWN child and raise it.

I could not be more pleased at the fact that Claire is Shawn's child. Every chance Belle gets she tells him she LOVES Shawn, she never said that to Shawn about Philip, she always saids she did not want to hurt him (Philip).

As far as being men goes, Philip does not hold a candle to Shawn, and never will. :kiss:

OMG...Stephano is totally playing them all?? It's amazing how these people are lying around almost dead and the next minute they're walking and drinking brandy or bourbon or whatever.

The s/l must be going somewhere. Looking forward to hearing more on the DiMera/Brady feud.

If the Kiriakis mansion is so big that Shawn and Belle can move into it without even running into Victor, then why didn't they live there when they were married instead of that loft?

if I remember correctly, Belle was already at the loft, and I think that Victor had kicked Philip out, and he needed a place to stay, and he basically manipulated Belle into letting him move into her loft.

I thought Philip was living across the hall from the loft with Shawn and Rex and when Shawn disappeared Mimi and Rex got closer and I think Mimi and Belle had a fight... Mimi moved in with Rex... and Philip ended up living with Belle as friends to start off then one thing led to another...I think thats how it happened....... :?:

Back