Today's show (Thurs., 11/5)

Sorry, I thought it was a spoiler in case people hadn't seen yet.

Still, your post contains nothing more than a comment about how funny Caroline was. Even if people hadn't seen the show, it wouldn't have been considered a spoiler anyway.

I was yelling "shut up, you old bat". Just because Bo returns that doesn't mean that Hope would have not gone through with the wedding. Caroline was a rude, obnoxious, selfish old witch who must not think that Bo really abandoned his wife and daughter. Hope should have told her not to bother coming to the wedding after she showed up at her house. Bo made me want to puke thinking that he was going to stop the wedding. I laughed when he got there too late!!!

What I have loved about Caroline through all this is that she had the courage to wear not only that horrid dress BUT, today, over her black pants,with the jeweled bag and the hospital gown.

Great fashion is alive and well in Salem!

PS: I still want Nicole's dress!

I can't explain it but I almost like that outfit she's wearing. I think that wardrobe ordered it, it came in at the last moment and was a couple sizes too big and there was no time to have alterations done. You know I think it's just the fabric that I like. I could use that in a quilt and it would be beautiful.

Is it not a coat? The fact that she had it on over her hospital gown and pants made me think it's actually been a coat this whole time.

As a mother, I can understand Caroline's actions. In her mind, Bo didn't abandon his family, because now her visions have been telling her he's been in harm's way. And even if he did, she loves him, she loves Hope and she doesn't want to see them apart. Seeing her face fall in that last scene today broke my heart, only because it was Caroline so sad. I'm just glad they've given her a good role in this story. I don't think the last writing regime would have.

What makes no sense to me is people like Victor, Roman, and Kayla brushing aside Caroline's concern about Bo and are not very patient with her and even chastising her about upsetting Hope on her wedding day. Forget the fact that this is Hope's ex-husband; these are his siblings and his parents and should want him back not only to reunite with Hope but to see his family and his kids.

As his mother, Caroline has every right to worry about Bo since he has been missing. It is also not out of the realm of possibility that Bo would come back some day because everyone knows he is alive out there somewhere and that Steve went looking for him. Everyone's reaction to Caroline would make more sense if everyone thought Bo was dead and she was imagining him calling.

I did like the fact that Shawn is resigned but not happy about Hope marrying Aiden, and even Ciara admitted today she still misses Bo. They want their mother to be happy but they still would like to see their father.

The thing is, Bo abandoned his family. Of course his family is concerned. But the fact about Caroline is, she was seeing visions of Shawn Sr. in that mirror. Thus her visions of Bo were put in that same category. (And since when did Bo & his mother have a psychic connection? ) The family was worried about her, that perhaps the new med had worn off, was no longer effective.

And remember that most thought Steve was on a wild goose chase.........and to tell the truth, while I admire the writers for just "doing it", the ease with which Steve found the places where Bo was held......just unbelievable. It was like they said, "who cares, let's get Steve down to Mexico, to the cell in a nano second". Done deal.

When it comes to the Bradys, everyone except Caroline, gets that Bo left his family of his own free will and then called several times to cancel on seeing them before completely going silent. Every Brady but Caroline gets that Hope not only was abandoned, but that she spent a lot of time on her own hurting before she began to move on.

Caroline's reactions and actions to Hope moving on are appalling. Sure Bo, is her son and she loves him no matter what, but she does know Bo did what he did and is lashing out at Hope because she won't accept that. And that not only hurts Hope, but it also hurts her grandchildren.

If Caroline was just pulling aside Victor, Kayla and Roman and telling them, without trying to disrupt the wedding, that would be just fine. But her interference has been just rotten. Hope tried to deal with it without being rude, but Caroline wouldn't stop. Caroline deserved it when Hope yelled at her and Hope is nothing less than a saint to still have kept the invitation to the wedding open to Caroline.

This entire storyline has been the weakest point of the new writing team (aside from Sami's EJ's alive, who cares about the loss of my eldest child).

Did they say EJ was alive?!? All I saw was the letter that EJ had sent in the event of his death, so Sami could find evidence to put Stefano away. Did I miss something?!

Back