Tony DiMera's mother Daphne DiMera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffee

Reaction score
From 1982 - 1084 Madlyn Rue played Daphne DiMera, Tony's mother. My memory is failing me here so I need some help.
- Soap Opera Central biography for Daphne says she was never married to Stefano, that she was with Stefano for so long she just took the DiMera name.

- Although in a You Tube Video "Daphne Tells Tony That Stefano Is Not His Father", 11-18-82, as Daphne is telling Tony of his true parentage she talks of her love for this other man who worked for Stefano and her relationship with this man for 30 years. During this conversation Tony makes a comment quote "but you divorced Stefano".

So you can see where I'm going....was Daphne actually married to Stefano at any time?

As far as I know, Daphne was the common law wife of Stefano, they never married. She had an affair with the gardener. And according to how Days presented further story, John found a letter Daphne wrote, wherein she told of having another affair, and fearing Stefano's wrath, she gave the child to her sister, who was the mother of Lawrence Alamain. The sister and her husband adopted John, gave him the name Forest, but Lawrence was very jealous, there was an incident in the family pool where Forest nearly drowned because of Lawrence, so the sister sent him to boarding school. Vivian knew all this. Eventually Stefano found out, and got hold of him.

When John got the letter, he & Tony got a DNA test which indeed, proved they were closely related. He also got the proof that he was related to Lawrence, but more distant. (Being his mother and Lawrence's mother were sisters.

Stefano was married to Vivian, and to Kate.

Which is why the whole Collen/Santo storyline was so ridiculous to neg that story. Especially when it was proven via DNA that John is an Alamain and no DNA was proven that he was a Brady/DiMera. I hope the new writers straighten the story out so us viewers can finally come to a conclusion, we are still wondering on that.

As far as I know, Daphne was the common law wife of Stefano, they never married. She had an affair with the gardener. And according to how Days presented further story, John found a letter Daphne wrote, wherein she told of having another affair, and fearing Stefano's wrath, she gave the child to her sister, who was the mother of Lawrence Alamain. The sister and her husband adopted John, gave him the name Forest, but Lawrence was very jealous, there was an incident in the family pool where Forest nearly drowned because of Lawrence, so the sister sent him to boarding school. Vivian knew all this. Eventually Stefano found out, and got hold of him.

When John got the letter, he & Tony got a DNA test which indeed, proved they were closely related. He also got the proof that he was related to Lawrence, but more distant. (Being his mother and Lawrence's mother were sisters.

Of course we now know that DNA tests don't really matter. Anyone could be switching the results (see Daniel/Chloe/Parker/EJ/Rafe/Nicole) or switching babies. Another thing is, when John and Tony actually got tested, wasn't it really Andre providing the sample? If it was, then yes, both of them would have DiMera DNA, John being Andre's uncle. It could turn out that John was actually Andre's father!(we never saw Andre's original face did we? His operation to make him look like Tony could've made him look much older than he really was) On the other hand, perhaps Ian MacCallister is the real Ryan Brady! Nothing's impossible.

Welcome to the board Rudolpho.

I wonder if you can trust any DNA test even outside of Salem

Writers change history a lot, and the bad thing is giving no explanation for why the previous history was "wrong". John & the rest of Salem took Colleen's word for it that the young man she "found" was the same one she left at the orphanage years before. There were no blood tests, no DNA testing, no nothing. And yet, everyone just accepted it.

And Stefano, who proclaims to "love family" so much, that it is all important and all that matters, has held John prisoner, tortured him, brainwashed him, gave him a ton of different identities, made him his pawn, etc. etc. I do not think Stefano would do all that to "family". Especially his "brother".
But the son of a woman who cheated on him.....Oh, I am betting he would. and not only that. When John was found to be an Alamain, Vivian VERIFIED the entire backstory. She knew it all, was a part of it.

She knew of the baby given by Daphne to Lawrence's mother, the adoption, the pool incident, sending the boy to boarding school, and also......she knew of Stefano taking him.

Tony was the son of Daphne...and so was John.Vivian verified the Alamain history. A lab (and no one knew the guys were having that done) verified the connection.

No one was ever able to verify the dying Colleen's story.

That is a fact.

The Colleen/Santo story was so strange. We probably shouldn't
say anything. John might get his blood tested and find out
he's someone else again.

The child was Lawrence Alamain whom Daphne gave to her sister. Colleen Brady got too sick to take care of John and gave him up for adoption to the Alamains.

That is a fact.

The Colleen/Santo story was so strange. We probably shouldn't
say anything. John might get his blood tested and find out
he's someone else again.
Colleen contact John when he was an adult and let
him know she was his mother. Colleen faked her death
to protect Shawn Brady from Stefano I think.

The child was Lawrence Alamain whom Daphne gave to her sister. Colleen Brady got too sick to take care of John and gave him up for adoption to the Alamains.

No, John was the child that Daphne gave to her sister and he was raised as Forrest Alamain. Then history was rewritten to say John was the child of Santo DiMera and Colleen Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back