Twitter week Oct 29

LOL, I tweeted Ron that not everyone was familiar with those two movies, & so were not able to enjoy the meaning behind some of what was shown. He liked my post, then replied with a reference to the 25 best horror films, with Rosemary's Baby as #2. LOLOL. So some fella asked how anyone gets to 2018 without seeing that movie, & a bit ago, I replied that some folks don't like horror movies, and nope, I don't ever want to see it. Ron tweets almost immediately, oh, you'll love it, Barb. LOLOL

He has another guess coming, for sure.

For me the disappointing part is that it's not James Scott (EJ).
I am getting tired of trying to keep track of who is who.
This soap is losing its appeal to me when they just keep changing major roles to other actors that my brain does not see as that character I've known to love or hate.
Biggest Example: Kristen Dimera.
TITB (the idiots that be) just might soon make me decide to stop being a fan of Days after all of the decades I've been watching them:sad:.

Last edited by a moderator:
In many cases though, it's the actor who has moved on and doesn't want to return, like James Scott as EJ. And in the case of Eileen Davidson (ex-Kristen/Susan), she was in a front burner storyline on Y&R when all of the new Kristen/Susan scenes were taped, so she couldn't hop back and forth between the two shows.

Then in my opinion they should not use the character.
I personally hate the switching of actors that have made the character their own. Just me.

I think the character is used because the audience is familiar with him/her, whereas a new character just doesn't always go over well, if intended for big story. Any show has no control over an actor's decision to move on to other things. Currently, Rex and Sarah are both on screen as known characters, but being played by different actors. They could have been named Dennis and Connie......been doctors who are newly hired at the hospital.......and viewers would not be interested at all. So what if Dennis had a one night stand with Mimi a year ago, who cares? Big deal, they are engaged. Don't know them, don't care.
I still remember when Rafe's mother and some family friend were brought on, and even despite being attached to a current character.......soon left town. Just no interest by the viewing public. No previous history. Not saying new characters don't work (Ted Laurent did...Jordan did not....until they attached her to Ben and Clyde appeared.) Depends.
Personally, for all that has happened to some characters over the years, they should all be in Bayview. And yes, just my opinion.

At least, Sami won't be running around the world looking for EJ. Hopefully,
she'll get him back to the kids.

Back