Twitter

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know many of you are on Twitter, some a lot, some not so much, (like me, rarely). But, is there not always a but.....I am really curious as to some info. I cannot do a poll on this, too varied.

Are you on twitter every day, ....constantly? Or just checking?
How much do you follow Days actors? (check there tweets, check who follows them, etc?)
How do you know immediately who is suddenly following Days actors?
Do you tweet to the actors?
Do you tweet any of our threads here?
Do you tweet while watching Days?
Do you read others' tweets who are doing the same?

And if you do, how are you watching if you are engrossed elsewhere, tweeting, texting, reading, etc?

Do you compliment actors on something?
Do you let actors know their CHARACTER has done something offensive or stupid, etc. ?

And finally....would you like us to have a forum where you could post interesting tweets related to Days?

Yes, on everyday checking tweets
Follow certain days actors
Yes I do send tweets to the actors and respond to their tweets
No never tweet any of the threads here
No I work so watch when I get home and only if actors I am interested in are on
Yes I compliment the actors
No I do not send them tweet when their characters do something offensive, I just send tweets to my followers if I don't like what a character is doing.
Having a forum for tweets would be interesting

The tweet forum would be good, because most of the Days info I post here comes from there.

I follow a few actors; I'll list character names because it is easier: Theresa (she's really funny), Brady, Eric, Nicole, Daniel, Hope, Will, Sonny, Sami, Abigail, JJ, EJ.

I don't tweet the actors about the show; I have replied to a couple of Jen Lilley (Theresa)'s tweets, and she always favorites them. She seems to pay the most attention to her fans there, which I think is awesome. Even if it takes a day or two, she always somehow acknowledges she's seen it.

Are you on twitter every day, ....constantly? Or just checking? It looks like I am because my comments on TVTag (formally Get Glue) post for me unless I uncheck Twitter
How much do you follow Days actors? (check there tweets, check who follows them, etc?) I follow a lot of people Days actors included
How do you know immediately who is suddenly following Days actors? I may not know immediately but it shows if who you follow is following that person...hope that makes sense
Do you tweet to the actors? Yes
Do you tweet any of our threads here? Not lately ...I may have
Do you tweet while watching Days? Sometimes I flip back and forth and try to tweet about both Days and GH lol
Do you read others' tweets who are doing the same? If they use TVTag

And if you do, how are you watching if you are engrossed elsewhere, tweeting, texting, reading, etc? Good Question its hard and I shouldn't do it I guess

Do you compliment actors on something? Yes
Do you let actors know their CHARACTER has done something offensive or stupid, etc. ? I have. I actually unfollowed one actress because of her uninterested-ness of her character she seemed to like her other projects better.. sigh...or gleefully talk of her baskets from a certain fan base :rolleyes: seemingly ignoring everyone else. Probably just me

And finally....would you like us to have a forum where you could post interesting tweets related to Days Sounds interesting especially if you have gotten a cool reply.

Are you on twitter every day, ....constantly? Or just checking? Back when I used to commute, I used to check religiously. I actually replaced my Wall St Journal subscription with twitter at one point as the info is in real time. Now that I'm much busier, I don't check my full feed but I will pull up specific accounts of interest. I also run a separate account for my business so I have to devote time to that too.
How much do you follow Days actors? (check there tweets, check who follows them, etc?) I follow the NBCDays account, Soaps.com, SOD, Michael Logan from TVGM, several Days fans, Sami, Rafe, EJ, Abigail, Jordan, Nick, Carrie, Ben. I'm very particular because I don't want my feed flooded with retweets and responses to other fans. I've followed Theresa on and off for this reason.
How do you know immediately who is suddenly following Days actors? If you check their Follows regularly, you'll notice a change.
Do you tweet to the actors? Yes. Sami actually got me on twitter back in 2009.
Do you tweet any of our threads here? No
Do you tweet while watching Days? Sometimes but I'm usually eating lunch
Do you read others' tweets who are doing the same? Yes--I like to read the hour ahead tweets sometimes

And if you do, how are you watching if you are engrossed elsewhere, tweeting, texting, reading, etc? I only eat or tweet but lately the show hasn't been that interesting:)

Do you compliment actors on something? Yes
Do you let actors know their CHARACTER has done something offensive or stupid, etc. ? No but my tweets have been retweeted to Sami and Rafe multiple times so they are aware of my dislike for Sami/EJ and Rafe's lack of storyline

And finally....would you like us to have a forum where you could post interesting tweets related to Days? Yes

I know we are interested in anonymity here but perhaps there is a way to create a private thread for those who want to share their twitter handles to connect with other posters here on twitter?

When you copy and paste the tweets, could you either delete your Twitter ID from them altogether or change it to your Spectator ID? Seems like it would just take a few extra key strokes.

:confused: I'm confused. I thought Poirot and Wayne had said on other occasions when people asked that there would be no private forums / threads on the Spectator ?

You are right, there won't be. This is an open site, but I do understand anyone not wanting their twitter name to be known if it is different.
I only ask these questions because I do not "tweet" per se, and only can access twitter from my computer, a desk top. I don't know all the lingo, or accounts, and when I HAVE said a compliment to an actor, I don't send it anywhere else. I just have no idea about hashtags, or their use. LOL Also, I never, ever shortcut a word.

I think I got replies from Casey Dietrich (just a thank you), one of the Days crew, someone else, once. Mostly, no one ever replies, tho I have been retweeted, and favorited several times. LOL But then, as I said, I rarely, rarely tweet. Mostly read. and that is not often, either.

Tweeters could list their Spectator ID in a thread such as this. Then other interested tweeters on the Spectator could send a "Conversation" to people they'd like to follow asking for their Twitter ID.
This way, their Twitter IDs wouldn't be connected to their Spectator IDs in the open for everyone on the internet to see.

It works since many of us have connected on Facebook by first asking through a "Conversation" for permission and Facebook ID.

Are you on twitter every day, ....constantly? Or just checking? I'm on between 11am-1pm CST reading tweets from people who tweet while they watch since I can't watch live.

How much do you follow Days actors? (check there tweets, check who follows them, etc?) I follow both DAYS accounts and maybe 7 actors (current & former) from the soap. I don't check their profiles so I don't know who follows them. I only see their tweets if they haven't gotten lost in my timeline.

How do you know immediately who is suddenly following Days actors? Someone else notices it and tweets about it lol.

Do you tweet to the actors? Yes, mainly Freddie Smith (Sonny), Guy Wilson (Will), Bryan Datillo (Lucas), Arianne Zucker (Nicole), Blake Berris (Nick) but only when they have amazing performances or I want to congratulate them...ie Emmy nominations.

Do you tweet any of our threads here? No. we can do that?!

Do you tweet while watching Days? No since I watch late in the evening. Will do it on the few days I'm off and able to watch live.

Do you read others' tweets who are doing the same? I don't tweet while viewing, but I mainly only follow people who are DAYS viewers, along with some who watch Castle, Dallas or Scandal. 100% of my tweets are about television and 100% of the people I follow watch one of the above shows.

And if you do, how are you watching if you are engrossed elsewhere, tweeting, texting, reading, etc?

Do you compliment actors on something? The only time I tweet actors is to compliment them on a performance (not daily because every performance isn't compliment worthy) and to offer congratulations or to say thank you. I sent a message to Blake Berris (Nick) on his last day airing and he "favorited" it. Although I've had tweets "favorited" by other actors, that one meant a lot to me because I adore Blake.

Do you let actors know their CHARACTER has done something offensive or stupid, etc. ? No. I may tweet about it using #DAYS but I don't include the actor personally.

And finally....would you like us to have a forum where you could post interesting tweets related to Days? Depends on what you consider interesting. I've seen something similar on other forums and they post "good morning" tweets and "look at my breakfast" tweets and "isn't the sky beautiful today" tweets.

When you copy and paste the tweets, could you either delete your Twitter ID from them altogether or change it to your Spectator ID? Seems like it would just take a few extra key strokes.

:confused: I'm confused. I thought Poirot and Wayne had said on other occasions when people asked that there would be no private forums / threads on the Spectator ?

I think Poirot was talking about posting interesting tweets from the actors or from accounts like Soap Opera Digest, TV Guide, or even Michael Fairman, who sometimes post "spoilers" or pictures that tell us something about an upcoming story line. I don't think she meant posting your personal tweets that would show your twitter ID.

I am not on twitter everyday. I only go if I want a little heads-up on Days since I have to watch the next morning. If I'm busy around showtime, I don't bother to go back and look at tweets. I just read the summary here since it's up by then. I've only been followed twice and those were spam selling some herbal diet concoction or something, lol. I follow a couple of people, maybe tweeted twice. As far as I know, no one has ever tweeted to me, except spam, lol.

I don't tweet. never have. can't say that I never will...but currently I have not. I do have a "twitter name" - only because I needed one to get on vine... vine is something I did a few times, it's much more fun.

what is strange to me... is that I get emails whenever someone decides to "follow my tweets"... and I am intrigued by the number of people willing to follow my twitter account, with which I have never tweeted. haha..really? Get a Facebook people! I have status on there.

I think Poirot was talking about posting interesting tweets from the actors or from accounts like Soap Opera Digest, TV Guide, or even Michael Fairman, who sometimes post "spoilers" or pictures that tell us something about an upcoming story line. I don't think she meant posting your personal tweets that would show your twitter ID.
I was responding to this part of Heather's post.
I know we are interested in anonymity here but perhaps there is a way to create a private thread for those who want to share their twitter handles to connect with other posters here on twitter?

I do not use twitter nor facebook. I felt such a weight lifted once I made the decision to delete my facebook account. I have however used twitter as a tool when giving a lecture about social media. It was kind of ironic that this is the topic I was given to discuss and teach about as I do not use twitter and this was the only time I used it. I had to train myself before talking about it.

At home, I often joke that this is my facebook. LOL!

I'm not sure why you're confused but I've never seen a question about a private forum before. So that is why I asked.

As I've said before, I'm a real dinosaur apparently. I don't tweet. Never have, don't think I ever will. I don't even know how it works, I don't understand it, I would not know where to start. All the mumbo jumbo used in tweets seems strange to me. I am bilingual but this, I don't understand at all.

I know many of you are on Twitter, some a lot, some not so much, (like me, rarely). But, is there not always a but.....I am really curious as to some info. I cannot do a poll on this, too varied.

Are you on twitter every day, ....constantly? Or just checking? I am on twitter every day when I watch Days, and I check my notices on weekends.
How much do you follow Days actors? (check there tweets, check who follows them, etc?) I follow a few but they don't tweet often. Kate Mansi (Abby), Bryan Datillo (Lucas). I stopped following Alison Sweeney (Sami) because...well I think you can guess!!!
How do you know immediately who is suddenly following Days actors? An alert comes up on the side, suggesting I follow someone those whom I follow now follow.
Do you tweet to the actors? Rarely but yes. Usually to compliment a terrific scene. NEVER to insult them or their character's action.
Do you tweet any of our threads here? No, but I could.
Do you tweet while watching Days? Absolutely!!! Though I tweet more when I can watch live.
Do you read others' tweets who are doing the same? Absolutely!! See below.

And if you do, how are you watching if you are engrossed elsewhere, tweeting, texting, reading, etc? Television/DVR. If I feel I missed something I re-watch or rewind (depending on if I want my rating to count or not). When I watch live I pretty much am ONLY tweeting/watching, because my channel shows Days :30 behind everyone else.

Do you compliment actors on something? Yes, when I think a performance was great or I'm glad they're back, e.g., Deidre Hall/Marlena, Kate Mansi/Abby, Drake Hogestyn/John
Do you let actors know their CHARACTER has done something offensive or stupid, etc. ? Never. But I do tweet @nbc_days and @stevekentsony.

And finally....would you like us to have a forum where you could post interesting tweets related to Days? I would LOVE that! I find twitter a great way to "commiserate" with other DAYS fans, and revel in its glorious moments. Then I come here for "overall" reflection. It gives me a nice balance.

I have replied to a couple of Jen Lilley (Theresa)'s tweets, and she always favorites them. She seems to pay the most attention to her fans there, which I think is awesome.

I follow her, too...and did before she joined the show. I remember feeling a little too giddy when she acknowledged my tweet. That was the first time a celebrity/star had done that. She definitely pays great attention to her fans.

...I don't know all the lingo, or accounts, and when I HAVE said a compliment to an actor, I don't send it anywhere else. I just have no idea about hashtags, or their use. LOL Also, I never, ever shortcut a word....
LOL!! I used to be driven insane by the abbreviations and short spellings - I got over that the more I tweeted, because 140 characters can be limiting!! Especially in replies!!

I also tweet about South Park, Dallas TNT/Dallas, General Hospital, and Crystal Chappell's web soaps. I don't mind publishing my twitter handle here but I'll put it in white in case it's against board rules to post it. » @JasonXHowe « I know I follow a few folks from here already.

Jason: I've been following you for a while now enjoy your tweets :)

What's cool about Jen Lilley(Theresa) is she has actually favorited tweets of mine that were not tweeted to her. So she must follow the #Days hashtag as well.

Ali Sweeney(Sami) has actually responded to me on both Twitter and Facebook more than once. But I think that ship has sailed.

Back