Two new storylines that I actually find interesting!

jgk

Reaction score
What a pleasant surprise. I think the storyline with Craig Wesley's being possibly bi is something new and different. And an issue that probably many people got through . Also, having TR come to Salem is something that I find interesting in that they are visiting another social issue, abuse.

Yes, I see your point and understand why this pleases you.
It's just that I think that Craig and Nancy are the wrong couple to use for this story line. They went through a lot to be together and have always adored each other. Trying to write Craig just going through the motions because he, consciously or subconsciously, wasn't really happy with Nancy. just doesn't fit the characters or their history.
Now with T.R., I'm interested to see how everything plays out, as long as they don't hurt Abe again.

To write a story of an older man finally admitting to himself (& others) that he is actually gay would have been a good story, with perhaps another character, not Craig. What about Rafe, or Philip, Roman.....
Craig & Nancy had an absolutely wonderful storyline back in the day, were beloved as a couple to the viewers...who were so happy they were finally being brought back. This turn of events just decimates their original love story.
Just my own thoughts & opinion...

And yes, I agree that spousal abuse is something not usually mentioned on soaps, so this looks to be interesting. (however, in the past, Nicole's father was guilty of abuse, ended up being shot & killed...... as was Steve's father. this was why Jo put Steve & Jack into the orphanage, keeping Adrienne with her, only to have him sexually abuse Adrienne, who ended up shooting him, Steve taking the blame, but she admitted it was her.

I hope they handle domestic abuse better than they handle sexual assault. Reron seems to think that any kind of abuse can be swept away and ignored. A lot of what Paulina is today, is a result of her abuse at the hands of TR. I can totally understand why she wanted to protect Lani. I wish someone had protected me.

My mom was for many years an advocate/social worker for victims of domestic violence and assault, and says unfortunately many cops these days still say the same thing. Luckily it seems as though the overall situation has improved a bit since then, in terms of them "getting involved."

I have no faith that Re-Ron will properly address this issue...but it isn't just him. The writers never really had victims such as Sami, Austin, Eric, etc go through the motions of trauma that comes after. It seems like they touched up a bit more on it with Ciara and Allie, although I wasn't watching at the time so I'm not totally sure how that was handled.

Soapkitty, I am a survivor of multiple abuse. My mother did not protect me from my brother because (in my educated opinion) she could not stand to think of anyone finding out what my brother was doing to me. He groped and grabbed and ripped my clothes off. I couldn't take a bath without him bursting into the bathroom. If I fought back, I got in trouble. My mother said I was older so I should know better than to hit my younger brother. I was also emotionally and physically abused by her. I realize now, after a lot of therapy, she was mentally ill. Possibly bi-polar. I will never know.

The whole point of this is that I know, firsthand, what abuse of any kind can do to a person. I have always found Days lacking in compassion for victims of abuse. Sami is still a victim because (just my opinion) she declares undying love for her rapist. He still has a hold on her soul. Paulina, misguided though she may be, is trying to protect her daughter.

Soapkitty, my son-in-law is a police officer. He told me that what happened to me is considered sexual assault because it was against my will. Any unwanted touch can be considered assault, I assume.

Thanks for listening to my rant! I would really like the women on Days to be portrayed as strong, independent women who don't chase after men who do not want them. I would like to see rapists and other criminals punished. I would like to see the victims being turned into survivors!

To write a story of an older man finally admitting to himself (& others) that he is actually gay would have been a good story, with perhaps another character, not Craig. What about Rafe, or Philip, Roman.....
Craig & Nancy had an absolutely wonderful storyline back in the day, were beloved as a couple to the viewers...who were so happy they were finally being brought back. This turn of events just decimates their original love story.
Just my own thoughts & opinion...

And yes, I agree that spousal abuse is something not usually mentioned on soaps, so this looks to be interesting. (however, in the past, Nicole's father was guilty of abuse, ended up being shot & killed...... as was Steve's father. this was why Jo put Steve & Jack into the orphanage, keeping Adrienne with her, only to have him sexually abuse Adrienne, who ended up shooting him, Steve taking the blame, but she admitted it was her.
I'm with you, Poirot. I just don't know Craig and Nancy well enough to be invested in what could be a good, realistic plot line. To me, Craig is just the guy who was willing to pull plug on comatose Chloe and Nancy is the smart mouth who traded snark with Nicole. The writers should either have given the viewers a good reintroduction to this couple or used some other, far more familiar man.

I wonder how long Craig and Nancy will be in town. I totally agree that there should have been a reintroduction to this couple (and a much better wig for Nancy). It seems like this could be an interesting story, if written and acted well, but it's hard to tell if you want to invest in this couple if they aren't going to be around long. I hate when they do that to new TV shows, too.

@LisaK in AZ , I also was wondering if that was a wig on Nancy, especially those first few days after her arrival. It looked like curled wool, or some such thing to me. Very odd seeing as they have hair stylists on the Days set who I'm thinking could have done a much better job. With a wig, they wouldn't even need too much contact with the wearer. Covid safe.

@LisaK in AZ , I also was wondering if that was a wig on Nancy, especially those first few days after her arrival. It looked like curled wool, or some such thing to me. Very odd seeing as they have hair stylists on the Days set who I'm thinking could have done a much better job. With a wig, they wouldn't even need too much contact with the wearer. Covid safe.
About the awful wig I’m wondering if she’s going to have a makeover after ending it with Craig and the wig comes off? Otherwise I can’t imagine why they would put that hideous wig on her!

I hate this Craig story because I don't find it groundbreaking at all. This is 2022 not 1990 when we had these sorts of stories on Oprah. We had a Governor already do this story. I just really hate the cheating aspect of everything on this show. If Craig very suddenly decided he was attracted to men he should have dealt with that before cheating. If he's had these feelings forever he again should have dealt with this without cheating.

This does a disservice to the entire issue. I wouldn't have cared quite so much if he found himself attracted to someone and he decided to confront everything head on, although I hate them changing the couple. And today he was snappy with Nancy at the square because of the chowder. Um just no.

To me, the fact they brought Craig and Nancy back for this story cheapens it. It makes it feel like they A) are ruining a couple who hasn’t been onscreen in ages just to play out this plot when it could have been made more relevant for a current on screen person.

Actually, Brady being gay would work. He could explain his constant need to be hooked up with a woman as a way to hide his true feelings. Philip desperate to get back with Chloe could be explained the same way although I'd skip him going crazy. I sort of like that one the more I think about it. What we have here is so random, not to mention I was hoping they were going to bring some humor to the show.

Back