Update on my tests (etc.)

the look of love

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't let you all know what is going on. First, thanks for your prayers, we were blessed that a friend drove us to the city in November. I have since had most of my tests done in Columbia since it is about 50 miles closer!! (and our friend is in Florida for the winter)

At this point they think I do have Ocular pharyngeal dystrophy or possibly myasthenia gravis. I go this Friday for all the test results. Then I will have a muscle biopsy, to get the final diagnosis.

I know that God is with me and the doctors as I walk this path.
So I still need my cyber brothers and sisters to keep the prayers going for me and my husband, as this is tough on him as well. Thanks :hug:

Doesn't Columbia have this huge medical complex? It is a fantastic place. It sounds as though you really had some very thorough testing, which is great. What a wonderful friend to have driven all that way for you.
Am glad you will be getting results soon, and thus will know the next steps to be taken. Still praying.

The diagnosis is ocular pharyngeal dystrophy. I go to eye clinic in February. They will then schedule eye surgery to lift my eyelids. After that I can get new glasses. I am drinking Boost to increase my weight and protein levels. If I can't, then they are talking feeding tube. So at least I know what to expect in the near future. Still it could be a lot worse. I can still eat just need extra protein by the tube.

I have found some high protein smoothie recipes (dietitian said to do smoothies). I found a couple on Google; one was Oreo cookie,:) pretty good. If you all have any recipes for something like that I would like to try them
I can't thank my cyber family enough for your prayers and support. :hug:

High Protein..... Um let me see now... oh yes. P Nut Butter in Celery... oh now that is a snack worth sitting up and taking notice about... All the luck in the world, and prayers galore. I will have you up there with the other pressing incidents, and He knows whom He is needed by, and will be there for you sweetie. He, my loving Lord and Savior is never too busy to have all the time you or I or whom ever will need, and will always be there for us, and never forsake us... Good Luck my dear....... Peanut Butter.... I live on it almost. Well that and the Love of our Lord and Savior.

God watches us.jpg

I just wanted to let you know I have eyelid lift tomorrow (4/7) and according to my primary care doctor I have gained 5-1/2 lbs :). The funny thing is Carl and my 48th wedding anniversary is the 8th So he HAS to pamper me :rotfl:
Thanks for all your prayers. As soon as I can I will let you know how the surgery went. :hug:

Back