Valerie Grant

craigandnancywithdraw

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any casting news on Valerie Grant? Is that supposedly Lani's mother? Also, wouldn't it be awesome if they cast the actress who played Lexie or original Celeste in the role! That way we get a familiar face in a different role!! I loved Renee Jones (Lexie) and Tanya Boyd (Celeste)!! Just wondering why they are keeping the casting of this character a secret!! Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jgk
So far, there has been no news, and being that Days films so far in advance, they usually keep any casting news to themselves until it gets closer to airing dates. Renee Jones wanted to retire from acting completely, so I doubt they would be able to talk her into returning.

I believe Valerie Grant was dating Julie's son when last on the show. It was before I began watching.

Has anyone heard any casting news on Valerie Grant? Is that supposedly Lani's mother?
No, Valerie Grant isn't Lani's mother. Valerie was a doctor who was involved with David, Julie's son.

Lani's mother is Tamara Price, played by singer Marilyn McCoo in the 80's. Here she is singing at Marlena and Roman's (John) wedding:

0850cf489698856ddea96c4b9d16adb9.jpg

Back