SPOILER !! Week April 2

Lani gives Val a hard time for her part in the "reveal" of her paternity? Huh? Lani was going to abort, because the baby wasn't JJ's, only changed her mind when JJ accidentally found out, and just how long did she think her "secret" would last? This "late arriving" baby would actually be full term, and no insistence on c-section, or drugs to induce labor would be advised at all.

So, what did Val have to do with Lani having sex with Eli? That is what Lani blurted out at the trial. That is not Val's fault, and it would have come out whether Eli knew about the baby or not. And because it would come out, and the baby arrives way later than expected, it all would hit the fan at some point.
:clap::clap::clap:Lani is a typical Salemite -- blaming others for the ramifications of her own behavior.

Monday April 2:
Abe is angry with Valerie, while Eli apologizes to JJ. [He's angry at Dr. Grant? Is Abe one of those parents who thinks that his child can do no wrong?]

Tuesday April 3:
Steve adjusts to life without his sight. [A blind Steve can still "see" far better than the typically clueless Salemite.]

Thursday April 5:
Steve meets Stefan for the first time and has a stern warning for him. [The New DiMera Guy had better watch out. He's finally met the Salem A-team.]
Jennifer and Eric share a romantic night. [The writers can stick these two in a room overnight, but it doesn't add up to romance.]
Leo has stunning news for Sonny. [What's this, the Salem Big Boy is having a two-for-one sale on its burgers?]
Vivian takes the next step in her plan to bring down her enemies. [After the ignominious way Vivian's war against Victor ended the last time around, it's hard to believe that she's got a winning formula this time.]

Agree about Vivian. Don't know why she is mad at Salemites, but obviously feels she was "done wrong", so seems she might be acting without even Stefan knowing what she is up to???

Vivian isn't mad at all Salemites, just the Kiriakises, because Victor rebuffed her advances. Who could forget "My eyes!" lol

So regarding Leo and Sonny, a friend from Facebook told me it was actually a huge bombshell he throws on Sonny. So I am going to throw in a speculation. Since writing wise, in order to make up an entire history of a new character can take time, I have a feeling Leo is related to a Salemite. More than likely, someone who is a enemy of the Kiriakis family. Gay Romeo and Juliet perhaps?

Something just crossed my mind. Lani made sure to mention to JJ today about Valerie sneaking in her medical records on how she found out the truth about the baby in the first place. With Lani going after Valerie and blaming her for everything, I can actually see Lani getting revenge on Valerie by getting her fired at the hospital!

Well, she certainly will be causing a problem between Val & Abe. Yes, it was very wrong of Val to look at records, just as it was wrong of Jennifer.

But Kayla has to assume some fault for continually leaving her desk with patients' files on them for anyone to read. Then again, Salem Hospital is way behind the times, even having those folders available for the world to read, when most hospitals have them secured in computer programs.
However, even so, I don't know what is to prevent hospital personnel from accessing any file. Which lets out Val, but not Jennifer.

For what it's worth, Kayla would actually be penalized at my hospital for her carelessness. Perhaps not with Val, but DEFINITELY with the breach re: Jennifer.

Also most medical record systems have checks in place that flag if a relative or neighbour's record (or one's own) is accessed. So I can't look at my own records in the system, I have to go through the medical records department.

Now, there's no way that Val's checking Lani's record would have flagged. But there would be a record of her looking at it, if the hospital had an e-record system. (But again, Val could just invent a reason that it was accessed, like she entered the wrong Medical History Number. Plausible deniability.)

With what we've been shown, Val could plausibly claim she just made a guess (after all anyone with 1 working brain cell could have figured it out) and Lani cracked like a walnut. Lani doesn't have a sterling reputation for the truth. There would likely be an HR note in Val's file. But I can almost guarantee that nothing like that would happen ever again, so it would be filed in the dustbin of history.

Back