SPOILER !! Week Feb 15

Capture.JPG
Laura died last week. Did they have the stone made up already just had to carve out the date? What would have happened if she died in Boston?

How did they dig the grave with the ground frozen? But not too frozen that people can't sit or kneel on it?

Why did Gwen feel the need to speak with Laura? She wasn't her grandmother. Just to apologize for killing her?

So many questions.

It always makes me laugh when soaps, TV shows or movies have a headstone at the funeral with the name and date already on it. I can buy having a headstone with a name already, if someone pre-arranged it, but not the date.

The headstone was already covered in snow and the grave itself was not freshly dug. My mother passed away during the winter in New England. The ground was frozen solid so she was put in a crypt until the ground thawed. There is no way a grave could have been dug in that snow covered frozen ground. My daughter is a funeral director so I've had expert advice on this one!

Hey, at least they finally have snow! I mean, winters in Salem have not not seen snow in years!

As I noted, the writers do take liberties. But, tho this was many years ago, my mom had passed and was buried middle of January here in the midwest. I do not know how that grave was dug, unless the cemetery had several sites dug to be "ready" which is possible. However, the headstone did not get put on til May. And yes, some folks have their headstones already engraved, site is chosen, but definitely, no dates.

That said, I also am looking to see what the ladies are wearing on their feet...Boots, plain shoes, spike heels??? I mean lots of snow there, right?

Back