SPOILER !! Week Jan 14

but Rafe has to be gone from town so that Hope is without husband, and perhaps, tempted in some manner?

Of course. Because the "writers" can't write anything except cheap drama for couples. One has to take a trip, the other has to jump in bed with someone else. I mean, we all know couples have to be together 24/7 to avoid temptation, right? :sarcasm: I can't tell you how hard it was for me when my husband used to travel one week per month for his work. And this lasted almost two years. The numbers of opportunities I got, wow! :sarcasm:

Seriously, though, I used to be behind a pairing for Hope and Rafe, but now, I actually want Hope to cheat on him so he wakes up and walks away from the harpy she has become. But of course, if Hope does cheat, it will somehow be Rafe's fault. :angry:

LOL, of course, Writer......he went to Sami.......tsk, tsk.
Jason, I agree...Eve was written out as well, now is back. John & Marlena have both been gone for a couple weeks now. They had their front and center storyline, seen quite often, and have to "take a rest". Same for Rafe, Ciara. After all Xander & Jack are back, and it does seem this headwriter like to focus on 1 or 2 stories for a while, then switch. Also, there is the job of putting Chad & Abby back together, so Salem can wish them well when they leave town.

Oh, for cryin' out loud.......the soap mag says.......Rex asks Eric to let him stay in his apt., Eric ends up agreeing, Sarah gets mad and runs out, back to Kmansion, sees Xander, knows who he is, lets Eric know. Eric comes storming over, but Sarah manages to make him realize it would not be good for him to get into it with Xander.

Rex wants Sarah back, talks Eric into helping him, Eric pleads Rex's case, she end up going out with them both. Rex manages to get Sarah alone, begs her for 2nd chance. She agrees only if he tells her truth about that "other woman" he slept with. Hold on to your seats folks, as Rex agrees, tells her it was her half-sister, Noel Curtis. (Sheesh!) she is furious, tells him to get lost, starts drinking, comes on to Eric, planting a big juicy kiss on him. He is kissing her back.......well, who knows thereafter.

But meanwhile, JJ is trying to get Haley to tell him her secret, but she clams up tight. Nope, no dice, won't tell him. But, she has a session with Dr. Marlena, who would not be able to tell, and unloads her secret. She is an undocumented immigrant.

There's got to be a story with Rex and Noel Curtis! Did he know? Did he not know? If he didn't know. how did he find out? Does this mean Noel will show up to complicate things even more? It's going to be an interesting year!

Yep, wondered that as well. However, in the writers' minds....will cause angst for Hope since it is Sami, but Rafe has to be gone from town so that Hope is without husband, and perhaps, tempted in some manner? Whatever, it would seem they want her without a husband or rescuer.

Tempted with Ted???:sarcasm::confused:

Can someone give us some background information on Noel Curtis?
Not much to tell. She left Salem as a child. She's the daughter of Liz Chandler Curtis and Neil Curtis. She was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes when she was a toddler. The second child actor to play Noel was Samantha Barrows (2nd picture). That actress came back as a teen and was one of the random kids at the Last Blast dance (the girl in blue), named Heather. But as to Noel, she left town when Liz did, as a little girl. Noel is two years younger than Sarah.

noelleneilliz84cal.jpg
samthankyou.gif
samanthalb5parkinglot.jpg

Little Noel was the flower girl at Justin and Adrienne's wedding:

Days-of-Our-Lives-3.jpg

Noel Curtis, is daughter of Dr. Neil Curtis & Liz Chandler. Born 1983. Liz & Neil divorced, Noel spent 6 mos of year with mother, 6 mos with father. Last we saw/heard of her, she was little girl. Was last in Salem in July of '89, left town with her mom. Not much one can say about her, nothing since then........as both Liz, and Neil, have been gone from Salem forever. However, the character was created by Sheri Anderson......who currently is with Days. :)

The writers are digging deep. There are really no couples in the pure sense of the word in Salem with the exception of Julie and Doug. The forever couple.
Writers are confused and spinning the couples like a merry-go-round without the merry. Round and round it goes with no stop. Get a grip, writers. :beat: :whack:

I read so many complaints here about how the Salemites hardly, if ever, mention other members of their families. Here's a chance to remedy that, somewhat. I don't see a problem with it.

hmm. at first... I was all ... ewwwww, no... not Xander and Sarah.... but then. I really really dislike her pairing with Eric. so... then I was like... heck yes! Xander can have the the little tramp. (The actress is fantastic and beautiful and I love her...but the character of Sarah is a tramp. just to be clear)

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post - JS

Step Cousins?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bother, since they are not blood related at all.
heck, A family I knew back in Illinois was like the Brady Bunch.....woman with 3 sons married man with 3 daughters. All were kids, grew up. One of her sons married one of his daughters. They were NOT blood related, and while it was odd.......it happens!

Not saying it doesn't happen, because it does. Just nice when "family" is recognized on the soaps, even if it is via step-connections.

Back when Charlotte Ross played Eve, she had a warm relationship with the Bradys as her step-family. She was especially fond of the little ones. But it's never mentioned now. When this version of Eve interacted with Eric, it was like they had never met before.

Although with Xander and Sarah, they have no prior relationship; have never even met before.

At least with Eric and Sarah (who aren't related in any manner), a comment was made about them playing together as kids, which actually happened, and was a nice nod to history.

This is a great video someone made.

This is the Days promo lady

I wonder if Galen Gering (Rafe) was on vacation, so they wrote in this trip for Rafe? But couldn't they have said he went to see Mami for something?

I read something about him being close to exhausting his guarantee for the year. Hard to believe though as he seems to have been on the backburner for a while now. I suppose the same could be the case with Victoria Konefal(Ciara) though I do remember her in Europe at some point last year when the show wasn't dark.

Back