SPOILER !! Week July 17

You’re so right JS. Even if Peter Reckell (Bo) doesn’t want to return for a long stay, Bo could have dropped in for a few weeks, staged a few illegal searches, and intimidated some suspects to solve the Abe case. He’d have been a lot more help to Rafe and Jada than Kristen-loving Lani.

Thursday, July 20th:
Eric and Sloan take a big step.

grey-cat-vomit-puke-pbhddaq2voc7xqix.webp

Last edited:
Are Eric and Sloan going to get married? I still have a hard time thinking of a man who's chosen to be a Catholic priest TWICE deciding to have a baby with Sloan and not get married first. A baby with someone is a bigger commitment than marriage, so if someone like that wants to co-parent, why not get hitched? It's one thing if you just don't believe in marriage, which some people don't, or the pregnancy is unplanned, but that's not Eric and that's not this situation.

I'm really hoping Leo does Gwen a solid and spills the beans. She will be upset, but it's still early. She'll realize she's been ridiculous, and they can scheme to steal the Von Leuschner money. They can even agree to both sleep with Dmitri, using him for his body and his money. That's low, but these two are not above some shady behavior and Dmitri isn't an innocent. Maybe they even get competitive or they get jealous over time, all while Dmitri has no idea. That's a WAY more satisfying plot than if Leo keeps sleeping with her fiance then husband behind her back.

They've gone through a lot of trouble to establish Leo and Gwen's imperfect but genuine friendship, so it makes ZERO sense for him to be so taken with his lust that he would do this to Gwen over a long period of time. Once when Gwen has only known Dmitri for ten minutes, Leo might explain away. But keeping all these secrets from her and sleeping with Dmitri again and again? Low down trash behavior that's beneath even what we know of Leo (and that's saying something). I'm tired of the writers flipping relationships on a dime.

I just hope that it's Leo that spills the beans; however, I have a feeling it's going to be the demon spawn of Kristen that does that. What's ironic is that if Dimitri had just hooked up with Leo initially and explained that he was attracted to him, but that he was required to marry a female, in order to get all of the inheritance, it wouldn't have been far-fetched for Leo to bring in Gwen to the caper, so that she could "marry" Dimitri, and then Dimitri and Leo could carry on, on the sly, and all three could divide up the money.

Let Dimitri have the power. I don't think Gwen and Leo really care about any of that. That way everyone gets to have their cake and eat it too, and no one has to get hurt. The three of them could also take the money and stage a coup over DiMera Enterprises. They could oust all of the other DiMeras. Clean house, drain the swamp of sorts, get some new blood in there. Or put Johnny in charge, and bring in Wendy into a more prominent position within the company.

Here lately, it seems like TPTB want this show to fail. It seems like the only couples that are truly happy are Justin and Bonnie, Chad and Stephanie (although it seems that the writers are preparing to put a possible wedge between them with Alex moving into the apartment right across the hall from them), and perhaps Rafe and Jada (if that holds up once Shawn D blows that secret out of the water, in public, at the station).

We know that Gabi is leaving in the fall sometime (or her portrayer is), so we can pretty much see that couple ending soon. EJ and Nicole are surely headed for a break up if the baby isn't actually his. Is ANY couple permitted to be happy for a reasonable amount of time, other than Doug and Julie??? I mean, it's ok for couples to have struggles. That's normal in any relationship, but is it really necessary to have all of the rapid succession bed-hopping? It's a wonder that everyone in Salem doesn't have some sort of STD.

Last edited:
Spoilers from https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/07/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-july-17-21.html

Monday, July 17, 2023
Rafe and Paulina become concerned when Lani is a no-show.
Steve and John break into Jerry’s apartment.
Brady rips up the custody agreement.
Belle and Jada connect over the search for Rachel.

Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Kristen tells Belle that Brady threatened her.
Brady’s on the spot when Jada questions him.
Li is surprised when Gabi shows up.
A guilty Leo returns home to Gwen.

Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Stefan tells Gabi that he has agreed to a truce with EJ.
Li and Melinda are irked.
Maggie walks in on Justin and Bonnie talking about keeping Sarah’s secret.
Alex has news for Chad and Stephanie.

Thursday, July 20, 2023
Melinda and Li discover common ground.
Wendy is surprised when Tripp shows up.
Johnny fills Rafe in on Wendy dumping him.
Talia and Johnny cross paths.
Eric and Sloan take a big step.

Friday, July 21, 2023
Kate comes to check on Paulina.
Rafe and Jada redouble their efforts to find Lani.
Steve and John receive shocking news.
Marlena shares with Kayla that Whitley was a patient of hers.

Lani is missing. Did Whitley take her too? Lani has a ankle monitor, shouldn't it be
easy to find her unless Whitley did something to it?

Boo hoo, Johnny got dumped by Wendy.

Leo finally gets home. It must be a very long Salem day.

Will Rachel be found after Brady tore up the custody agreement?

Lani is a no show. Hopefully, there won’t be a serious search. No Lani is always a plus.

Melinda is irked. Again? Melinda better lighten up before she gives herself an ulcer.

Johnny tells Rafe about Wendy dumping him. With all the problems that Rafe has, does he really have time to listen to this nonsense?

I must say that Salem PD did a marvelous job investigating Abe's disappearance.....They didn't bother to disturb any stone. The last person to see Abe's story was believed as gospel..... no checks to see if anyone's story checked out..... amazing.... But it should be better now that the acting mayor has removed all of the detectives and the commissioner...

Best news yet that Stefan-0 has come to grips/grasp/terms with EJ.... Lordy I hope we get to see all of that amazing conversation and action around DiMera enterprises..... and has anyone told the brain trust at DiMera that Chad has gone to work for Titan???

anticipation......

Back