SPOILER !! Week June 20

Spoilers from https://www.soapoperanews.net/2022/06/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-for-week-of_17.html

Monday, June 20, 2022
Paulina and her loved ones celebrate when she’s released on bail.
Guilt-ridden Lani has visions of TR.
Sarah attacks Nicole
Ava demands answers from Gwen.

Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Abe and Paulina decide to marry in conjunction with Salem’s first-ever commemoration of the Juneteenth holiday.
Johnny offers his services to Chanel.
Lani is pushed to the brink.
Theo and Olivia arrive for the wedding.

Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Abe and Paulina’s celebration is rocked by a stunning reveal.
Julie devises a plan to save the day.
Nicole and Eric share a close moment.
Johnny and Allie bicker over Chanel.

Thursday, June 23, 2022
Sami returns to Salem
Leo makes a deal with Clyde.
EJ offers Chad his support.
Ciara is concerned as Jan and Shawn grow closer.

Friday, June 24, 2022
Sami questions Lucas’s odd behavior.
Shawn drives Belle straight into EJ’s arms.
Chloe and Brady have a tense encounter with Leo.
Bonnie and Victor find common ground.

Heck, anyone and everyone in Salem seems to be able to perform marriages. They get the o.k. via e-mail.

As to Eric, having received Holy Orders (a sacrament), it cannot be taken away from him, just like Baptism, etc. However, I do believe his ability to perform various rites of the church (such as Baptism) was taken away when he was defrocked. But, as I said, many Salemites have performed weddings....Seems it is very easy to get the JP ability.

A few years ago, a family member got married with no officiant since their state allows something called a self-uniting marriage license. Apparently all that is needed are 2 witnesses to sign the marriage certificate. Was odd to see the pictures and videos with no minister/magistrate/etc.

I remember a couple, cannot remember why it was they could not get legally married, so they went to church, which was empty, and recited solemn vows to each other, "in front of God", they felt, exchanged rings. This was many years ago, I am sure before the changing and relaxing of many of the roadblocks that were present back then.

Back