SPOILER !! Week June 29

I wish soaps wouldn't portray sexual violence against women and not carry through..... almost every woman in Salem has been a victim of forced sexual attack in one way or another..... then two days later they are fine..... never bothers them..... wondering when my two days will be up??

It is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination. As you know, it affects our entire life. We cannot erase what happened. We never fully recover; we learn coping skills and sometimes they don't work. I fear for young girls watching this. They are being fed the idea that it's nothing to worry about. I am so afraid that these types of stories are creating victims rather than survivors.

Yes, sexual assaults and rapes happen. Days should advocate for the victims and show that there is help and it is NOT THEIR FAULT! Days should show that the road to recovery is long and hard but there is light and hope to accompany that journey. Days should show that the perpetrators are going to be punished, not the victim.

Sorry for the rant but seeing that there are a number of survivors on this board I want you all to know you are not alone. Please know that the portrayal of sexual violence on Days is not realistic by any means. If anyone needs to talk, I am here. Peace, Love, and Courage!

Hmmm, just read that Ivan (Viv's loyal friend/servant) will be making a visit. The plot thickens. Is Jake a twin of Stefan's? Did Ivan keep that info from Viv, and give both away? Or is he just gonna be around to aid Madame in her latest evil plot?

I know Kate Mansi is not returning as Abby, instead we will be seeing Marci Miller in the role again.

The Writer, as a survivor of sexual assault, I am disgusted with the way it is treated on Days. Jake grabbing Gwen and forcing her into a kiss is assault. Sexual assault does not have to involve rape as most people think. It cheapens all the work I have done to be able to call myself a survivor. It was a long journey from victim to survivor and I am proud of what I have accomplished. I wish Days could treat it in a more realistic manner and show the struggles of the victim and punishment of the perpetrator.

I totally agree with you; also a survivor!

How do I put this in writing after 52 years. He had been in the Army and we dated 9 months before he was discharged February 1968. I'm a survivor of date rape from March 1968, when you just kept it to yourself. The guilt was overwhelming, but I continued the relationship and married him a year later. This horrible marriage lasted 25 years and having a daughter and a son that I dearly love. I never spoke of what happened until the last couple of years, since my ex-husband died in 2018 from Alzheimer's and COPD. He would never have admitted to doing this. His "love" for me was control, not true love. I have survived with many lessons learned. My situation is a lot like on DOOL.

Maven, I am so sorry for what happened to you. Things were so different back then, Rape has nothing to do with sex or love. It is about power and control. My brother was the one who assaulted me. He would jump out from doorways and grab my breasts or try to pull my pants down, I was constantly groped and grabbed and he would throw the bathroom door open and stand there so I couldn't move. My mother was mainly concerned about what people would think about her so she just let it happen. I have had a lot of therapy but I am still haunted; as much by what happened as well as my mother's refusal to help. It's not to late for you to get some help and learn how to cope with what happened. Remember, we are strong women and we are survivors!

Poirot, I want to apologize and thank you. I feel like I have hijacked this thread without meaning to. I want to thank you for allowing those of us affected by sexual violence to reach out to each other in a safe and caring environment. It is such a difficult topic and to watch Days treat it so lightly is disturbing. We watched Sami fall in love with her rapist and wonder what is wrong with us because we are suffering from the effects of our assaults.

This board is great and all the members are awesome. Your support means everything to those of us who have dealt and are dealing with this horrible part of our lives. Thank you and please forgive me for veering off course!

Back