SPOILER !! Week Sept 11

I sort of figured she might have offered to return. I was always moved by the scene they showed today and I thought she probably loved working with him.

I'm torn on how this is playing out now. I'd hoped at least that the actress was going to go home or whatever and then get replaced. Not sure what to make of them planning for 12 weeks. I assume that means at some point they expected her to leave and we'd get drama on the exit. Then maybe they rethought that but who knows. And I'm sorry but all of this time on Gwen and her story and now she's an idiot and then she's gone and the actress is someone new? Ridiculous.

I've always been partial to this character I think because of the way they treated her initially. JJ like Abigail was the sainted kid while Theresa was the worst person ever dragging him down. Even Rory didn't get treated like that. :) And she was a properly done transformation until of course the actress wanted to leave.

Who gets shot by whom?

Some SPECULATION, NOT A SPOILER

EJ shoots Ava?
Kristen shoots Theresa?
Shawn shoots someone?
Other potential victims, Maggie, Chloe, Xander?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady gives Alex his blessing.
Brady gives Alex his blessing for what exactly? Instead of pining after Stephanie is he (Alex) now going to set his sights on Theresa?

If Jen Lilley (Theresa) was staying and not being recast I'd say no way. I like Eric Martsolf (Brady) and Jen Lilley (Theresa) working together. I get the feeling they have a friendship off camera like Stephen Nichols (Patch) and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) have. Watching Jen Lilley these past two days makes me wish she was staying on or perhaps will consider coming back on a regular basis after her other obligations (previous acting contracts) are over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Jen Lilley (Theresa) today myself and if she were staying I'd want her back with Brady right now. Since she isn't staying I'd rather they just stick Gwen with Brady and skip the entire recasting idea.

Gwen and Brady would be great except we’d end up with a quadrangle of characters making eyes at each other. These writers can’t let characters move on from past loves. Heck, we had Nicole pining about first love yesterday like she was 15 instead of 50.

Brady: Who are you today?

Gwen/Theresa: Oh, come on Brady. Can't you get it right? If I have a British accent, why then I'm Gwen. If I have an American accent, then I'm Theresa. It's a no-brainer Brady, so this should be easy even for you!

I'm surprised (being sarcastic) that they didn't ask Abigail Klein (Stephanie) to take over the role of Theresa instead of Emily O'Brien (Gwen). Abigail Klein (Stephanie) is a natural blonde who colored her hair brown for the role of Stephanie (she could go back to her natural blonde hair). Seems like she would be a better choice for taking over the Theresa character. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. The casting director couldn't find another blonde actress (in the entire city of Los Angeles or New York) who is looking for work instead of recycling yet another actor/actress?

Apparently they've run Gwen's storyline into the ground, but wanted to keep the actress on the show, so we got the ridiculously quick recast of Theresa with Emily O'Brien (Gwen). Just like Ben sailing off with Ciara and baby Bo, but the show wanted to keep Robert Scott Wilson, so we got him playing Alexander with breakneck speed.

It was absolutely ridiculous with Robert Scott Wilson (Ben/now Alex) and it's equally ridiculous with Emily O'Brien (Gwen). Just like Kyle Lowder being Rex Brady instead of Brady Black (although that was years ago, his Rex still seems like the Brady Black character to me except everyone now says Rex. From my eyes, his Rex and Brady are one and the same with no difference in mannerisms or performance) as well as Josh Taylor (Roman who was previously Chris although I barely remember him back then).

Wish I knew the reason behind the show having performers doing double duty, gets very confusing for the viewer.

However, in re: Josh Taylor (Chris, then Roman)....he is an old, long time friend of Corday. He doesn't appear much any more......but that might have been why he got the recast job. As to the others, no clue. It does seem rather strange about Gwen taking over as Theresa......but it does seem British actors do a better American accent, than American actors do a British one. LOL. Am no judge. Time will tell.

I don't really mind brining someone back as a new character if it's been a while. I eventually adjusted to new Roman. I don't get it when it's someone currently on the show. Just figure out something to write for Gwen and Brady. Preferably something that starts out totally unrelated to romance. I'm not sure Brady even has a job right now. Maybe he could start a coup over Sweet Bits and Gwen could report on it.

I swear it’s a money thing. If they paid to have an actor on contract but there’s no story, they just turn them into someone else and start over. Then run that into the ground. I’m looking at you Alex.

Last edited:
I agree with TinaY, I think it's cost-related. I don't know what the implications are but I think if someone is under contract and the show wants to move on from them the show has to pay or buy out the remainder of the contract or have some sort of opt-out clause. If they did have to pay they probably figured they weren't going to pay for 2 actors (having dead money for one). I had a discussion with an industry insider years ago who said producing a soap was extremely expensive. That was in the early 2000s and the constraints have probably gotten worse.

Back