SPOILER !! Week Sept 25

Just here to make an observation I've been noticing about Brady, with regard to Theresa. It seems like the writers are doing the same thing with Brady like they have done with Eric. Making him terribly sanctimonious in judging Theresa, like Eric did with Nicole.

He seemed really judgmental, right out of the gate, with Theresa when she first came into town for Victor's memorial. You'd think he'd be a little more grateful that she was there for it. Yeah, she's done a lot of terrible things over the years, but she hasn't done nowhere near the horrible amount of dirty deeds that Kristen has, and he has given Kristen chance, after chance, after chance.

Instead, Brady shoots for the nosebleed section of the high moral ground, throwing around hatefulness at Theresa every time he sees her. He's worse with her than with Kristen, in my opinion. If he trusts her enough to take care of Tate, with little to no interference (and it seems with very little participation in Tate's life, until last week when it served as ANOTHER reason for Brady to hurl more blame and insults at Theresa), and what seemed reasonably civil co-parenting until she showed up to show support for Maggie and the rest of the family during this time, why wouldn't he be a little more nice to the woman that must be doing a fairly decent job of raising his son, so much that you never hear a peep out of him complaining/kidnapping, or otherwise having issues with her, other than her showing up to be there for him and his family during their period of mourning.

He has been really nasty to her upon her arrival. I understand she has ulterior motives, but I also feel that she was genuine about her intentions, with regard to being there for the memorial. I just feel he is overplaying his disdain for her, in comparison to Kristen and quite frankly over full of himself.

End of Brady rant. Just getting tired of the way they are writing all of these men-children like they are God's gift to the ladies on the show. We want heroes, not chumps, and here lately they are writing many of the men as grade A prime jerks.

:whack:

Last edited:
I agree with the Brady stuff. This animosity made no sense as soon as she walked in the door considering how they've portrayed their recent relationship. All I could do was laugh when he was like there's NO WAY he'd ever consider going back with her since he's recycled I think ever woman at least twice. I'd prefer them teaming up against Kristen who has not one redeeming quality at all. In my humble opinion of soaps a long time villian needs to have some sort likeable something. She has not one.

I think this mostly bothers me because Theresa and Brady when they were together and happy were great. It was a brief period when Brady was settled and I wasn't expecting him to be looking for his next woman in a few weeks. Plus they had a house and everything!

Link to weekly pictures

Thanks, Kat!

Wow, Nicole has really popped!

I am also amused by Gwen's playing around with Dimitri.

Love that Xander is stopping the wedding to, as we already know, tell everyone that he knows he is Victoria's father. Team Xander!

In addition to Brady acting like a total jerk-weed to Jeannie T, I guess the writers have forgotten that Brady and Jeannie T were on friendly terms after she went to California with Tate to help Kimberly. Plus, at one point, he had left Rachel in Jeannie T's care out in California. If he had such contempt for Theresa, he'd have never left Rachel with her. We were even surprised that Theresa was willing take care of Rachel after what Kristen had done to Theresa.

This was mentioned on 7/15/2022:

Salem Inn: NEWS FLASH Rachel is staying with Tate and Jeannie T. Chloe thinks Belle and Shawn-D will work things out like Jeannie T and Brady did; Brady thinks the marriage may be over for good. Then they get frisky.

Here's the transcript:

Chloe: Well, it’s nice that Rachel gets to stay with Tate and Theresa for a while.

Brady: Mm. Yeah, it is.

Chloe: But it’s also nice that you and Theresa are getting along. Look, honey, I know that you’re worried about Belle.

Brady: Oh, you think? I am.

[Scoffs]

Chloe: Well, look at how you and Theresa have worked things out. That could be Belle and Shawn in time.

@soapkitty, That's one of the reasons I really like Jada because, so far, she is a strong woman, that is her own person. She and Rafe seem to really like and respect each other.

I do like Stephanie and like that she's not afraid to stand up to the men in her life. I was so afraid that Chad was going to overhear her say something stupid to her mom, like that she was jealous of Theresa and Alex getting together. She and Chad are cute together. I think perhaps it was a tad too soon after Abigail's death for Chad and Stephanie to be moving in together, but this is soapland, so nothing seems to be off limits.

Kayla, Marlena, Maggie, Julie and Kate also get honorable mentions for speaking their mind, but some of these younger gals need to worry more about getting their life in order before hopping into the next bed, and usually ending up pregnant, just in time for the next "thrilling, shocking, stunning twist" a.k.a. the overused who's the daddy storyline because the writers have nothing new up their sleeve.

A question regarding the Rafe and Jada preview mention from Soap Opera Digest, posted earlier, for next week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what jurisdiction would Rafe and Jada have in London, even when they do find Ava and Harris? Last time I knew of local laws, local cops would have ZERO jurisdiction and arrest powers in London. I guess they could get Interpol, ISA, or Scotland Yard involved, but seriously. Just saying. :head scratch: :head scratch:

Side note: It was nice to see Shane Donovan back on the canvas but it was too short-lived for me. Would have been nice to see him and Andrew in action for something meatier in the Victor story, than just for Shane to come deliver the silver briefcase. Kind of a letdown. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

Back