Weepagail has returned

SarahBeth

Reaction score
While I agree she has plenty of reason to cry, I am already tired of it. She needs to just go find Kayla and let it all out. Admit she is in love with Chad and is very disappointed that Ben is the father. Otherwise we are in for months of Weepagail.

And since I don't keep up with the writing staff, I have to ask this: When we get the scene where she does bawl that she's pregnant by the wrong man, are these the same writers that gave us StinkerBelle with a huge case of SNTDS (Shawn's Not The Daddy Syndrome) which she conveniently covered as postpartum.

I don't understand why she's making herself so sick over this. If she doesn't want to be with Ben because she's in love with Chad, but is conflicted about being with Chad because Ben's the "father" of her baby, then don't be with either. Be single! I wonder how much of what Ben said is true. Is she staying with him because it's the respectable thing to do? And I understand JJ and Jen not wanting to push her too far questioning her behavior, but this girl looks like she's on the verge of a self-inflicted nervous breakdown.

The new writers' material will be seen within a week or two. Josh Griffith has never written for Days before. Dena Higley has, but just before these latest fired writers came on board.
I do believe Belle DID have postpartum depression, and I do not think she realized that there was a chance Philip was not the father of Claire.

However, the thread is about Abigail who seems to be shedding tears constantly, & since Kayla knows about the chances of Chad being the dad, yep, Abby might be well advised to talk to her. But Aunt Hope might be a better choice, since Aunt Hope was in that position herself some years ago.

I don't understand why she's making herself so sick over this. If she doesn't want to be with Ben because she's in love with Chad, but is conflicted about being with Chad because Ben's the "father" of her baby, then don't be with either. Be single! I wonder how much of what Ben said is true. Is she staying with him because it's the respectable thing to do?
Perhaps, "Weepagail" is shedding her tears because she has no idea of what's the respectable thing to do. After all, Salem is remarkably lacking in moral and social standards. Adultery is commonplace, Sami married her rapist, fathers leave their families for years at a time, everyone idolizes the horndog Love Doctor, people think Brady is a good guy despite having once ordered a K-thug to shoot Chad, etc. That said, "Weepagail" is lucky that she doesn't live in 1600s Massachusetts. By now, she'd be wearing a big scarlet "A" on her clothes. That would give her something to really cry about.

I find myself just screaming "OH SHUT UP, ABIGAIL! What is crying going to fix? NOTHING."

I mean really. I get it, a tear or two, maybe 1 crying scene, but every day? Boo hooing yourself silly? uuuggghhhhh

I have enough real sadness in my life. watching her cry over her "perfectly ruined fairy tale" is getting annoying. I also want to say to her "Stop crying, if it had meant that much to you, you would't have slept with Chad".

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a difference between "happy" tears and "sad" tears. Abigail definitely has had a huge case of the "sad" tears lately. There she was telling her brother and mom what should have been happy news (We're engaged! I'm having a baby!) and by the way she was acting you would think she was telling them the exact opposite news (We broke up. I had a miscarriage.). I mean, seriously, I can understand being a bit pensive about telling your family you're pregnant when it wasn't planned and you're not married but good grief, I've never seen someone so forlornly tell her family she was engaged and happy about it when clearly she is not happy about any of this.

Yeah, she was crying a lot yesterday. You know when someone is happy or excited about getting married and becoming a mother, and she is neither. I do believe she wants the baby though. I feel at least that there is one simple solution to Abby's problem. Just tell Ben the truth about everything. Yes, he already knows, but she doesn't know that. Let the chips fall where they may. Ben could still be a father to the baby without them getting married. She would be free to be with Chad. Honestly, I think it's his ring, she would rather have on her finger anyway. I think if she were honest with herself, she would feel a thousand times better than she does right now. Nonetheless, it is a soap so let the drama begin.

Last edited:
Did we ever get a line that this was a protection failure?? Or was the evilness of birth control ever discussed?? Because, well, Maury Povich has made a career out of "You ARE the Father!!" to hysterics of the mom. You'd think someone as smart as Abby would maybe use protection or insist the guys do.

The only thing ever said was that it was the 'wrong time' - but Abby's not Catholic in any sense so using the rhythm method/natural family planning would be just stupid.

And I mean in any sense in that even if her family were (and the Horton and Deveraux families are not if memory serves), then chasing married men, living in sin, sex before marriage and cheating on your boyfriend would be bigger concerns than using birth control.

Abby's crying wouldn't annoy me so much if she was actually crying, but mostly its been just lots of huffing, sniffling, hand wrangling and moaning. Not much in the way of actual tears. And I totally agree that if the angst of wanting to be with the bloke who (supposedly) isn't your baby-daddy is too much then be single and take some time to get your life together!

(My religion teacher (Catholic high school) used to call this show "Days of our Drearies" because she said every time she watched it Marlena was crying. :rotfl:We used to discuss what was going on after class sometimes).

I'm getting tired of it too. I think if Ben meant so much to her, she wouldn't have made love to Chad and she would be happy about the engagement. I think she needs to be upfront with him, end their relationship, and get together with Chad. She and Ben can still raise the baby and I'm sure Chad wouldn't mind helping out either, given how much he loves Abby.

Back